21 Home Remedies for Dry, ITCHY Skin!

remedies for itchy skin I really don’t mean for this blog to be “all about me” all the time….but it seems like lately I’m having a lot of “issues” that I think others might relate to and then I feel I have to share the information I discover! :-)

Over the past week I have decided that itchiness that you just can’t get rid of is one of the most agonizing things on earth! It personally makes me want to just crawl out of my skin. So obviously I have been looking for RELIEF anywhere and everywhere!

I certainly did LEARN a lot about itchiness! Turns out one of the most common causes of itching is due to stress and anxiety! I did not know that! Of course dry skin (xerosis) is another frequent cause of itch, which I suspect is my problem (although I’m definitely not ruling out the stress thing!)

But regardless of the cause, there are LOTS of good home remedies to help control itch:

Baking Soda Bath
Soaking in a bath of baking soda for 30-60 minutes can make all the difference. Add one cup baking soda to a tub of warm water. After the bath, it is important to gently pat your skin dry with a towel (or air-dry). For more localized itching you can make a paste of one part water to three parts baking soda.

Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can be directly applied on itchy skin to relieve the irritation. Although this sounds a little scary to me….especially if you have been scratching much (like I have).

Oatmeal
Mixing oatmeal in water and spreading it on irritated skin can also be cooling and soothing. Add 2 cups of colloidal oatmeal to a lukewarm bath and soak to soothe itchy skin. Avoid using very hot water, as it can irritate the skin and cause it to itch more.

Essential Oils
There are many good essential oils with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that have the ability to give relief to itchy skin and alleviate irritations. (I’ve been using LOTS of Lavender lately!) You can add them to your bath water or apply directly on your skin. Just make sure to follow the dosage recommendations exactly as directed on the package.
The following are some of the best essential oils for itchy skin: Agrimony oil, Basil oil, Bay leaf oil, Calendula oil, Chamomile oil, Chickweed oil, Clove oil, Geranium oil, Jewelweed oil, Lavender oil, Neem oil, Nettle oil, Peppermint oil, Rosemary oil, Thyme oil

Cold Water
Because cold and itch travel along the same nerve fibers, the use of cold can “jam the circuits” and deaden itch. Cool showers or baths or even ice packs can be an instant remedy for itchy skin.
Again, hot water feels good temporarily, but it often leaves you feeling itchier later.

Oil Therapy
Rub on some olive, almond or sesame oil and massage lightly on to your hands, legs and the rest of your body before heading for a shower. If time permits, heat the oil and then apply. Post shower, use a light moisturiser/sunscreen, because winter sun isn’t any less harsh.

Coconut Oil
The driest of the dry itchy skin in winter usually occurs on the heels, hands and elbows. An overnight spot treatment on these skin areas with coconut oil can result in much improvement by the next morning. Soak in a lukewarm bath until your fingers shrivel, this indicates that the skin is full hydrated. Pat skin dry, but leave slightly damp. Put a thick layer of coconut oil on heels, hands and elbows, covering the greased areas with socks, gloves and long sleeved pajama top, and go to bed. You should have a restful itch-free night of sleep and improved skin in the morning.

Got Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk not only reduces skin dryness, but also helps combat dark spots and blemishes. Rub it onto your face and body, and leave it overnight.

Apple Cider Vinegar
If you have a small patch of dry, itchy skin, dot vinegar on the spot with a cotton ball. If you’re experiencing all-over itching and dryness, add two or three cups of vinegar to your bath water and soak for 15 to 30 minutes.

Aloe Vera
Slice a piece of aloe, squeeze all the gel out and apply to itchy skin. It will not only moisturise your skin, it will also form a protective layer that will keep impurities from entering your pores. Although aloe is a good skin hydrant, it can leave your skin feeling tight. So you might want to also put on moisturizer.

Milk and Honey
Pour some milk into a bowl, dip a clean white washcloth into the milk and apply it to the dry itchy skin patch for 5 minutes. Milk has anti-inflammatory properties that often remove the itch from dry skin. Milk is very soothing to inflamed, dry, itchy skin. A milk bath once in a month can also help.
OR
Lightly heat 2 teaspoons of honey and apply it to skin while warm. Leave it on for 15 minutes, and then wash it off. Honey helps lock in moisture, has antioxidant and anti-microbial properties, which is why it’s found in so many over-the-counter skincare products.

