I promised I would post the Chicken Taco Soup recipe that I took to a party recently that went so well with the Rustic Bread recipe (posted earlier today.)
I’m keeping my promise! :-)
Here is the recipe from Jenny Chase who posted it on the One Good Thing By Jillee Facebook page.
Thank you Jenny! It has officially reached “family favorite” status at my house! :-)
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole-kernel corn, drained (or 2 C. frozen)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth (I used chicken boulion)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I used petite diced)
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cooked and chopped (in a crunch you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or even a 10 oz. can of chuck chicken)
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
Pour corn, broth, beans, tomatoes, and chilies into a large saucepan. Add cumin, salt and chicken. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is heated through. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, avocado…whatever strikes your fancy. :-)
How easy is THAT???