Common Kitchen Measurements “Cheat Sheet” {Printable} . . . Just In Time For Holiday Cooking!

kitchen measurements chart

I have been wanting to make something like this to hang up in my kitchen for a long time! I don’t know why…but I can never remember how many teaspoons in a tablespoon and how many tablespoons in a cup, etc.

Yesterday I was working on a cooking post that required me to make several changes to the recipe amounts. I kept having to go to my phone and double-check on the measurements. I became so annoyed by the situation that last night I decided if I was ever going to make it through the holiday cooking and baking season with my insanity intact then I’d better come up with something helpful I could hang in my kitchen.

kitchen measurements chart

So here is the Common Kitchen Measurements “Cheat Sheet” I came up with. It’s not fancy…but it does the job. All you have to do is DOWNLOAD IT HERE and PRINT IT OUT.

Right now I have it taped to the inside of my baking cupboard door, but I think I’ll keep my eye out for a cute frame and hang it up. Then I won’t have to even worry about opening a cupboard door to double-check my measurements.

Hey, anything to make the holidays a little less stressful is ONE GOOD THING to me! :-)

kitchen measurements chart

CLICK HERE FOR A MORE “INK-FRIENDLY” VERSION

Here’s to many wonderful dishes being made and shared this holiday season!  :-)

What are some of your favorite dishes to make for the holidays?

Share on Facebook1,251Tweet about this on Twitter32Pin on Pinterest383,323Google+30

Comments

1. Ruth says

Hi Jillee:

You’re going to want to double-check those metric conversions, because – to the best of my Jamaican knowledge – 1 gallon = 4.546 L. This is a great idea though…

• Diane says

There’s an Empirical gallon and an American gallon. There are 3.8 liters in an American gallon and you are correct with 4.55 liters in an Empirical gallon. I know it’s confusing, but there it is!

2. Deb Vaughn says

Thank you so much!!!!!

I’ve been meaning to do this and have just not taken the time! I’m working on a family cookbook and this will be right in the front (with acknowledgement to you of course!) Plus I’m hanging mine in my cabinet as well. Great info and cute to boot!

3. Terri says

I love this chart, and want to print copies for my daughters and grandchildren, but I can’t afford to—that big solid rectangle uses a LOT of ink! Is there a way I can print it without a large colored area?
    Thanks!

• Kate says

Assuming you have Paint on your computer. You can save her image, open it up in Paint and select the area you want to print. Then Copy, open a New image and then Paste. Voila! If you want to get crazy and try to print two per page the new image needs to be the size of a piece of paper not whatever the default is in the program.

4. Tammie says

Fantastic! I have already reduced it to about 3″x 3″, printed, and laminated it. Once I add a magnet to the back it will have a permant home on my fridge. Thanks Jillee.

• Kellie says

Or you could print on a 4×6 and slide into a magnetic photo frame if laminating isn’t an easy option.

5. Jennifer B says

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Love it!!! Going to laminate it – so cute and so helpful!!

Excellent! thanks for posting this! (I’ve been seeing more an more recipes I want to try with metric units. This will help!)