Beeswax
A combination of honey, olive oil, and beeswax can provide significant benefit to people suffering from eczema or psoriasis. Combining equal parts of raw (unprocessed) honey, beeswax, and olive oil. Melt the beeswax in a small pan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove it from the heat and mix in the honey, then the olive oil, stirring the mixture until well blended. While the mixture is still warm, pour it into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. The mixture should keep for up to three months. A few drops of vitamin E oil (from a gel cap) may be added to each batch for longer shelf life, and to enhance its healing properties.

Spices
Juniper Berries contain anti-inflammatory, volatile substances. When combined with cloves, which contain eugenol to numb nerve endings, the result is no more itch. To make a salve of both spices, melt 3 ounces of unsalted butter in a saucepan. In a separate pan, melt a lump of beeswax — about the amount of 2 tablespoons. When the beeswax has melted, combine with butter and stir well. Add 5 tablespoons ground juniper berries and 3 teaspoons ground cloves to the mixture and stir. Allow to cool and apply to itchy skin. Note: It is best to grind the spices at home because the volatile substances are preserved better in whole berries and cloves.

Herbs

• Like cloves, BASIL contains high amounts of eugenol, a topical anesthetic. Place 1/2 ounce dried basil leaves in a 1-pint jar of boiling water. Keep it covered to prevent the escape of the aromatic eugenol from the tea. Allow to cool. Dip a clean cloth into the tea and apply to itchy skin as often as necessary.
  • MINT contains significant amounts of menthol, which has anesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties when applied topically. To make a mint tea rinse, place 1 ounce dried mint leaves in 1 pint boiling water. Cover and allow to cool. Strain, dip a clean cloth in the tea, and apply to the itchy area when necessary.
  • THYME contains large amounts of the volatile constituent thymol, which also has anesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties. It numbs the itch while reducing inflammation caused by scratching. To make a thyme rinse, place 1/2 ounce dried thyme leaves in a 1-pint jar of boiling water. Cover and allow to cool. Strain and dip a clean cloth into the tea, then apply to affected areas.

Stock Up On Glycerin
Glycerin is a humectant (draws water to your body) and has a cooling, hydrating effect on the skin which is why it is used so prevalently in soap and skin care products. Combine with rose water for even better results.

Cotton Clothing
Avoid wearing wool and polyester and other synthetic materials, as they can cause skin to itch. 100% cotton clothing can often help an itchy situation.

Avoid “Scented” Soap
Wash your clothing in unscented detergent. Scented detergent may contain chemicals and other irritants that make skin itch. Unscented detergent is more gentle and will help allow skin to heal.

Humidify Your Environment
Sleep with a humidifier in your room. A humidifier releases water into the air, which can be absorbed by your itchy skin, which will soothe it.

Drink More Water
Drink lots of water to keep skin hydrated. Moreover water helps to remove toxins through urine. Excessive toxin levels in the body may create irritation and itchiness.

Watch What You Eat
A diet rich in Vitamin A, B and E is also a dry skin remedy as deficiency of these vitamins lead to dry skin. Dry fruits help to retain moisture in the skin. Consuming dry fruits regularly can help in treating extremely dry skin.

Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol
Alcohol and drinks high in caffeine are dehydrating and can make itching worse!

There you go…more than you ever thought there was to know (or ever WANTED to know!) about relieving the torment of itchy skin! If you’re suffering from the “agony of itch” like me…STOP THE MADNESS…try one of these today! I know I am!

Did I miss any??

Be sure to check out the new

One Good Thing By Jillee FORUM!

Start a conversationmeet a new frienddiscuss an ideaor just hang out!
See ya there!

Share on Facebook685Tweet about this on Twitter27Pin on Pinterest15093Google+10

Comments

1. Michelle says

Thanks for the great ideas. My daughter suffers terribly from eczema. At the moment we’re doing oatmeal baths and moisturising with cocoa and shea butter. Do you think it would work to add thyme, basil lavender and mint to the beeswax/honey/olive oil mixture you suggested or is that too much in one formula?

