Sassy Water! I’ll Drink To That!

I will admit right here, right now, I am TERRIBLE at drinking enough water! I am always looking for ways to be a better water drinker…but I never actually DO it. I’m really not sure what my block is (other than the fact that I drink WAY too much Diet Coke!)…but I really do struggle with this!

So when I heard about Sassy Water…I decided this was made just for me!

Sassy Water is named after Cynthia Sass co-author of the New York Times Bestseller “The Flat Belly Diet”. But even if you’re not following the diet, Sassy Water gives the BORING mandate to “drink 8 glasses of water a day” a little bit of ZING!

It is also supposed to calm your gastro-intestinal tract, and it makes it easy to tell if you have finished your goal for the day! (I like that part.)

So as much as it pains me to say this…I am going to try the Sassy Water idea and see how it goes. I am not going to stop drinking Diet Coke…yet.  But my theory is that after drinking all this water…Diet Coke won’t have the same appeal. We’ll see how that theory pans out. :-)

Who’s with me???

The Sassy Water Recipe

northcarolinacharm.blogspot.com

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 pitcher
8 1/2 cups water (ideally filtered water)
1 teaspoon grated ginger (to boost metabolism)
1 medium cucumber, sliced thin (a natural diuretic, helps the body release stored excess water)
1 medium lemon, sliced thin (a digestive aid and liver cleanser)
12 leaves spearmint

Directions:

1 Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher.
2 Refrigerate overnight.
3 Strain water.
4 Drink all 8 1/2 cups during the day.

Sprucing up plain water is today’s…..

Facebook136Twitter4Pinterest3072Google+4

Comments

1. Jami @MonsterMamas says

That sounds really good! I will have to try that for sure. I am always looking for ways to kick the soda habit when you consider what is in them and how bad they are for you… I just never can get myself to drink as much water as I should either. Thanks for sharing! :)

2. deb thomas says

This sounds really good. I find if I have a water bottle of some sort to carry around with me, I do much better about getting my water in. I have given myself the rule, when I finish one of my 32oz water bottles, I can have a cup of coffee or a diet coke and not until. I am usually able to get 2 bottles of water in because I really want the coffee or diet coke…lol. Thanks for sharing and I love your blog.

3. The Happy Camper says

I'm in! I joined Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago (5.5 pounds down..thank you very much) and they also want you to drink tons of water. I love water straight so this will be a real treat and should make it easier to get it all in. In additions to cleaning my face with Oil, drinking a lot of water is making such a difference in my complexion.

4. Markee says

Jill, I too struggle with drinking enough water (I love the diet coke). I've been working on losing weight for about a year and I know how important drinking enough water is and how it affects my weight loss. (I've lost 65lbs so far). This sounds like it will be a big help as well as drinking from a bottle for me. For some crazy reason I don't like drinking water from a glass either. Thanks for the tip. Keep up the good work. I enjoy your blog. (I'm praying for you.)

5. Pip says

I've used this for years and it really is great. The taste is great and the bloat-release is worth it!
    I HATE water, it's so darn boring. I find drinking sassy water at room temperature is the best way to get my daily dose. I also know that I feel SO much better when I increase my water intake. Less headaches, less snack cravings, my skin looks better. If only I could make it a habit!

6. Kathy lee Barrio says

I love this idea and have used it myself, there is an easier way to do this daily mix, just add a few drops of slim and sassy from doterra! it is amazing and has the same if not better results. I am not sure if you allow others to post sites on here, you can remove the post if you need to , just thought I would share where to get it …blessings kat

Thanks for reminding me about Sassy Water!

I previously tried the flat belly diet and lost quite a bit of weight! ( the food is delicious 99% of the time! My partner would actually not realise that he was doing this ‘diet’ thing with me! ) :)

Sassy Water is tasty.. I bought this big water jug when I started the flat belly diet and would simply prepare one sassy water jug every morning or night… Then I would drink from it all day! It’s good, helps with craving, and so fresh!

8. JessiJ says

Made the Sassy Water night before last and drank all eight cups yesterday. It’s delicious and a real feeling of hydration. I loved the ginger kick. However, it’s definitely a digestion pusher.. Lunch, I ate a salad of just green lettuce and two egg white omelette. Snack, cup of cherrios. Dinner, chicken breast and spinach. Two hours after dinner the belly gurgles began. (Please excuse the rest of the paragraph, but I think some will appreciate to know a possible side effect) Sudden urge to go to the restroom, like immediate..bowels expelled solid at first and then liquidy. Definite feeling of being ‘cleaned’ out. After a shower and settling for bed, another spell of gurgles..to stomach cramping…to that ‘gotta go NOW’ feeling with another session of liquid release..followed by terrible gas/belly ache. I didn’t want to go back to bed dehydrated so I chugged a tall glass of water and went back to sleep. Next morning, no belly ache and normal BM.
    I had another batch of Sassy Water in the fridge I prepared the night before. I’m going to continue the regime, however maybe do 4 cups of SW and regular water in between.
    Definitely, detox like effects.. just a heads up should you have overnight guests or an event in the evening. Make sure you have access to a restroom.

9. richa says

Can anybody please tell me for how many days do I have to drink sassy water? How many times in a week? Or do I have to drink it daily? I really want to loose my weight specially my belly fat.
    Please revert back asap.