Afternoon Snack . . . Frozen Blueberries & Greek Yogurt!

OK….I know I posted about blueberries and Greek yogurt a little while ago……but this is COMPLETELY different! :-)

Well OK…not completely…but somewhat. And while I still ADORE THE Frozen Yogurt-Covered Blueberry Bites (I mean seriously ADORE!) . . . this tasty little treat has been coming in a VERY close second!

Of course it has a BIG advantage in that it only takes seconds to make. The little frozen blueberries bites take a little more time and then you have to wait for them to freeze . . . but I personally think they are WELL worth the wait!

But, if you’re in a hurry for a snack….try this!

• Frozen blueberries (or whatever berry you prefer)
  • Greek yogurt (I love Honey flavored)
  • Spoon to mix
  • Bowl to eat out of

I am literally eating a bowl of this right now. It is so delicious I can’t even describe it. So I won’t. ¬†Just try it. :-)

Bowl of FROZEN blueberries
Greek yogurt
Add a dollop (or more) of Greek yogurt
Mix
A few more frozen berries on top . . . just for looks.
Admire how pretty it looks.

EAT ! ! !

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest320Google+1

Comments

1. Anonymous says

what a great idea! I have a freezer full of blueberries. My dad brings me cases of fresh blueberries from the farmers market and I can never use them fast enough. thanks!

2. redheadbaker says

I can't wait to try this! My favorite snack from childhood is milk poured over frozen blueberries.

3. eaf says

These look delicious! And I will totally try this. Doesn’t freezing yogurt kill the live active bacteria? I’m sure its still alot healthier than ice cream- just no probiotic effect.

• DeeDee says

I wondered the same thing, but this recipe does not freeze the yogurt as she mixes in frozen blueberries with the yogurt out of the fridge..I have done this with both frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries and added some chopped walnuts :)

4. Debbie says

One of my kids favorite snacks is frozen blueberries with milk poured over. They turn into little snow balls!

5. Chelsea smallwood says

I can agree with this this is the best idea ever. I went through a long phase where i ate frozen blueberries all day and night! They taste amazing! Topped with greek yoghurt would just be sooo much better! thanks!

6. Susan says

So funny I should see this post! This has become my favorite breakfast recently. I like to add whole almonds and sometimes a little high fiber cereal. Delicious! Frozen blueberries are also great in oatmeal with nuts or even cold cereal. I couldn’t stand blueberries as a kid. Remember to try things again every once in awhile. We get new taste buds every seven years. =)