These Are A Few Of My Favorite Cleaners!

homemade Shout

The other day my HUSBAND, of all people, commented on something I was doing “differently” with the laundry. After I recovered from the shock enough to be able to speak…..I realized that if HE had noticed and thought it was a good idea….maybe some of YOU would as well.

It’s not a big thing, but the best ideas usually aren’t. And after all, that’s how this blog was started…as a place where I could share ONE GOOD THING a day. ┬áDidn’t have to be big, didn’t have to be small…just had to be GOOD.

So today I present this good idea #966 (yep, you heard right!) and just to make it a GOODER idea (don’t worry, I know gooder is not a word…but I wish it were!) I’m throwing in a few more of my favorite cleaning recipes in FREE PRINTABLE form.

So here’s the thing that my husband actually commented on with regards to the laundry.

I still use the original Homemade “Shout” Stain Remover that I posted on the blog over two years ago. It works so well I’ve never felt the need to go looking for another recipe. Back in April of last year I posted about a different “application” method I’d started using. But a few weeks ago I made another small tweak to how I go about treating the stained clothes in this house, and the results have been pretty terrific.

homemade shout

Case in point:

My husband sweetly offered me a taste of the hot chocolate he had just made. As he offered me a spoonful, a fair amount of it ended up on my white sweater. (To be honest, it was most likely MY fault. I am notorious for shirt spills!)

homemade shout

Later when I went to wash the sweater I decided that while the chocolate stain definitely required an application of my homemade stain remover, it might need a little extra help as well. This called for the “toothbrush treatment.”

homemade shout

I have a designated laundry toothbrush for situations like this. My squirt bottle happened to be empty, but I still had my large mason jar full of homemade “Shout” in the cupboard so I just dipped and scrubbed. Worked so well it quickly became my new application method. It eliminates the need for the squirt bottle and I end up using less overall.

homemade shout

I told you it wasn’t “big”….but it eliminates a step when doing the laundry and when you think about how often you DO laundry….it adds up! :-)

In case you haven’t tried the homemade “Shout” stain remover yet, I urge you to give it a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

As an added incentive I’ve even made a FREE PRINTABLE for you to download that has this recipe and 3 more of my favorite homemade cleaners!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

homemade shout

I’m getting ready to make up a new batch of Tub & Shower Soap Scum Buster right now!

Share on Facebook79Tweet about this on Twitter5Pin on Pinterest3,643Google+8

Comments

1. Meghan says

I really love all your homemade cleaners and am so excited to replace mine! I’m just worried that I go through bottles so seldom, they won’t last as long as all the commercial stuff I’m used to (those good ol’ chemicals). Basing this on beauty stuff I’ve made too. How long do imagine the shelf life for these are?

2. Vicki says

Test garment for colorfastness.–I have two light spots on the front of my favorite sweatshirt! I’ve used the homemade Shout for about six months with no problems, but it seems like if there’s going to be a problem, it will always involve a favorite garment!

Vicki,
    I use the “armpit cleaner” (from a different post of Jillee’s) and it lightened some areas on my pillow case. Thankfully no one cares about my pillow case. ;) I agree, spot check. I haven’t had an issue with anything else though, so I’m a happy camper.

4. Linda Elandt says

Love the cleaners. The window cleaner is the best. I use it for my houscleaning jobs. In my own home vinegar is essential.

5. Pam says

I use the tub and shower soap scum buster and it is the BEST! We have extremely hard water and nothing I tried in the past has worked — and I have tried everything. About 6-8 months ago, I tried Jillee’s recipe and will never use anything else again. After leaving it on the shower walls to soak, the stuff just comes off. Finally, something that works! Thank you!

6. Connie Smith says

What is the purpose of microwaving the vinegar when making the tub and shower soap scum buster? I certainly wouldn’t use the recipe all up when cleaning and do I have to heat it up before every use?

7. Rachel says

Microwaving the vinegar before you add it to the Dawn helps incorporate it better. This is just for the first time you mix them. You do not have to heat it up every time you use it.

8. Shannon says

Thanks for this post and the printable!

I have to admit I am probably the WORST at doing laundry! I usually just shove the clothes into the washer…..no spot treatment. Actually, it is rare that I even sort them, or check the pockets. I know….this is terrible.

My goal this year is to get better at doing the laundry, to help stretch the life of our clothes.

THANK YOU!

9. Carole Lee says

I have new double pane windows and the directions for cleaning say not to use ammonia on the windows. I have also noticed that store bought glass cleaners are saying “Ammonia Free”

Love your website. Thank you