Wow! September is half-way GONE today! How did THAT happen??? I know people tend to get all worked up when we “rush” the holidays…but lately my mind has been wandering (which usually precedes “obsessing about” for me) to thoughts of the holidays coming up. More specifically….gift-giving.
I just LOVE making fun, useful gifts for people for Christmas! Family, friends, neighbors…it’s so satisfying to give something that you put more time, effort and LOVE into….than money. Don’t you agree? Nod your heads and say, “Yes Jillee!” ;-)
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Soooo, with my mind in pre-holiday mode…everytime I run across something that I think would make a cute AND SIMPLE (that’s mandatory) homemade gift for someone…I get a little giddy. Which is how I felt when I saw these fabric-covered makeup brushes! Thanks to Lemon Jitters for the inspiration!
Not only are these a cute gift idea (throw in a makeup bag and you’re golden!) they are fun to make! You get to use MOD PODGE! Enough said!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Makeup brush(es)
- Scraps of fabric (or I suppose paper would work as well, but I didn’t try it)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Cut out a piece of fabric big enough to cover the handle.
- Paint the handle of the brush with Mod Podge.
- Wrap the fabric around handle
- Cut small square of matching fabric to cover the end of the handle and adhere with Mod Podge
- Cut a small strip of matching or coordinating fabric to wrap around the piece of fabric you just added. Apply more Mod Podge. These last two steps I actually ended up using my fingers more than the brush to apply the Mod Podge. I found it easier to get the fabric to conform to the handle that way.
- Let dry at LEAST overnight.
Mod Podge is amazing stuff! It took these homely Costco makeup brushes from frumpy to fabulous!
Now if I can only bring myself to actually give them away as a gift! :-)