I love a good handbag, so I’m always keeping my eyes peeled for cute bags with practical features (and seeking recommendations from anyone willing to share them!) Lately, I’ve been on a quest to find the best purse for every occasion, so I reached out to my most reliable source: my readers!
After the great response I got after posting on my Facebook page asking for recommendations for comfortable shoes (which turned into a very useful blog post about the most comfortable shoes), I thought I’d return to Facebook to ask about the best purses. Yet again, I received excellent input, and that led to the creation of this post!
In addition to highlighting the brands many readers mentioned by name, the list below also includes handbags that I picked based on features that readers identified as being useful or desirable in a purse. Each of the bags I personally selected has an average rating of over 4.5 stars, so you’re sure to find a new favorite!
Learn my hack for keeping purses organized and looking their best by watching the video at the end of this post!
9 Of The Best Purses And Bags, According To OGT Readers
1. The Practical Travel Bag – Travelon Women’s Anti-Theft Classic Messenger Bag
If you’re looking for a bag that’s practical, functional, and durable, this bag is a great option! It’s a favorite for travel because of its thoughtfully designed compartments and security features. Here’s what one reader had to say about it:
- “This is the perfect bag! I purchased this for a trip, but just continued using it once I got home. There’s a convenient pouch for your credit cards, a water bottle pouch that zips away when not in use, and the main compartment is very roomy. It also has quite a few safety features, like a slash-resistant strap, RFID-blocking technology around the credit cards, and tiny clips that lock each compartment. I love it!” – Brittany
2. The Little Bag – Roulens Small Crossbody Shoulder Bag
This small bag is perfect for times when you only need your phone, a couple of credit cards, and lipgloss. It keeps things simple, while still keeping your hands free!
3. The Clutch – HOXIS Minimalist Evening Envelope Clutch
This simple clutch would be perfect to carry on a night out. It has a cute chain strap that you can use to turn it into a crossbody bag too!
4. The Bag Set – LOVEVOOK 3-Piece Purse Set
Why have just one purse when you can have three? This set includes a large tote, a medium-sized crossbody bag, and a smaller clutch. Use one at a time, or mix and match depending on what you need!
5. The Pockets Bag – Alyssa Triple Zip Crossbody Bag
This bag is perfect for anyone who prioritizes pockets. It has three zip compartments so you’ll have a place for everything! It also comes in 21 different colors, so you can have a bag to match every outfit.
6. The Backpack – B&E LIFE Faux Leather Backpack
Some people prefer a backpack-style bag like this cute, PU leather option. It’s not as large or capacious as a school backpack, so it’s much more convenient to carry around. It will keep your hands free without getting in the way.
7. The Hobo Bag – Realer Hobo Bag
This is a cute option for those who like roomy, slouchy hobo bags. You can pack all your stuff into it with room to spare! And thanks to the removable strap, you can use it as a shoulder bag or a crossbody bag.
8. The Tote Bag – ECOSUSI Laptop Tote
I’ve become more of a fan of totes in the past few years. (As long as they’re not TOO big because that just leads to me carrying around more stuff than I need.) This one accommodates a 15″ laptop, is sturdy and structured enough to stand up on its own, and has a classic appearance that would look great on your arm in any setting.
9. The High-End Favorite – Dooney & Bourke Bags
If you’re willing to splurge on an expensive but well-crafted purse, you can’t go wrong with Dooney & Bourke. These bags come in a variety of sizes, styles, and prices, and the brand was the most frequently mentioned by far in the responses to my query on Facebook. Here’s a few snippets from D&B fans…
- “My big old Dooney bag. I’ve carried it for the better part of five years and will until the strap falls off. Then I’m getting the strap fixed and carrying it until the bottom falls out. Then I’m giving it a good Christian burial in the yard because it is the best bag ever!!!” – Erin
- “Dooney & Bourke. Cost me $400 but lasted 10 years without even so much as a scuff.” – Lacey
- “Definitely Dooney & Bourke!!! I love all of mine!!!” – Mary
BONUS: The Bag Organizer – OMYSTYLE Purse Organizer
This isn’t technically a purse, but every purse enthusiast should have one! Purse organizers are essential for those who switch between bags often. This felt organizer comes in 5 different sizes and over a dozen different colors, and has plenty of pockets to keep your stuff organized.
What’s your go-to purse or bag?