How To Build A Spinach Salad – A Pictorial

spinach saladI just LOVE making delicious salads for LUNCH! Mainly because I’m really the only one in this house who really APPRECIATES good salads. The men/boys in this house would much rather just have iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing (if I can get them to eat it at all!) than a “fancy schmancy” salad with all the scrumptious “trimmings”.  Not me! Bring on the fancy!

That’s why lunchtime (when the men/boys are at work and school) is the perfect time to create a masterpiece for just me!

So, as I was constructing my salad du jour (thanks to my inspiration found here)…I decided to snap a few pictures. Maybe SOMEONE out there will appreciate it! ;-)

spinach salad

spinach salad

spinach salad

spinach salad

spinach salad

I would write more….but I’m LITERALLY eating this salad as I type this! :-)

Print Friendly
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest24Google+0

1. KimH says

Thats quite the beautiful salad.. Did you use Feta or Blue? I can tollerate Feta but thats about as far as my strong cheese tastebuds can go. M’honey on the other hand adores blue cheese crumbles & the more, the better in his opinion.. I know you enjoyed it much! I think I’ll run make myself one right now too. ;)

2. Kristyna says

Hey, this salad looks amazing! I would be very grateful if you sent me the recipe to my email adress. Im just starting on my healthy diet and collecting recipes I fancy. I can send some of my favourite recipes. Thanks loads!!! :) Kristyna

3. Lindsy says

Oh my I am drooling and it’s 9:30 am
    Here…. Hubby hates iceburg so we always have spinach and romaine here so i am so going to have to whip this up! That dressing sounds good too! I love your posts ans am so happy to have found you!!! Your dishwashing soap (dawn, sun and vinegar) has saved my glasses from the nasty hard water stains I had been
    Fighting since we moved out to the country 10 months ago!

Oh my goodness! I love this type of salad, too! And I’m so grateful that my kids (and husband) love salads with lots of “stuff” (and NO iceburg lettuce!). Great pics – I’m inspired to go and make a salad tonight!

Yum, that looks sooo good! I love making salads like this, but my hubby is just like yours.. would rather have iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing (blah!)

6. kim says

What a beautiful salad! I live with a houseful of boys too, and whenever I buy iceberg lettuce (like once a decade) they get so excited that I bought “the good stuff” LOL I don’t get it! I hope you enjoyed your salad. Did you use the same dressing as the recipe she gave? I’m going to try this one.

kim….I did use the same dressing from the link by Recipe Girl. :-) It’s quick and easy and I just mix up enough for one salad at a time by shaking it in a mason jar. And yes, I enjoyed my salad VERY much! :-) Thanks!

• kim says

I made this last night for my husband and I for dinner… we both loved it! I do think next time I’ll tone down the dijon in the dressing though.