Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Ultimate Detox Bath

detox bath A couple of nights ago I was really feeling poorly. I was worn out. Physically and mentally.

I KNOW I bring a lot of it on myself. I don’t get enough sleep a lot of the time (OK…most of the time) and I hardly ever give myself any “down” time. But I try to eat healthy and I take vitamins, etc.  I just felt like my body was trying to tell me something….but I didn’t know what.

Then I started reading about how toxins can build up in your body over time and cause a myriad of uncomfortable symptoms. For some reason this struck a chord with me…and I decided to give a DETOXIFICATION BATH a try! I mean it couldn’t HURT, right?  The worst thing that could happen would be I experienced a nice, hot bath and some rare “down” time. :-)

Toxins and chemicals are all around us, from our drinking water, to our health and beauty products, to the materials used to build and furnish our homes! They are unavoidable. There are, of course, certains things we can do to cut back on the amount of toxins in our living environment. Eating organically and using natural cleaning, laundry, and health & beauty products, are just a few!

detox bath

If you are feeling lethargic or sluggish or you are just experiencing “Brain fog”, a Detox Bath is a great way to help your body get rid of toxins and ease some of these symptoms.

Most detox bath recipes I found in researching this topic contained different combinations of the same basic ingredients: Epsom Salt, Baking Soda, and Apple Cider Vinegar. A few others also added Essential Oils and Ginger. But very few contained the “secret ingredient” I’m going to share with you today….Clay!

detox bath

Healing Clay has been used for centuries as a form of natural medicine. Taking a therapeutic clay bath is one of the most effective methods in existence to assist in the elimination of toxic substances which have accumulated in the body. It just so happens that my little town is home to Redmond Clay, who markets an all-natural Utah bentonite clay used by the Fremont indians thousands of years ago. (Note: I will definitely being doing a follow-up post about this amazing clay! Stay tuned.)

detox bath

So here is my ULTIMATE DETOX BATH recipe:

• 2 cups Epsom Salt (or Sea Salt) - draws out toxins from your body while relieving aches and pains
  • 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar - soothes and soften dry, itchy skin while balancing the bodies and neutralizing the bodies pH.
  • 1/2 cup Bentonite Clay  - stimulates the lymphatic system to deeply cleanse the body’s largest breathing organ, the skin.
  • 5-10 drops of your favorite Essential Oil lavender, geranium, sandalwood, and ylang ylang are all known for their detoxifying properties.

Run your bath water as hot as you like. Add your “ingredients” and agitate to dissolve. Soak for 20-40 minutes. Drink a full glass of water when you’re finished.

detox bath

Warning! You will be exhausted after your bath, so do this right before bed. I felt like a wrung-out dish rag afterwards, but in the morning I felt energized, refreshed, and had a whole new outlook on life! :-)

Never miss a good thing!
Receive a daily dose of Jillee + bonus newsletters.

200 thoughts on “The Ultimate Detox Bath

1. Judith

Thanks for this post – I just discovered Redmond’s Real Salt (love it) and have seen their clay products on their website, but I didn’t think I had a use for it until now!

2. Carol

@mason… you shouldn’t smell like vinegar. The smell goes away when you dry. I use vinegar on my hair and when my hair dries you can’t smell it.

I bought some Redmond clay about 2 months ago. I have been wanting to do the bath but haven’t gotten around to it yet. I have been drinking it daily though. I think it helps with acid reflux. I also brush my teeth with it. 4:1 clay:baking soda.
    The Redmond website says to use 1 – 2 cups of clay in your bath and soak 20 – 30 minutes. 40 minutes might be a little too long, especially the first time you do it.

I also read somewhere recently, but can’t think of where off the top of my head, that full baths are better than foot baths and the reasoning behind that is because when you’re in a bath the toxins can go out all over your body but in a foot bath the toxins all have to be drawn down through the legs and out the feet. Some people said they had knee problems or their knees ached some after doing foot baths.

I did do a foot bath and felt it drawing all the way from my throat area. So I haven’t done that again but will try the full bath soon.

Anyway, I think it’s a great natural product and will continue drinking and using it.
    Thanks Jillee for posting about it.

1. CTY

Thanks for the tip about the foot bath–guess I won’t start with that. It makes sense though. I was going to start with that because even regular baths make me sooo tired that I am afraid I’ll fall asleep in the tub. Guess I’ have to set an alarm.

