Yesterday I saw this photo on Pinterest of a delicious-looking chicken breast topped with avocado and cheese. I haven’t been able to get it off my mind since. So I decided today I better make it so I could stop obsessing over it. :-)
Upon further inspection I realized it was a recipe for Chicken Parmigiana. And while it still looked delicious…I was looking for something a little lighter and simpler.
So here is my Jillee version that I have dubbed….Avocado Lime Chicken! Clever huh? ;-)
- Defrosted chicken breast
- Olive oil
- House seasoning
- Defrosted chicken breast (from one of those bags of frozen chicken breasts).
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side in a little olive oil and my “house” seasoning.
- Slice avocado and place on top.
- I decided to slice up the chicken breast because it was pretty big and I didn’t want all of it.
- Squeeze lime over chicken and avocado.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a slice and a half of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cook for approximately 45 seconds in the microwave.