The World’s Easiest Chicken Taco Soup {To Go With The World’s Easiest Rustic Bread}

Chicken taco soupI promised I would post the Chicken Taco Soup recipe that I took to a party recently that went so well with the Rustic Bread recipe (posted earlier today.)

I’m keeping my promise! :-)

Here is the recipe from Jenny Chase who posted it on the One Good Thing By Jillee Facebook page.

Thank you Jenny!  It has officially reached “family favorite” status at my house! :-)

Chicken taco soupQuick and Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup (or as we like to call it…Chicken Taco Soup)

• 1 (15 oz.) can whole-kernel corn, drained (or 2 C. frozen)
  • 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth (I used chicken boulion)
  • 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I used petite diced)
  • 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt to taste
  • 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cooked and chopped (in a crunch you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or even a 10 oz. can of chuck chicken)

Garnish with:

• Crushed tortilla chips
  • Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese

Pour corn, broth, beans, tomatoes, and chilies into a large saucepan. Add cumin, salt and chicken. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado…whatever strikes your fancy. :-)

How easy is THAT???

Chicken taco soup

Print Friendly
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest3,217Google+1

Comments

1. judy says

I love the photos of each step you have with everything. It makes it funner to read them with pictures……

2. Michelle says

I make the same recipe with the addition of a can of enchilada sauce (red or green) to the ingredient list. Actually had it for dinner tonight. Yum!

3. CTY says

WOW! Aren’t we lucky– 2 posts in one day (just like last week). For a variation that is Italian like–no green chilis or cumin, replace the corn with tortellini & add a little chopped spinach. The canned tomatoes I use are the garlic/bail/oregano flavored. The chicken is optional. I usually cook the tortellini in the broth (til just under done) before I add everything else and finish cooking it.

4. Ann says

Soup similar to this is a favorite at our house. To simplify the simple, I throw it all into the crockpot on low for the day…For cooking the chicken, I cook the chicken in a crockpot either the day before or the evening before making the soup! The chicken shreds nicely after cooking so long!

Looks fabulous! Reminds me of a recipe I tried recently called “8 Can Taco Soup” I’m going to try this one along with the bread real soon!

6. Jennifer E. says

I have a similar recipe that uses a jar of salsa instead of the tomatoes and chilies. I sometimes add a handful of brown rice to it too, which makes it a little heartier.

7. Ramona says

Thanks for posting this. I had everything in my pantry and the cheese in the fridge. It is wonderful to just throw it all in and be done. Great for a Sunday meal.

8. Julie says

What is in the jar in your ingredients picture? I am thinking it might be taco seasoning, but it’s not on the list. The soup looks awesome!

9. Christine B. says

I made this for dinner today and it was wonderful and friendly for my waistline! I will definately make it again!

10. Stacy says

I have been pregnant and very sick – not able to cook much. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was so easy – and everyone loved it. Thank you!!!