Years ago, when my kidlets were all in grade-school, it was hard to imagine life being any more hectic, busy, and stressful. But now, everyone has their own friends, jobs, schools, hobbies, and schedules that make it almost impossible to get any real quality time together. We love going out to the movies, or going to Utah Jazz or BYU Football games, but those demand a good amount of our day, and can end up being quite pricey to take the whole family.
So when I heard about ‘5 Minute Delivery’ (www.FiveMinuteDelivery.com), a game now being crowd-funded by some family friends of ours, I was intrigued! Our family has a blast playing games together and ‘5 Minute Delivery’ is our favorite kind to play…fast, easy, and quick!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
The game play centers around a town of Goblin mail deliverers which really appeals to the kids. The artwork is fun and engaging and the game never gets boring!
We were sent a copy of ‘5 Minute Delivery’ and asked to give it a try. It didn’t take long before we were all obsessed and locked in our typical all-out battle to WIN! :-)
Some of our favorite things about the game are:
- It’s fast! Like the name implies. Never a dull moment!
- It’s not complicated, or overly technical. Even the younger ones can pick up on it easily!
- You don’t have to wait to take your turn. (Which works well for our impatient family!) Everyone plays at the same time so there’s no chance to get bored waiting for your next turn.
- It’s really fun and engaging! It has a great storyline, fun images (all PG-rated) and hilarious MP3s to go with it.
- It’s an inexpensive way (less than the cost of taking the family to a movie and can be used over and over) to spend time with loved ones.
- It’s fun for ALL ages…even my adult children got into it! A little healthy competition amongst family members never hurt anyone, right? :-)
The game is currently in the crowd-funding phase (learn more at www.FiveMinuteDelivery.com) and donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. But donations of $36 or more will also get you a copy of the game. The donation period ends THIS Friday – so don’t delay!
I agreed to share about this game, not only because I think it’s great, but because I believe that families of all kinds need more quality time together. Technological advancements, while beneficial, tend to separate us from each other, even when we’re in the same room.
My “One Good Thing” today is spending quality time together with loved ones. Time that is not hijacked by screens, or passively experienced. Family game night (with FUN games to play) helps to promote togetherness, and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Remember….the family that plays together, stays together!
For your entertainment (and mine!) the creators of ‘5 Minute Delivery’ decided to turn me into a GOBLIN! (see below)
How cool is that? Her name is Jilloo (goblin-speak for Jillee!) I think the green skin and big ears become me! Don’t you agree? :-)
For more information on how to get involved in funding this fun family game (and how it came to be)….go to: www.FiveMinuteDelivery.com