3. Rebecca

One thing about this, though, is the clay starts to sort of “gel” in the bath, and it makes a mess afterward… it isn’t too hard to clean out, but is sort of inconvenient. I use french green clay internally vs. bentonite clay (I have both at home, clays are so awesome!) and on my face. It is more expensive, but I have read that it pulls out more toxins, and even radiation that accumulates over your lifetime. How cool is that. Yes, I eat dirt! :)

1. Pamela

Pulling out radiation is utter nonsense. Not touching the other toxin stuff, radiation is not something that accumulates. Radioactive material can build up, but it also naturally decays (like leaves disappear into dirt) over time. However, just living your life you’re not accumulating radioactive material in your body.

1. Victoria

Please remember to be polite – we are sharing thoughts and ideas and if we do not necessary agree or offer additional comments or helpful information, please do so constructively. It’s always good to do your own research.

1. Janet Hodges

I appreciate Shannon and Ksg’ input. I didn’t know their info. It is hard to believe that clay would pull out radioactivitey and that it won’t clog the drain.

1. Emilia

Um, wothout meaning to offend anyone, the idea of “pulling out” radiation is entirely implausible, sadly. I base this on my knowledge of clays, chemistry and nucleur physics.
              I’m very into natural alternatives but from a scientific point of view rather than some sort of spiritual approach (I’m really just a complete nerd).
              So here’s the thing – we are exposed to 2mSv of radiation a year, +1mSv for an x-ray and some extra with flying due to cosmic radiation.Of the three types of radiation 2 are a particle and one is an em wave (same spectrum as light). Despite the fact radiation can be a particle there are no particles in you in relation to you’re radiation – save situations like a barium trace.
              Due to this, radiation cannot but “pulled out” because it is not that kind of physiscal thing. Rather, a radioactive source is “ionising” as it “steals” electrons from atoms, thus making them ions. To pull out the effect of radiation your own cells or atoms would have to be removed.
              Whilst radiation is “ionising” because it turns atoms to ions, and clays such as the french clays are “ionic” due to their salts, this unrelated in terms of detox.
              Not that clays aren’t brilliant, I love them, as they not olny remove toxins but give you minerals as well and they basically saved by skin, but un-ionising as such, they are not. On the other hand, background radiation is not something to be concerned about unless you are VERY frequent flyer of have had particular nuclear medicine etc. Sorry for the massive post,just thought that might clear things up a bit.

1. Rose

I loved Emilia’s 5.12.13 comment explaining radiation (particles & em waves) removing electrons from cells creating ions! Basically, simplifying explanation of radiation! Emilia, you made my day, I learned something I probably forgot in college chem!

1. Victoria

Please remember to be polite – we are sharing thoughts and ideas and if we do not necessary agree or if we can offer additional comments or helpful information, please do so CONSTRUCTIVELY. It’s always good to do your own research.

4. Stephanie A.

Oh my gosh! I had to go check out the Redmond Clay website and I am definitely getting some of this. I’ll check our Whole Foods here in Colorado first to see pricing, but I’m betting it’s less expensive from their website. I can’t wait to try the clay and your detox bath, Jillee. Thanks for sharing!

5. Carol

@Andrea, that’s one of the reasons I haven’t gotten around to doing the bath but I just checked the Redmond website and according to them you can just rinse it down the drain and it won’t cause problems.

I’ll have to check out the french green clay now too. @Rebecca.. do you have a brand or website for the one you use? Thanks.

6. CTY

Wow–who knew? And to think we used to swim in the clay pits as kids (wonder if it helped counteract the cloud from the mosquito truck). Our town had a truck that sprayed some kind of pesticide to reduce the mosquito populations in NJ (we called the mosquito the NJ state bird). All of us kids would run/bike through the fog like cloud. Hmmm-it explains a lot; and where were our parents? I remember all the neighborhood kids doing it. Anybody else grow up in a neighborhood like that?

1. Margaret

As a child, I lived in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and we had spray trucks all summer. I now live in Northern Ontario (approx.350 miles from James Bay) and the mosquitoes here wear fur coats and they have to fight with a little black flying critter called a black fly. They swarm and I become nostalgic about the spray truck at times. Luckily, I wake up in time to run inside the house.

