Hey there, it’s Allison Czarnecki from Petit Elefant. I’m so excited to share one of my favorite DIY beauty secrets with you today on such a cool blog, one already jam-packed with amazing DIY tutorials for everything you need in your life. But here’s my question for you today: do you have a good recipe for a DIY lip scrub? Even if you do, settle down, you’ll want to read to the end of this post to get the nitty gritty on my personal secret recipe for smooth, kissable lips. The kind of lips you can feel good about when it’s time to put on some red lipstick, because we all know it’s a cardinal sin to have dry, chapped, peeling lips underneath a gorgeous coat of red lipstick.
Shameful, in epic proportions.
Not to worry, this recipe is quick and easy, and totally delicious should you choose to lick some while you’re exfoliating (hint: you will want to lick some, it’s tasty).
Homemade Lip Scrub Recipe:
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
Instructions to make the lip scrub:
- Using a tiny little dish from your kitchen mix the sugar and honey together until combined. Add lime juice and mix until it the scrub has reached a semi-runny consistency.
- Use a spoon, a small paintbrush, or your fingers to cover your lips in the scrub; gently rub it all over. Repeat as needed until lips are completely smooth and buttery. The sugar acts as the exfoliant, the lime rejuvenates the skin, and the honey is a natural anti-bacterial and cleanser. Boom.
- When you’re all done exfoliating, apply a coat of your favorite go-to lip-gloss or chap-stick and bask in your beauty. You’re amazing. Pretty too. Have you lost weight? There’s something extra sparkly about you right now.
It’s time to take those gorgeous smackers for a test drive, go find some gorgeous lipstick. You deserve it!