***Updated from earlier! The moral of this story: blogging when you’re in a hurry is a hazard! My apologies!***
Here is a fabric-refreshing spray that will come in handy if you would like to try a homemade alternative, or if you are traveling and your clothes could use some freshening up!
This fabric refreshing spray gives you the power to get your clothes and many other fabrics in your home smelling fresh and clean without having to run them through the wash!
Homemade Fabric Refresher
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup distilled water
- ¼ cup liquid fabric softener (homemade or store-bought, either works!)
Pour all the ingredients into a spray bottle and shake lightly to combine.
Spray fabrics using a sweeping motion, and allow to dry completely before using or wearing.
Ways to use your homemade fabric refresher around the house:
- Refresh your couches and sofas (especially where your pets like to sit!)
- Spray that pile of laundry you SWEAR you’ll get to tomorrow! ;-)
- Use in your car to freshen things up if you’ve got fabric upholstery.
- Spray down your sleeping bags before you pack them up for a camping trip. No more musty storage smell!
- Spray it on your mattress when you’re changing your sheets.
- Use it on smelly shoes (just make sure to let them dry completely before wearing them again!)
- Use it to freshen up clothes you wore around a campfire or near a barbecue grill.
- Spray it in gym bags and on sports gear.
Now you are armed and ready to
go forth and REFRESH!!