Social media is not just for being “social” anymore. In addition to connecting with family and friends….you can also save a good amount of your hard-earned cash if you know where to look. Thanks to the boom in social media sites devoted to sharing deals….saving money is just a tap, click, or swipe away!
Here are some of our favorite ways to save money on social!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- The Facebook pages of Krazy Coupon Lady and Coupon Divas both share tons of great deals all the time! Plus, since they share a lot of different kinds of deals, you don’t have to follow a ton of brand accounts to be in the know about special deals.
- With all the changes to the Facebook and Instagram algorithms, it can now take a long time for you to see a certain post, and if that post was about a special sale, it may already have ended by the time you hear about it! You can avoid this by turning on notifications for each Instagram account you follow that posts time-sensitive deals. As for Facebook, you can now select “See First” on pages you follow, so that their posts show up higher in your feed.
- Check out the social media accounts of small businesses in your area. Small businesses utilize social media heavily to advertise sales and deals, and a lot of them occasionally post exclusive deals for their social media followers!
- Get on the email lists of your favorite stores and brands. Many places regularly send out special deals or coupons to their email subscribers.
- Look for and download store and brand apps. I’m loving the Target Cartwheel app! I also got a free Chik-fil-A sandwich the other day just for downloading the app.
- YouTube is a great resource for learning how to do just about anything. You can learn how to make budget-friendly meals, or snag some great money-saving tips.
- Use Twitter and Facebook to connect with your favorite stores and brands. It’s an easy and accessible way to ask questions, complain, or give compliments!
- Using Deals to Meals is a great way to save money on your groceries without couponing. I’ve used it before, and I highly recommend giving it a try!
- Small businesses often send out deals and coupons to their SMS messaging lists. I’m subscribed to receive text messages from a local car wash, and they send out texts for a free car wash all the time!
- Check out websites that curate deals and sales. Some of my favorites are Deals of America, Mint Arrow, The Melea Show, and Brad’s Deals.