Now, don’t get me wrong…I actually am quite fond of Pumpkin…and I’m sure the alfredo is wonderful! (I’m “guilty” of posting a pumpkin recipe too!) But I’m about pumpkin’ed out.
Well, with this treat you can have your pumpkin and eat CHOCOLATE too! :-)
When I first saw this on the Hershey’s website I knew I had to make it.
First of all….I love Reese’s Peanut Butter cups! But I love, LOVE, LOVE the Reese’s Peanut Butter PUMPKINS…or EASTER EGGS…or CHRISTMAS TREES…or VALENTINE HEARTS. You Reese’s aficionado’s out there will know what I’m talking about. There is just SOMETHING about the holiday versions of the traditional “cup” that are even more delicious!
So, this “recipe” had me at: Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins! Add some crunchy, salty pretzels for legs and some goofy chocolate candies for eyes…and this really is one of the EASIEST, TASTIEST, and CUTEST Halloween treats around.
What you’ll need:
- REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkins
- Large pretzel twists (can use gluten-free pretzels)
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (this is enough for about 8 spiders)
- White YORK PIECES Candies
- Line tray or cookie sheet with waxed paper or aluminum foil.
- Remove wrappers from desired number of peanut butter pumpkins. For each spider, break off 8 matching curved sections from pretzels which will form the legs. Set aside.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) for 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
- For each spider, place a peanut butter pumpkin on an upside down paper plate. Attach pretzel legs and white candy “eyes” to spider with melted chocolate; place dot of melted chocolate on each eye. Allow chocolate to set before moving spiders.
Aren’t these little guys just adorable? And SO easy to make. Even the kidlets could help with this crafty treat. I think they would make a cute addition to any Halloween party table!
A WORD OF WARNING THOUGH!
If you leave these little guys unattended for even a MINUTE…you may come back to find this!!!
Oh the horror!! We have a spider – eater amongst us!