• Kara says

I’m no expert, but I also have eczema and recently started using a homemade lotion made from olive oil, beeswax, and coconut oil (you can google/pinterest tons of recipes for something similar) and it has reduced my itching SO MUCH!!! The biggest problems with this lotion–1)make sure to rub it in really really well because of the oil and 2) my dog loooves the smell/taste so he wants to lick me when I have it on haha So, I’d say the costs outweigh the benefits even without the extra stuff you are thinking about adding in to the mixture

2. Vicki says

I used to work for a dermatologist and the recomendation was… NEVER bathe HOT water during the winter. Hot water causes the skin to lose more moisture. Use warm water. He aslo advised his patients to use a soap with moisturisers like Tone, Dove or Caress. Pat your skin dry instead of rubbing it.

Just want to make a comment about the “unscented” laundry detergents… those are filled with carcinogens and even worse for you than regular laundry detergent… Also, dryer sheets are totally carcinogenic as well.

I think you had a laundry soap homemade recipe on here once? Maybe? It is simple: Borax, Washing Soda, and Fels Napthe bar.

Once I switched over (and use vinegar in the rinse cycle for fabric softener along with dryer balls), my itching stopped. When you wash your clothing (and bedding!) that will be touching your skin, in harsh detergents, no wonder so many of us itch. So try the natural method and not only is it only mere pennies per load, it also allows you to expose your family to less toxins.

I also didn’t know that stress could be a factor. Man, I am in trouble then!!! :)

4. Kim says

If none of these great remedies work, consider having your thyroid checked. A friend tried every over the counter and home remedy she could find with no luck. Turns out she had an overactive thyroid!

5. Linda C. says

I suffered for years from terribly itchy skin, as did my father (who was an Ivory user). As soon as I stopped using regular bar soap (like Coast, Ivory, Dial, Safeguard etc.) my itching went away. Now I only buy the large ‘specialty’ bars of soap. I find them at TJMaxx and Marshall’s for $4-$5 bar but they are HUGE and last a really long time. 30 yrs ago, my friend in Germany told me that we Americans were crazy for using the regular soap, it was full of detergents and harsh on our skin (but I didn’t listen then!). I’ve had good success with body washes containing moisturizers as well.

6. Patti says

You might want to try my handmade lotion. It works wonders in the winter (is a little heavy for summer except on your hands). VERY EASY!!
    1 bottle baby lotion (I use the usual pink kind, but now there are lavenders, etc.)
    1 container petroleum jelly
    1 container Vitamin E
    I try to keep the proportions close to the same and buy my products at the dollar store. Mix all three with a mixer (this stuff is very thick) until blended. It will resemble whipped cream. Voila!! My friends ask me for this all the time so you could make it for gifts. I put it back in the original containers or small bottles or containers with lids. I have extreme eczema and this does the trick! And it is cheap!!!

7. Lindie says

Thanks for these tips! It seems like my kiddos are always itchy during the winter months and their little skin is so dry. Poor things. I think I’m going to start doing the baking soda in their baths at least once a week.
    I love all these remedies especially since they are all natural!

8. Anne says

Vinegar instead of fabric softener is a life saver with balls in the dryer – it takes out the chemicals in your detergent as well. Also, Trader Joes lavender lotion is great for itchiness that is not just dry skin!

9. Terri says

I’ve had eczema for YEARS! Until…..I gave up eating/drinking all dairy products (milk, cheese, butter) this past summer. The red scaly patch I’d had on my leg for 4 years was gone within two weeks and the under/inside elbow and knee patches that come and go haven’t been since. I lapsed and started eating cheese again in september, and yep–within two days the big red patch came back.
    I encourage anyone with eczema, or who has kids with eczema, to go without dairy for two weeks and see what happens. It requires reading lables, but thankfully most labels list possible allergens seperately at the end of the ingredients.

10. Rachel says

Thank you for this list! I literally was about to hop on to pinterest after checking my email to see what I could do for my poor baby boy who suffers from eczema. This is a GREAT list and I have many of the items on hand!

11. Sarah says

I get extremely itchy skin in sporadic bouts maybe once or twice a year. This last time, I tried a lot of different natural remedies. The two things that really helped:1) real aloe vera rubbed directly on the skin to provide temporary relief and 2) I started doing saunas because I suspected that detoxing my skin would help — after about a month of itching, once I started the sauna, it went away in about three days.