1. Sis

Long ago we used to go camping down in the Florida Keys and the campground had a similar truck that went around spraying, and all the kids would ride their bikes behind it – wonder how many ended up with cancer or other diseases. Going to take a bath now – hoping to detox that mosquito spray!

2. Linda

I laughed out loud when I read this post!!!! My husband and I were recently telling our children about the “wonderful” time we had riding our bikes behind the mosquito trucks in our neighborhoods growing up too! And like you – we said, “What were our parents thinking?!!?” Was it not bad enough that it was a chemical being sprayed but also a fog that made it hard to see!!! And yes, it does explain so much about us. We told our kids to blame our wackiness on the mosquito truck “dope”!!

3. Larissa

I’m from a reeeally small town in Alabama and we used to bike through the “bug” truck smoke every Wednesday. I’ve often wondered where our parents were when we were making these not so great decisions lol. You know we were all laughing and smiling…really inhaling those chemicals. It’s no wonder I can’t ever remember where I left my keys or my purse. :)

1. Suzanne

We had the trucks here in Oklahoma as well. Haven’ t seen any in about ten years. The kids didnt run behind them at that time though. Bless our parents hearts, in the older days, the information just wasn’t out there that we have know. There was a trust that was broken. Everyone expected thee government to do what was right, best, & honarable for everyone. Too bad the rotten apples spoiled the whole barrel. BUT, YAY for natural health items that have always been there, but forgoten over time…

1. Elyn

I grew up in humid Milwaukee, WI in the 60s and I’ve never heard of a mosquito truck. But I asked my husband about this, since he’s lived all over the place, and he said he remembers the mosquito truck from when he lived in Townsville, Queensland, Australia. This This just blows me away– all those pesticides that you delighted in riding through! Like someone said– WHO KNEW?

4. Barbara

@ CTY: Yes, I grew up in the Houston area (1960′s) and we all would do the same things with our bicycles and ride through the wake of the mosquito truck! I have often wondered about that now…what in the world happened to us as a result? Thanks for sharing…Now I live in Alaska and the mosquitoes here are…BIG!

1. Jessica

I was also curious about how it would effect the septic tank. I’m an art teacher & we use clay in the classroom. My old classroom had a “clay catcher” under the sink so it wouldn’t drain into the plumbing. My new classroom does not. I was told if I’m putting any clay down the sink to make sure while it’s draining, to continuously run the water for a few minutes afterward to ensure it’s all down the drain & doesn’t get stuck in the plumbing. The school doesn’t have a septic tank, so I’m not sure what happens if the clay ends up in it.

2. Jocelyn

Call my dad at Valley Tank Service 435-896-4021 to check on what clay will do to the septic tanks.
        I’m on city sewer, so I am most definitely going to be doing this!!
        Thanks for the info!

7. Shawn

Jillee this sounds amazing and since clay mask are so clarifying for skin, I bet this works.
    I posted a recipe on pinterest that might interest you, cauliflower breadsticks.

1. cindy

for regina P
      try Trader Joe’s Coconut body butter. helps with dry, flaky skin, acts as a barrier for hives and isn’t greasy at all. pleasant smell too. nice subtle coconut but without the “suntan smell” leasves skin nice and silky

2. Jocelyn

One trick I accidentally discovered with my son’s eczema, was Head & Shoulders. He had a build up on his head of dead skin, so I knew that would clear up his scalp, lo and behold, because the suds run down the rest if him, he cleared right up. He hasn’t had a breakout in over a year.
      We tried everything from dermatologist Rx’s to oatmeal baths, to Benadryl and eczema creams. Good luck. Eczema sucks!

8. Landon

This sounds really interesting. I’m going to have to do some local digging to see about what clay may be available. Interestingly, we have several locations where we can go pick up all the kaolin we want after a rain & there are even Koalin mines somewhere here, but I’ve never tried to locate them. I’ve never really thought about the clay in a bath.

1. Jillee

Tara….from my research I found that if you have modern plumbing, and your pipes are in good shape and not clogged, the clay will not stick to the pipes and cause problems. The sandy silt that may or may not be left behind in a clay bath poses no problem.
      As fars as septic systems are concerned…I will have to look into that further.

