A Natural Alternative To Prescription Medication for A.D.H.D.

natural ADHD relief

As many of you know, I am a big fan of Essential Oils. I am by no means an expert on them, but I love using them in homemade cleaning products, health and beauty products and even take them internally for different health conditions.

Today, however, I’m talking about something I don’t have any PERSONAL knowledge of, but something I feel strongly needs to be shared for those parents and kids who are suffering from ADHD, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

This is a story about my 7 year old nephew Jeddy. He is my sister Dori’s (RichesToRagsByDori.com) youngest child, and he was diagnosed with severe ADHD when he started school one year ago.

jeddy

As you can see from these pictures he is a happy, fun-loving kid. What you CAN’T see in these pictures is the “heart of gold” he possesses and the “demons” he faces everyday because ADHD makes life incredibly difficult for a kid.

When Jeddy started first grade, Dori received a call from the school principal. They actually made him and Dori sign a legal discipline code document because he was so disruptive in class. Think about how devastating that would be to a little boy who suddenly found himself in a classroom all day and didn’t know how to control his boundless energy!

The school authorities also informed Dori at the time that they needed to see a doctor and get Jeddy on medication right away.

adderall

Psychostimulants (also known as stimulants) are the most commonly used ADHD drugs. These drugs include:

Amphetamine-dextroamphetamine (Adderall)
Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)
Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dextrostat)
Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)
Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Metadate, Daytrana)

Some ADHD medicines have been linked to rare sudden death in children with heart problems. Side effects can include stunted growth in young people, sweating or shaking, and occasionally a psychosis can occur.

blending oils

Dori is also a big believer in Essential Oils and decided there had to be a better way. She began researching and eventually came up with her own blend of essential oils to help Jeddy cope with his ADHD symptoms.

She started applying it to his feet in the morning before school. After just one day Jeddy was ASKING for “that oil” because it made him feel so much better at school.

After a week of using the blend, at a scheduled Parent-Teacher conference, Jed’s teacher told them that he was an entirely different kid in class.

As a Mom, I can only imagine the relief and joy both Jeddy and his parents felt at hearing this.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? If you are the parent of a child suffering from ADHD, or know of anyone else who is, this might be an option you haven’t considered before.

Today Dori is sharing an offer to buy a pre-made bottle of the blend to sample.

jeddys blend

Because this is an all-natural treatment, Dori was given permission to send the blend with Jed to school everyday, in case he needed it. But so far, a morning and after school application have been sufficient.

roller bottles

The following sizes are available to order:

1/3 oz. glass roller bottle – $58
1/6 oz. glass roller bottle – $28

{price includes shipping within the US – additional charge outside of US}

Please send an email to richestoragsbydori@gmail.com with any questions that you may have about Jeddy’s Blend and how to order.

Dori can accept payment through PayPal to richestoragsbydori@gmail.com. Please note this is a non-refundable limited offer! (I have not been paid anything for this post, nor will I make anything off the sale of these sample blends.)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I want to say one final thing about essential oils in general before I conclude this post. I feel like I’m in a love/hate relationship! I LOVE what they can do….I HATE how much they cost! Even more than that, I HATE that there are people out there that want/need them and can’t afford them.

I just want you to know that I am well aware of this and consider it a personal mission to somehow find an answer to this dilemma.

Essential oils

Share on Facebook645Tweet about this on Twitter10Pin on Pinterest5,900Google+1

Comments

1. lisa morton says

I just love all the recipes and homemade solutions. I have an adhd child. anxious to try this natural cure for adhd. I live in Muncie ind. where in my area can I find essential oils?

2. Calliope says

Just a reminder: these kind of medications in Europe are not prescribed in children. And attention disorders don’t even have a name. Just sayin’…
    Our societies aren’t that different, so you may have to search for the root of the problem somewhere else like food (too much boxed maybe?), activities (too many for a small child to handle?), family issues etc
    I am a teacher in a school for children w special needs and almost all children receive some kind of medication but in “normal” schools it is unthinkable for a teacher, principal or school to push a family or child into receiving medication of this sort. Usually the child and any other children in the school, or area of the same hyperactivity are taught with different methods in different classrooms until the “problem” subsides.
    I’d say to follow your maternal insticts, inform yourself and don’t give in to external pressures. I hope everything turns out well for your family and sweet kid!

3. Amy says

I found this so interesting but I was wondering what the effects would be on a child that hasn’t been diagnosed and who doesn’t have ADD/ADHD but just a lot of energy and trouble staying focused on tasks….I’ve talked with his pediatrician and teacher and neither think he should be diagnosed. Do you think it would just have a calming affect? My son is 7 and in 2nd grade and he does well academically, for the most part. His teacher’s only concern(if you can call it that) is the he has trouble settling down and finishing tasks….He is not at all disruptive. Thanks so much for the article and info!!!

4. Zoquara says

Lisa, you can get these particular oils and blends from DOterra’s website, OR from Amazon.com. I think the price I actually got for all 6 products was just under $190. I can’t afford them myself, but my step-mom is ordering them for me. My son is ADHD/ODD, and he’s in a growth spurt right now, so his medication needs are changing, and the last week with him has been a roller coaster. The other day, he went from being happy and lovey to throwing the worst fit he has ever thrown and running away in WalMart. Most of this past week, I’ve kept him home from school because he hasn’t been in a good place as far as his moods go. I’ve never been happy about having him on medication, so I am looking forward to trying this on him.

I’m also wondering, though, if there’s anything like this (or if this will) that will help him sleep at night. In addition to the other issues, he’s also on medication to sleep at night (chlonidine and melatonin). I don’t mind the melatonin, but the chlonidine bothers me, since its other usage is also as a heart medication.

Thank you so much for sharing this information and the recipe for this blend of oils. My daughter has ADD without the hyperactivity and was diagnosed when she was five. She was on medication for a couple of years but she stopped putting on weight and suffered stomach complaints. She struggled through school and as a young adult still finds it very difficult to manage in many ways. I’m considering making up some of this blend for her to see if it makes a difference.
    Once again thanks to you and your sister.
    Anne

6. Carol says

This post made me cry. So happy for Jeddy and his family but if this changes, God forbid, please consider homeschool.