12. Helen says

My kids have eczema and the best thing I have found is to use Tea Tree Oil. I mix plain lotion (non scented etc) with a bit of Tea Tree Oil and rub it onto their skin… usually you only have to apply it once and it clears it right up. It really is the best solution for eczema and for any rash or dry skin problems.

I have some really itchy red & bumpy areas on my scalp…around the back of my ears. It drives me crazy!! I have tried all kinds of dandruff shampoos, sulfate free & natural shampoos and I get some relief, but it hasn’t gone away completely. So I’ll try some of these and see if they help! Thanks…

• Susan says

Mary, after you shampoo/condition, use a wet washcloth and remove every single little bit of conditioner or anything from the skin…you can also try using Listerine as a rinse. I got with the mint but the scent fade when your hair dries and it makes a world of difference to me. Amateur opinion sounds like you are allergic to some ingredients. Have you tried no poo or baking soda and vinegar?

• Mary says

Hi Susan, I have tried a lot of things to no avail! I think I might even be allergic to the plastic ends on my eyeglasses. Because they lay right where the red starts. So I got some moleshin and covered the plastic. It has helped a little. I have wanted to try the baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse. I also want to try a lot of other things I’ve read here. Like cutting out dairy. My worst problem is that I drink diet pepsi. I need to quit that and see if that will help!

Also, I need to de-stress!!!

• Brandy says

It kind of sound like dermatitis there are different forms of it. I also have that red and crusty behind the ears too. Hydrocortasone helps. I have 2 types one is called dermatitis herpetiformis which is linked to intolerance to gluten and the other I couldn’t remember the name but I get very itchy on the face and arms, I really think a lot of it is due to all the chemicles we all use and so I have cut back a lot lately and slowly notice I itch less.

14. Diane says

I’ve tried lots of different remedies for itching. The most effective at relieving itching for me is : Witch Hazel with NO alcohol. (Alcohol is drying). Some come with Lavender or cucumber added, both worked well for me. They are so gentle you can use it for feminine itch too.

15. Cynthia says

Thanks as usual for all the home remedies!
    I use a product all year round for my dry hands, called Aloe-Esta. It’s a lotion infused with Aloe, and it has been the best thing for dry skin. It doesn’t leave my skin with an oily film, and when I touch other things, it doesn’t feel like it’s instantly rubbing off. During the winter, when my hands stay dry, I put it on in a thick layer at night right before bed. It keeps the itching to a minimum and keeps my fingers from splitting and my hangnails from getting too bad. I highly recommend it!

16. CTY says

Winter can be harsh on your skin. Protect yourself from the elements- the sun, wind and cold. Besides the humidifier in the bedroom- simmer a pot of water on the stove- add some orange peels for aroma. Also, check your pet-if their skin isn’t great they may be shedding/sloughing more & it all becomes airborne.

17. Bell says

I too suffer from dry winter skin and bouts of nummular eczema. When the temps drop to 50 I start scratching. I went to a Derm about the eczema, I thought I had some kind of ‘cooties’. He scraped and tested and said nummular eczema. I had a patch on my leg about the size of silver dollar that took several years to clear up. I have to layer the moisturizer, oil in the shower and then a layer of lotion when I am out. Currently I am using a mixture of glycerin, baby oil and vit E oil in the shower. I don’t rinse it off. I want to mix up Jillee’s recipe but I have yet to fine the vit E creme. I checked Walmart, The Dollar Tree and Fred’s.

18. Debra says

I have very sensitive skin – have tried all kinds of stuff – my sister told me to stop using dryer sheets and use unscented liquid fabric softener – What a huge difference in my skin! Made me feel and look 75% better! Love your blog!

19. Jody says

My children have had bad eczema and I tired all the prescriptions the dr gave us. Nothing worked! So I tried coconut oil with lavender essential oil mixed in. It works the best! I use it on them every day now and they no longer have the red itchy patches. I also use the same mixture on the baby’s diaper rash and I think it works better than Desitin. And the it’s so much cheaper than getting a prescription.

Its interesting that I have used a combination of most of the suggested ingredients. I use Cocoa butter or emulsifying ointment as a base and mix it with glycerin, rosewater, pure coconut oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, apple cider, vitamin e oil. I will definitely add some other essential oils mentioned next time I mix a batch. You can either mix it by hand or using a blender and apply to the skin when necessary. My daughter had eczema from childhood and it has made a world a difference. I know my mum spent most of my childhood in hospital with me as I had chronic eczema as a child but I was determined that my daughter wouldn’t have the same fate. Thank you for posting these remedies.

