When it comes to cleaning the house, everyone is looking to save some time. Whether you shave a few minutes off of your daily routine, or you save your self the hassle of that chore altogether; this list of 10 handy household shortcuts just might be a life-saver!
- Make a spray with one cup of water and 1 Tablespoon of dish washing liquid (store-bought or homemade). Spray your dishes as you place them in the sink, and by the time you get to washing them, the gunk will come right off!
- Make it easier to find everything you need on your way out the door with a shoe organizer. There’s space for your wallet, keys, gloves, umbrella, and everything you need! Just hang the shoe organizer on the inside of a coat closet, and everything will stay organized, but out-of-sight!
- Let your cleaners do the work for you! Spray on your cleaners and leave them to sit for at least a few minutes. The cleaners will cut through grease and dirt on their own, allowing you to quickly wipe up messes without any scrubbing!
- Try out the “light wash” cycle on your dishwasher and washing machine. It might work just as well in a lot less time. Plus, you’ll save some water!
- Keep all your tools and cleaners for one job in a basket. When it’s time to do the dishes, just grab the whole basket, and then put it away when you’re done. You’ll have everything you need and nothing stays out on counter!
- When tidying up, grab a basket and set a short timer – 5 minutes or so. You’ll be amazed at how much you can get done when you race the clock!
- Line the drawers in your fridge with a sheet of wax paper. Spills and messes will just drip onto the wax paper, which you can replace as often as you need to!
- Next time you need to clean your blender, just fill it with a little bit of water and a few drops of soap. Pulse the blender clean, and the soap will get under and around the blades – so easy!
- Get in the habit of leaving your shoes at the door. You can clean the floors much less often if you don’t track as much dirt into the house in the first place!
- If you need to wash a load of laundry, but won’t be able to move it into the dryer immediately, add a drop or two of lavender essential oil to the wash. The lavender oil is antifungal, so it will keep your clothes smelling clean and fresh! The oil could stain delicate fabrics, so drop the oil onto a sock or rag, and then add that to the load.
How do you save time when cleaning the house?