You can never have too many recipes for delicious, fast, freezer-friendly meals! This recipe for Cafe Rio-style shredded chicken is one of my family’s very favorites (if you’re lucky enough to have one of their restaurants near you, you’ll know why!) I love it because it only takes a few minutes to get everything in the crock pot, and I have a tasty dinner ready-to-go. Great for parties too!
Copycat Cafe Rio Shredded Chicken
From Life As A Lofthouse
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup zesty italian dressing*
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix* (mixed with 1/2 cup of water)
- 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
Simply place all of the ingredients in your crock pot.
Give everything a quick stir – just so that the seasoning doesn’t stick to one piece of chicken.
Now cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. When the chicken is cooked, it will be juicy, flavorful, and it will shred easily with a fork.
You can serve the chicken in salads, burritos, tostadas – or my personal favorite – tacos! You can also double or triple the recipe to make extras for freezing. Then simply thaw and reheat for a super fast meal.
Click here to get the recipes for creamy tomatillo dressing, “Cafe Rio” sweet pork, cilantro-lime rice, and more!
What’s your favorite crock pot dinner?
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup zesty italian dressing
- ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. ground cumin
- Place all of the ingredients in a crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Shred and serve on salads, in burritos, tacos, tostadas...