• Nen Flores says

Madam:
      Am very interested in making your mixture for my bad skin and would like to request for the proportions (amount of each ingredients when you mix the batch and hand mix them).

Also, if you do not mind telling me where you get your ingredients.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

nenflores@gmail.com

21. Meghan says

Great list! I’m lucky to not have terribly dry skin in the winter for the most part, but my EYELIDS are perpetually dry, red, and flaky/scaly in the winter. Sometimes I wake up with them swollen so that I can’t open my eyes all the way and they are painfully sore. Any suggestions for this area in particular? My go-to solution is to rub Vaseline on them at night, which helps, but I’d like to use something more natural (maybe the coconut oil). Obviously I don’t want something that would run and irritate my eyes. Help?

• Mary says

Coconut oil is wonderful and will not irritate your eyes. I use a lot on my face to leave on at night and I use a lot around my eyes and it smells and feels so nice! I have very soft facial skin too!

• Elizabeth says

I had eye problems my Dr. recomended to wet a way cloth with hot water and apple cloth to closed eyes for 5 min, rinsing to keep cloth hot then wash off with baby shampoo, do few times a day eyes closed of course good luck. helped me

22. Renee says

For those who suffer from eczema, my granddaughter has suffered terribly with it for years. We have tried everything to no avail. Until I found the herb, prunella vulgaris, aka (self-heal). I found a company that sells creme and lotion with prunella vulgaris as one of the main ingredients. My granddaughter used the creme on her eczema 2 or 3 times a day and her eczema didn’t just get better … it VANISHED! It is like magic. My nephew also suffers from eczema on his eyelids, and the prunella works for that also and is safe to use on your face and doesn’t burn the eyes, etc.

23. teri s says

Can I add one? Dry skin brushing (done the correct way–always toward the heart) is an amazing tool to get rid of dry skin! I did not believe it until I started doing it myself. I used to use bottles of Aubrey unscented lotions or coconut oil until now! I don’t ever use ANY unless I have had my hands in water all day long–a big day of cutting or cooking or cleaning or whatever–then I may need a little on my hands.

You can go to youtube to see videos on how to do it.

I have now added dry brushing my face! AMAZING! No dry flaking skin, black heads are going away, no monthly pimples, fine lines are beginning to disappear! Oh amazing! Did I say, “amazing”?

24. Jerry says

I, too, have been plagued with dry itchy skin all of my life. I think I tried everything–from baking soda, all the way up to, and including, some special moisturizer that cost over $100 per set. Nothing worked. Either my skin refused to hydrate, or I got pimples.

Then I heard about going poo-free and soap-free. You still have to wash your hair and face with water, but you don’t use shampoo or soap. Scrub-a-dub dub with the washcloth!

It took about three weeks for my hair and skin to adjust, but after that period passed, I developed the moistest, smoothest skin you ever saw. I’ll never go back.

If you have any interest in this, many online testimonials can be found. For the most part, people who try it never go back.

25. Wytch says

Just a quick word of caution on the essential oils, they can be very soothing to smell, but applying them directly without diluting them can be extremely irritating to your skin. If you’re going to use essential oils such as tea tree or lavender, use a carrier oil such as almond or jojoba. That will give you the aromatheraputic effects without further irritating your skin. And people with extremely sensitive skin may want to forgo the essential oils entirely.

We make at Van Yulay a nutural loiton for psoriasis and ezcema that helps with swelling and red blotchy skin.
    Product Details
    Crystal Clear

This natural cream provides relief for Psoriasis, Eczema, and severely Itchy and Dry Skin. Van Yulay Crystal Clear is a balanced blend of well-known healing oils, herbal extracts and essential oils specifically chosen for their effectiveness in the treatment of Eczema and Psoriasis. These natural oils soothe skin that is hard to treat and help bring relief to the redness and discomfort. This product was formulated with Oat Amino Acids to calm the intensely aggravated and irritated skin. Avocado & Coco Butter is used to maintain a youthful, healthy skin.