1. Kellie

You can also buy plain cat litter, no perfumes, no fancy clumping chemistry, and that is actually bentonite clay! I found a 2 lb. bag of the plain cat litter at Dollar Tree. Because it comes in granules, you have to do a little prep work that involves soaking it in water and straining it, there are several tutorials I found through google (I searched how to do a kitty litter mask!). It’s extra work but for buying so much for only $1, I’d say its well worth the extra effort!

9. Natalie

You get the same effect when you out ginger powder in your hot bath too. Just fill your tub and pour in about a 1/2 -1 cup of the ginger powder. But just a warning…… YOU WILL sweat and sweat and sweat, but that is just your body getting rid of all the bad stuff in your body. My mom told me about this when I was a teenager and now I have been doing this once a month for years. Another side effect is a little bit more unpleasant.
    your body gets rid of that suff through your bowels too if you aren’t used to it……….its only for a few hours though. sorry!!!! It really is worth it in the end!!! you will feel so good! The ginger doesn’t affect the septic system and the clean up is so easy! TRY IT!!!!

1. Cheri

Do you just use ginger powder or do you add other things like the epsom salt also? Also where do you buy your ginger powder? Sounds interesting. I don’t want to use anything that might affect our septic system as we had to replace it a few years ago and it is too expensive to ruin.
      Cheri

1. Natalie

I found my ginger powder at our local Winco in the bulk area. But another way you could do it is if you hae a fine grater, you could grate fresh ginger root into your water also. Its a bit messier to clean up and I don’t know if that would affect the septic system though. i would probably just poke around your local grocery store and see what they carry. sorry i couldn’t be more help!

2. Nadine

I felt really crappy when I woke up this morning. ( So I went online and headed to my new favourite page… all good things by Jillee! I am addicted and it’s only been three days!)
      I found this detox bath and although I didn’t have 2/3rds of the ingredients, I have found that if I read the comments, I get good suggestions or alternatives. Natalie’s ginger bath is one of my new favourites.
      I had a bunch of drying out ginger root, so I used my fine rasp and grated it all. It ended up the consistency of the particles that are left behind when my Lush bath bombs melt. Also, ginger is a natural ingredient, so it should break down just fine in my septic system.
      I am not good at soaking for longer than 10 minutes. I managed to stay in the bath for 20. I placed a wringed-out face cloth over my face to help clear my sinuses. I had to lay down for about 30 minutes following this bath, but I feel more energetic than when I woke up. I am ready to tackle my day (and try some more Jillee tips).

1. Kathy

I have used bentonite clay, mixed with psyllium husks, as an intestinal cleanse and as a face mask, as well. Your face feels as smoothe as baby’s skin afterwards.
      I was wanting to know if the “apple cider vinegar” for this bath should be with the “mother” or just the regular (grocery store) kind.
      I’m going to be starting a raw food cleanse soon and this will be great to do. Thanks so very much!

10. Kir

If I might point out, I think the clay detoxes metals. I was reading that it may be good to put it in a cloth sock or a pillow case so that it doesn’t go down your drain. I was reading it is strong and can be hard on plumbing. Not sure entirely but I do it just in case.

1. Cassie

Have you tried the cloth sock or pillowcase with clay in it yet? I’m curious if it worked. I have septic and don’t want to risk any damage to it.

1. Kay

This might be a good way to use the bentonite clay litter from Dollar Tree. Just put it in a sock and toss it into the bath with the other ingredients. Thanks for the idea!

1. candy

Mega doses of vitamin c work great for allergies. I had a rash on my nose and it felt like a bad allergy. I started the c mega doses to combat it, popping 2 orange 500mg chewables at a time. Totaling from 5 to 6 thousand mg a day. Next day I found out it was shingles in the right side of my head. Because of the vitamin c, my worse pain lasted like a month. They tell me the pain is unbearable, but I can’t say that in my case. The only thing is, you have to wean off the c when you take large amounts.

11. Cynthia

This sounds great. I’ve been meaning to try different detox methods for awhile now. I like this much better than other methods I’ve heard of. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how often one should take a detox bath?

