I will admit right here, right now, I am TERRIBLE at drinking enough water! I am always looking for ways to be a better water drinker…but I never actually DO it. I’m really not sure what my block is (other than the fact that I drink WAY too much Diet Coke!)…but I really do struggle with this! So when I heard about Sassy Water…I decided this was made just for me!
Sassy Water is named after Cynthia Sass co-author of the New York Times Bestseller “The Flat Belly Diet”. But even if you’re not following the diet, Sassy Water gives the boring mandate to “drink 8 glasses of water a day” a little bit of zing!
It is also supposed to calm your gastro-intestinal tract, and it makes it easy to tell if you have finished your goal for the day! (I like that part.)
MY LATEST VIDEOS
So as much as it pains me to say this…I am going to try the Sassy Water idea and see how it goes. I am not going to stop drinking Diet Coke…yet. But my theory is that after drinking all this water…Diet Coke won’t have the same appeal. We’ll see how that theory pans out. :-)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pitcher
- 8 1/2 cups water (ideally filtered water)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (to boost metabolism)
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced thin (a natural diuretic, helps the body release stored excess water)
- 1 medium lemon, sliced thin (a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lime works too.)
- 12 leaves spearmint
1. Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher.
2. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Strain water.
4. Drink all 8 1/2 cups during the day.