The World’s Easiest Chicken Taco Soup {To Go With The World’s Easiest Rustic Bread}

Chicken taco soupI promised I would post the Chicken Taco Soup recipe that I took to a party recently that went so well with the Rustic Bread recipe (posted earlier today.)

I’m keeping my promise! :-)

Here is the recipe from Jenny Chase who posted it on the One Good Thing By Jillee Facebook page.

Thank you Jenny! ¬†It has officially reached “family favorite” status at my house! :-)

Chicken taco soupQuick and Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup (or as we like to call it…Chicken Taco Soup)

• 1 (15 oz.) can whole-kernel corn, drained (or 2 C. frozen)
  • 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth (I used chicken boulion)
  • 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I used petite diced)
  • 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt to taste
  • 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cooked and chopped (in a crunch you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or even a 10 oz. can of chuck chicken)

Garnish with:

• Crushed tortilla chips
  • Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese

Pour corn, broth, beans, tomatoes, and chilies into a large saucepan. Add cumin, salt and chicken. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado…whatever strikes your fancy. :-)

How easy is THAT???

Chicken taco soup

Share on Facebook73Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest3,055Google+1

Comments

1. judy says

I love the photos of each step you have with everything. It makes it funner to read them with pictures……

2. Michelle says

I make the same recipe with the addition of a can of enchilada sauce (red or green) to the ingredient list. Actually had it for dinner tonight. Yum!

3. CTY says

WOW! Aren’t we lucky– 2 posts in one day (just like last week). For a variation that is Italian like–no green chilis or cumin, replace the corn with tortellini & add a little chopped spinach. The canned tomatoes I use are the garlic/bail/oregano flavored. The chicken is optional. I usually cook the tortellini in the broth (til just under done) before I add everything else and finish cooking it.

4. Ann says

Soup similar to this is a favorite at our house. To simplify the simple, I throw it all into the crockpot on low for the day…For cooking the chicken, I cook the chicken in a crockpot either the day before or the evening before making the soup! The chicken shreds nicely after cooking so long!

Looks fabulous! Reminds me of a recipe I tried recently called “8 Can Taco Soup” I’m going to try this one along with the bread real soon!

6. Jennifer E. says

I have a similar recipe that uses a jar of salsa instead of the tomatoes and chilies. I sometimes add a handful of brown rice to it too, which makes it a little heartier.

7. Ramona says

Thanks for posting this. I had everything in my pantry and the cheese in the fridge. It is wonderful to just throw it all in and be done. Great for a Sunday meal.

8. Julie says

What is in the jar in your ingredients picture? I am thinking it might be taco seasoning, but it’s not on the list. The soup looks awesome!

9. Christine B. says

I made this for dinner today and it was wonderful and friendly for my waistline! I will definately make it again!

10. Stacy says

I have been pregnant and very sick – not able to cook much. I found this recipe on Pinterest and it was so easy – and everyone loved it. Thank you!!!