Crystal Clear Ingredients

Herbal Water, Aloe Vera, Emu Oil, Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Hemp Oil, Castor Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil, Neem Oil, Argan Oil, Borage Oil, Pumpkin Oil, Coco Butter, Shea Butters, Zinc, Oat Extract, Oregon Grape, Yellow Dock, Red Clover, Marshmallow Root, Calendula, Cayenne, Licorice, Vit E, Chickweed, Chamomile, Liquid Silk, Tea Tree, Lemon Oil, Rosemary, Ylang-Ylang, EO’s , Germaben II

Product Features

· Avocado and Coco Butter

· No Added Fragrance

· Emu Oil and Aloe Vera

· Mineral Oil-Free

Doesn’t alcohol reduce itching? I can’t say I’ve made a serious study or anything, but I can remember more than one occasion when my itching become unnoticeable when I’d had something to drink. Alcohol has anesthetic properties, so this would make sense. Not that it’s a cure, but it seems that if you drink enough water to not become dehydrated, then drinking alcohol could be a positive thing.

Use Skin So Soft on dry itchy skin. It helps skin retain its elasticity!

This is #21 on the list for 104 uses of Skin So Soft Bath Oil.

Here are the top 25

It’s a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
    2 It can be used to remove makeup.
    3 Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
    4 Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
    5 Great massage oil for tired muscles.
    6 Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
    7 Cleans ink off the skin.
    8 Insect repellent.
    9 Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin.
    10 Cleans oil and grease off of skin.
    11 Painting something? Use SSS to remove paint from the hands. (Instead of turpentine).
    12 It soothes light sunburn.
    13 Rub hands with it before washing, it helps get them cleaner.
    14 Rub on dry, cracked skin…. helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
    15 Put 1-2 cap fills in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms.
    16 Pour a little into your Foot Saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
    17 It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most nonporous surfaces.
    18 Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
    19 Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice!!!!! Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet, lice will be gone! Of course shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out, but the lice were gone and stayed gone!
    20 It kills ants instantly.
    21 Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain it’s elasticity
    22 Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries…. Use a dime-sized dab of SSS and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
    23 Use bath oil towelettes — cover window sill with towelettes to keep ants out.
    24 (LICE) Sometimes, using a bath oil, like Avon’s SSS, will work to loosen the glue, which holds the nits to the hair. There is a product called Neon Nits, which when sprayed on the hair, will highlight the nits so you can see them to then snip them out with a small scissors.
    25 If you have psoriasis on your elbows, an internist recommended trying Avon’s SSS bath oil spray. After using SSS, it eliminated the psoriasis on my elbows.

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads
    up. The words in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie.

I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to
    let you know. The design and style look great though!
    Hope you get the issue solved soon. Cheers

30. Andrea Cotten says

I recently had an allergic reaction to something in our home. What I like to do was put one cup baking soda and 2 cups of Vaseline bath beads (for the oil). Soak while I read my book then cleanse with Yardley’s lavender all natural body bar (Walmart and walgreens 97 cents) . Following it up with Aveeno Calming Lavender Chamomile lotion. :) Works like a charm

im also allergic to oatmeal.if I cant eat it,ishoudnt bhe in it,rite?so my question is,”can I touch it and breahe in the moisture frm boiling,pasta?you know,glutin.the itch is so intense,that scratching doesn’t satisfy any relief,and then I get trets,unvoluteer lashing out obseitys!LOL

32. Chari says

I am glad I found this page, so many tips that I can do for my son who’s got terrible itching!!!
    Thank you all, I will try each one till it works for my son. He’s 8 and his skin is already turning black from all the scratching he does all day.. :((

33. jody hann says

I started with the itching that I am going through back in October of 2010 and it hasn’t stopped since. I dig myself all the time from head to toe. I can’t take it anymore. It’s so bad that I take anywhere from 2 – 3 Benadryl a day and I’m tired of taking them. I haven’t got the insurance nor do I have the money to see a doctor. Do you have any idea’s of what I could do to stop the itching for good. It started in the groin area and I went to the hospital and they told me it was jock itch and to use some ointment. since then it has spread from head to toe. Please help me. Thank you, Jody

34. Pritesh Chavan says

i am a 15 yrs old tennage boy i skin is becoming more and more dryer blackspots are coming and causing a very great itching. i used some of the remedy but it does not work plz PLZ PLZ help.. comment plz