12. Laurie

Found on magneticclay.com – an instruction PDF
    Chronic Conditions & Environmental Sensitivity
    -Use 1/2 to 1 cup of clay formula per bath
    -Space your baths from 5-7 days apart
    -Stay in the tub for 10 to 15 minutes

Minor Ailments, Fatigue, “Not feeling up to Par”
    -Use 1 to 2 cups of clay formula per bath
    -Space your baths from 3-5 days apart
    -Stay in the tub for 15-20 minutes

Health Maintenance, Average Health, Active Life
    -Use 1 to 3 cups of clay formula per bath
    -Space your baths from 3-5 days apart
    -Tub time can be a full 20 minutes or more

Other sites say to start smaller and work up to the recommended level.
    Also – do not do after a heavy meal. It might also be beneficial to research which supplements would be good to take before/after. Like Jillee said, rest afterward and keep warm!

1. Gwyn

Hi Laurie, I see that this was a while ago so you may not get this but I had to ask a couple of questions. Do you have any idea why the more “severe” (for lack of a better word) the condition or complaint the less you use for shorter a time? Also when you say don’t do after heavy metal do you mean after a heavy metal cleanse of some sort? Does that mean this won’t do anything for heavy metals? Thanks for taking the time to share the info I am very curious about it all. Thanks Jilllee too for sharing.

13. Catherine's not naturally crafty

I love this idea! Soaking in a long, hot, bath is soooo wonderful. But I’ve got a bit of advice. Whatever you do, DON’T use Omega 3 oil capsules thinking, “golly how good that will be for your skin.” Let’s just say Omega 3 oil is a fancy name for fish oil, and soaking in fish oil isn’t any delight at all. I’m pretty sure it’s just cod liver oil. It stank up the whole bath, and the towel I dried off in and me for a good day until I finally got it all scrubbed out. Yuck! So not all that is natural and healthy is necessarily a good idea to add to the bath. :p

14. Deb L

I’m new to this detoxing thing, but I haven’t been feeling up to par for a while and after reading what Jillee had to say about it, I’m in! I do have a few questions though, I was looking up the Bentonite Powder and found out that there is Sodium Bentonite Powder and Calcium Bentonite Powder, which one do I need to buy? Secondly, where can I buy the essential oils? I hate to order everyhting online because it’s such a waste to pay shipping, but I don’t know where else to buy these ingredients. Vitamin store? Health food store? Walmart???

1. Pati

DO NOT buy your health stuff at Walmart ! They MIGHT have 1% of the stuff you’re looking for but the rest is “fillers” . Go to a health food store or call them and ask where they recommend you go.

1. Amy

I get all my stuff from Amazon because I have free shipping there – I work at a university, and amazon offered us their “Prime” membership for a discounted rate – you might want to check into what sort of discounts you can get.

1. Jessica

No, we are all exposed to toxins. Even tiny babies get toxins through their mother’s milk or things put on their skin. It’s totally okay to use baking soda, epsom salt and clay on kids

15. Pingback: PinLaVie... Make your pins come true – The Ultimate Detox Bath

16. Amy R.

I just discovered your blog on Pinterest, and I love it already! I have never done a detox bath before, but I cannot wait to get the ingredients and try it out. I was just telling my husband a few days ago that I just feel tired and sluggish all of the time now. I work in the ER at nights and this sounds like the perfect thing to try when I get home and before I jump into bed. Can’t wait to hear your results and try it myself

1. Sherrill

My husband was just saying the same thing! he use to live where they used this stuff, to fill in holes around drilling sites and stuff… hes pretty sceptic on using /trying this lol, butmay get him to try the ginger soak, plus our new house (renting) does not have a *soaker* friendly bath tub :( so he prolly wont stay in very long, you cant really LOUNGE and get comfy in it, its shaped weird and hurts your tailbone when u try o lounge

1. Nadine

People who are pregnant are not supposed to soak in baths. It is not reccommended to put your belly under water (that is hot). It can raise your body temperature too much. For all questions regarding what your should and should not do while your pregnant, I strongly reccommend reading What to Expect When Your Expecting ( http://www.amazon.com/What-Expect-Youre-Expecting-Edition/dp/0761148574 ) . You don’t need to shell out alot for the most updated version, usually you can find an older edition in a library or used book store.
      I suggest waiting until you have given birth (you will definitely need some de-stress time then) or try just a foot soak. I loved foot soaks and getting pedicures while I was pregnant (although I would stay away from the parrafin wax dip- it was way too warm for me to handle, even on my feet).

1. Ann

She gave you the recipe above.

Sarah, I wouldn’t do it if I were pregnant. Definately ask your Dr. before you try it though to be sure since we’re not medical professionals.

