Honey Lemon Greek Yogurt! Creamy or Frozen…You Decide! {Free Printable}

honey lemon yogurt

Honey, Lemon, Yogurt….three of my absolute FAVORITE things! I have blogged individually about all three to great extent in the past….but today I’m going to share one way I COMBINE them that is SO easy and delicious it ought to be illegal. :-) Add to that the fact that you can also FREEZE this treat and I am definitely in HEAVEN! (See more of My Frozen Treat Obsession HERE.)

The idea for this post is a combination of ideas my sister Rebecca (CampWander.com) and I came up with. After she read about my Frozen Yogurt Dots, she decided to try them with her favorite Honey Greek Yogurt and then got the bright idea to add Lemon Essential Oil to it! Yes, you can take Lemon EO internally if you are using 100% pure essential oils.

lemon essential oil

Spark Naturals essential oils are Certified Pure PharmaGrade -(CPPharmaGrade™) and are the highest purity and quality available.

In fact, I take 3 capsules with a combination of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils everyday to help control my stress hives. (See more in this post:  Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint – The Natural Antihistamine.)

How To Make Honey Lemon Greek Yogurt With Lemon Essential Oil

The first thing you need to do is, buy or make (view my tutorial for making your own Greek Yogurt HERE) your favorite Greek Yogurt. My favorite Greek yogurt happens to be HONEY…so no sweetening required.

Next, add 3 to 4 drops of Lemon EO per 1 cup of yogurt, mix well, and EAT!  That’s all there is to it!!

(FYI: Store EO-infused yogurt in a glass or stainless steel container because pure essential oils will leach petro chemicals from a plastic carton.)

If you’re feeling adventurous and want to experience a truly delightful and healthy frozen treat…KEEP READING!!!

honey lemon yogurt

To make your lemon-infused greek yogurt into Frozen Yogurt DOTS….spoon approximately 1 cup into a sandwich bag…..

honey lemon yogurt

…..snip a tiny piece off one of the corners and little “dots” onto a silicone mat or foil-covered cookie sheet.

honey lemon yogurt

honey lemon yogurt

Freeze the dots for 1-2 hours, or until yogurt hardens. Eat with abandon!

Kids LOVE these because they think they are eating DESSERT….parents LOVE these because they know they are eating something HEALTHY!  That’s what you call a win-win in the kitchen!

So what did you decide? Creamy???  Frozen??? For ME, it’s an impossible choice! One I’m glad I don’t have to make!  I just eat it BOTH ways. :-)

honey lemon yogurt

Some other delicious ways to enjoy this in it’s creamy form is as a fresh fruit dip, a topping for pound cake with fruit, and it’s GREAT in a smoothie!

It’s actually quite incredible how VERSATILE this hard-working essential oil is! (That’s why it’s one of my FAVORITES!)

There are literally HUNDREDS (maybe THOUSANDS!) of uses for it! I thought that fact deserved a salute of some sort….so I made up a special PRINTABLE LIST of some of my favorite ways to use Lemon essential oil. I hope you enjoy! :-)

>>>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE FILE<<<<

25 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil

lemons

If you would like to try some of the many, MANY uses of Lemon Essential Oil for yourself, Spark Naturals is offering a FREE 5 ml bottle of Lemon essential oil with a $25 purchase (not including shipping). LIMITED TIME OFFER.

Be sure and use the coupon code JILLEE at checkout for an additional 10% off!

Share on Facebook17Tweet about this on Twitter6Pin on Pinterest9413Google+0

Comments

1. Janet T says

Jillee: If starting with plain unflavoured Greek yogurt (the kind I buy in London), how much honey do I add per cup of yogurt? The idea sounds irresistible and I can’t wait to try it, just have to buy the lemon EO. Thanks for this, sounds OK even for a diabetic like me.

2. Candy says

LOVE the print out! I just got my new Sparks lemon oil, so you have perfect timing! Thanks so much for what you do!!!! I’ve learned tons from you. What a blessing you are in thousands of people’s lives!!!!!!

3. Leilah says

Funny story- I opened my email this morning and saw “Honey Lemon Greek Yogurt” and immediately thought “Oooh! A new face mask to try!!”… Then I read “Creamy or Frozen” and realized that this was not a new face mask but a tasty (and versatile) snack! The more I think about it though, this would make a great face mask…
    Like you said, Jillee, it’s a win-win!!

4. KimberlyJ says

Just placed my first order with Spark and first ever EO order. This will be a learning experience but I’m looking forward to it.

Sorry Jillee, I replied to Rebecca above but we crossed paths, your post came up after I hit enter. I wasn’t trying to contradict you.

5. CTY says

Such a great post! I will try this ASAP. Thinking I’ll run it through the ice cream maker and make it a soft serve–add a couple of ‘Nilla wafers and its dessert. Love the printable too!

Like Janet T, I’m wondering if anyone can give a honey to yogurt ratio starting point.

6. Jill says

Was really disappointed that you deleted my daughter’s post earlier today, when she wrote about all of the ads slowing down your blog, and the frequent advertising and affiliate posts on your blog. She put a lot of time and thought into her post, I didn’t think she was rude or disrespectful in any way, only expressing her honest disappointment with the direction your blog has taken lately, so I was surprised to see you deleted it. :( I’ve been a long-time fan of your blog, and so was she, but she’s pretty disheartened about it now.

HI Jillee
    You are amazing – i look forward to reading your information – in fact I am using your recipe for detergent – apart from the fact that I cant buy fels aptha (i think you spell it like that) soap over her in the UK – so I have searched for Laundry soap to use – anyway the laundry smells lovely and I am trying you softener – any way I am going off track now – can you consume all essential oils??? or is it only the lemon one please – keep up the good work and cant wait for your next tutorial……………xx

8. CJ says

Jillee – I know this sounds like a really stupid question – but does Lavender eo smell like lavender? The reason I ask is I bought some from a reputable company and it smells medicinal not sweet like lavender. Thanks

• Gail says

I have used a lot of EOs over the years and at first, wondered the same thing. The oils just didn’t smell the way I expected. I asked about it and the store people told me it is because the oils are so concentrated. Once they are put into your recipe, they will smell/taste like they should.