Frauline Maria loved her “Favorite Things” so much she sang a SONG about them!
You ever get the urge to throw a party just to get together with good friends and family, but don’t really have an “occasion” to celebrate? Well NOW YOU DO!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Throw a “Favorite Things” party! You and your friends/guests get to spend some quality time together (maybe sing a few lines of the famous Julie Andrews song…maybe not) and you end up with some really cool schwag to take home! WIN – WIN!
But here it is in a nutshell:
- Each person at the party brings their favorite thing (anything you like..more on that later!).
- It can’t cost more than $6, and each person brings five of the same thing.
- When you arrive at the party, you write your name on five slips of paper and throw them in a big bowl.
- The bowl is passed around, and each person takes five names (making sure you don’t pick your own….or two of the same name).
- One at a time each person introduces their favorite thing and then reads the five names they picked from the bowl, passing out their gift to those five guests!! (Can’t you just hear the screaming and cheering and crying like on Oprah???)
- After everyone at the party has presented their favorite thing, each person should end up with five gifts to take home!
BONUS: You get to see what your friends “favorite things” are for future gift-giving ideas! :-)
Now doesn’t that just sound like FUN? Great excuse to get together with friends without any real pressure associated with the event. Unless you find giving away your favorite things pressure…then you’ve got other issues maybe we need to talk about. lol! JK…I can’t imagine anyone not liking this!
I decided to do a little brain-storming about what “favorite things” I could present at such a party that are under $6.00. Always being on the look out for deals helps! At our last family Christmas gift exchange I was able to give a golf club driver and 12 new golf balls that I ordered online with free shipping for UNDER the $10 limit! Pretty fun.
Here are just a few ideas I gathered up:
- a favorite recipe nicely printed out along with a sample of the item. Here’s what Brooke at inchmark.foursquare.com did! Love this idea.
- cute earrings from stores like Forever 21
- a pretty container from your favorite container store (Target has some great container-y stuff)
- a bar of your favorite soap wrapped up in a pretty package
- a couple of cute refrigerator magnets (I can never have enough of those personally!)
- a pretty journal and pen that you can pick up at one of the big office supply chains for cheap.
- a fun, inexpensive kitchen gadget & a delicious goodie you made with it
- a favorite printable quote or saying in an inexpensive dollar store frame…or even just rolled up with a pretty ribbon. LOVE this one!
Hopefully these few ideas will get your creative juices flowing for a really spectacular “Favorite Things” Party of your own!