2. Sherrill

Ya, i was wondering if this RECIPE is for ONE bath? or you put it in ajar and use/scoop out 1/4 or 1/2 cups to use per bath? 2 cups of epson salt plus the other seems like a awful lot to use and will be quite expensive for this to use if you use it all up at ONE bath…..

1. Amanda

I will be trying this tonight and bought a 32oz bag of Epsom Salt at WalMart for $.88 (enough for two baths) and a 1lb container of Bentonite clay at our local Co-Op for around $8 (enough for 4 baths). Having the vinegar on hand I didn’t need to purchase that so around $2.50 for a bath that should make you feel better I think is worth it!

2. Carol Ann

Epsom Salts are one of the least expensive items in the store. It won’t break the bank to use 2 cups in a single bath. I am wondering if you use raw apple cider vinegar or whether the regular stuff is okay. Can’t wait to try this.

3. candy

Sherrill, also the UNCENTED kitty litter at the dollar tree? IS Bentonite clay. You can’t beat the price and it will last you a loooong time! (-:

17. Janice

Hi Jillie, I am having mega problems with toxins due to chronic kidney failure. One item that would definitely be harmful to me is the salt. I am not suppose to eat salt at all. There is natural salt if most foods so I stay away from any food that might be salty. My question is would my skin ingest salt and would it then pass through my kidneys? Thanks.

18. Jill

I was curious if you found any research on the effects to a septic system. I purchased the ingredients to do this but have concerns about the septic after reading other sites. I’m anxious to try!!!

19. Lindsey

I’m also wondering what the research says about the septic system. I think just to be safe I’ll work up something to put it in to reduce buildup, because I really want to try this! I just got done with a super stressful semester at college and haven’t been treating myself right at all, I hope this will help!

20. Stephanie

Hey there-

I just tried this bath and really enjoyed it. However, I had a VERY tingely sensation all over my legs, back and arms. Is this the DETOX part of the bath? or did I put to much lavendar essential oil in maybe? Just wondering.

Thanks

21. Lynn

I read where calcium bentonite clay was suppose to be the good one and that sodium bentonite (Redmond) was not as good and not for internal use but they can mine it from strip mines for cheaper. I found a calcium bentonite on amazon is that the better one???? Thanks

22. Dale Grados

The essential oils you listed are not what come to mind when I think detoxifying. Citrus oils are the true detoxifiers….especially Lemon, Grapefruit and Orange. I would use those instead BUT since they can irritate the skin in a bath, I would put 5-7 drops (total) in about a teaspoon of Jojoba oil and then add it to the bath.

Or, use a combination of Lavender/citrus or Sandalwood/citrus or Ylang Ylang/citrus. The skin soothing properties of the Lavender, Sandalwood, etc., will cancel out any potential skin irritating quality of the detoxifying citruses.

23. Pingback: Ultimate Detox Bath Guide | DIY Cozy Home

1. Cindy

I live in an older home and am on the city sewer system. I had been using a bar soap containing a bentonite clay in it, which I loved. However, it would leave a horrible thick residue around the tub and the drain would gradually clog no matter how long I rinsed the tub after a shower. The only way to fix the buildup was to use vinegar/baking soda, boiling water and lots of plunging. As much as I loved the benefits of the clay, it wasn’t worth all of the bother and effort of keeping the drain clear. However, an occasional use may not be a problem as opposed to daily use.

24. Noel

I did this tonight-without the ACV since I’m out..I did add drops of yling ylang which smelled divine..stayed in for 35 min. I’ve done some other detox before, so I wasn’t surprised by the slight headache which appeard. What DID surprise me was the horrible gas that started about 30 min after getting out…is this normal-detoxing from everywhere :)

25. Pingback: The Health and Beauty Benefits Of Clay | One Good Thing by Jillee

26. Anita

Jillee,
    Love your post on detox baths. They have made a huge difference in my health. I have used each of your ingredients mentioned separately, but I will give them a try together.
    One step that you did not mention is to shower after the bath to wash any residue toxins off your skin. Otherwise they reabsorb.

27. Jessica

Wouldn’t the baking soda and the vinegar cancel each other out? I’ve read not to use them at the same time (think middle school volcano science experiment). I would personally do the salt, baking soda, and clay. Then take a shower afterwards and rinse with ACV.