It’s been almost 7 years since I switched from using disposable makeup wipes to reusable microfiber makeup remover cloths, and I’ve never regretted it for a second! Everything about makeup remover cloths is superior to the wipes I used to use, so much so that I quickly started offering them in the By Jillee Shop!
New to the concept of reusable makeup remover cloths? Continue reading to learn more about what they are, their benefits, and how to use and care for them.
What Is A Makeup Remover Cloth?
A makeup remover cloth is a cloth you can use to gently remove your makeup, then wash and reuse. While any type of cloth could theoretically qualify as a makeup remover cloth, microfiber cloths are particularly well suited to the task for several reasons:
- They’re soft. This almost goes without saying, but you don’t want to scrub just any old cloth over your sensitive facial skin! The softer, the better.
- They’re gentle. All those tiny fibers help lift away more makeup, so you can use less pressure and be kinder to your skin.
- They’re thorough. Another benefit of those tiny microfibers is that they can reach into all the nooks and crannies in your skin for a more thorough cleansing.
- They’re “magnetic.” All those fibers act like magnets, grabbing onto makeup particles and locking them away rather than pushing them around on your skin.
So now that you have a better idea of how makeup remover cloths work, you might ask, “But Jillee, why should I give up my current makeup removal method?” And to that, I would respond, “Here are 4 perfectly good reasons!”
4 Benefits Of Using Makeup Remover Cloths
1. You’ll Save Money
The most obvious benefit of makeup remover cloths is that you can wash and reuse them up to 500 times. So, while a set of makeup remover cloths may cost a few more dollars upfront than a package of disposable wipes, you’ll quickly make all that money back and then some!
2. You Can Customize Your Routine
There are a few ways to incorporate makeup remover cloths into your routine based on your preferences and needs. I like to use one side of a damp makeup remover cloth to wipe off the bulk of my makeup, use my Nourishing Oil Cleanser to dissolve any remaining makeup and wipe it off with the clean side of the cloth, then cleanse a second time with my Purifying Daily Cleanser.
This double cleansing routine has done wonders for my skin, and I highly recommend it! You can also remove your makeup with the cloth and follow up with your preferred cleanser, but adding oil cleansing keeps my skin more moisturized.
Another way to customize your routine with a makeup remover cloth is by using micellar water for additional cleansing rather than water alone. Water alone works great, but micellar water can help dissolve more stubborn types of makeup.
3. They Gently Exfoliate
Switching to a makeup remover cloth will add gentle exfoliation to your skincare routine. Exfoliation helps to buff away dead skin cells and reveal softer, smoother skin underneath. Your skin will be glowing in no time!
4. They Make Makeup Removal Easy
You know those nights when you want nothing more than to just crawl into bed as quickly as possible? Makeup remover cloths make taking your makeup off as quick and easy as it gets! Just wet the cloth, wipe off your makeup, and you’ll be ready for your beauty sleep.
What Kind Of Microfiber Cloth Should I Use To Remove Makeup?
You can use any fluffy microfiber cloth, but I recommend using it exclusively for makeup removal. (You don’t want to remove your makeup with a microfiber cloth that may have cleaning product residue on it!)
I genuinely recommend my Fresh Face Makeup Remover Cloths to anyone interested in switching from another makeup removal method. They’re absorbent, plush, and work like a charm!
We’ve sold nearly 10,000 packages of those fluffy makeup remover cloths in the past five years, so I’m hardly the only one who loves them! Take it from these happy customers:
“I have considered purchasing the makeup remover cloths for some time […] I just wasn’t sure of the cost and the claim they “totally [remove] makeup.” I finally took that leap recently and purchased several. Now I wonder WHY I WAITED SO LONG! These cloths are phenomenal. They really do remove all the makeup. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, remains on my face.”Rhoda M.
“I have always used a warm washcloth to remove my makeup; the microfiber cloths have improved this simple nightly task and made it more efficient and convenient. I like them so much that I purchased a set for each of my sisters and an additional set for travel. They are so much softer than regular terrycloth, [and they] dry faster, can be hand washed, and my skin looks better!”Melinda B.
But even good things can be improved, and I’ve been hard at work for the past several months making these cloths even better. After analyzing hundreds of survey responses and using all of that amazing feedback, I’m thrilled to announce the new and improved Fresh Face Makeup Remover Cloths are finally here!
Meet The New Fresh Face Makeup Remover Cloths
First, here’s what hasn’t changed:
- Size – Their size hasn’t changed; they’re still “just right!” for removing makeup.
- Quantity – They’re still offered in sets of 4, the quantity preferred by most customers.
Here’s what’s new:
- Color – Each set of makeup remover cloths now includes one gray, pink, green, and purple cloth for a fun pop of color.
- Improved Construction – The updated cloths have a single plush layer for a smoother experience and improved wear over time. They also feature silky-soft binding and a convenient hanging loop!
- Upgraded Packaging – Their beautifully redesigned packaging makes them gift-ready and includes comprehensive use and care instructions.
Also New! The Fresh Face Complete Kit
Looking to go beyond the essentials? Add even more convenience, variety, and functionality to your routine with the all-new Fresh Face Makeup Remover Cloths Complete Kit!
The Complete Kit includes:
- 7 makeup remover cloths for a hygienic skincare experience every day of the week (plus 3 exclusive new colors: blue, yellow, and tan)
- Mesh laundry bag for hassle-free cleaning
- Clear PVC storage bag that’s durable and perfect for travel
How To Care For Microfiber Makeup Remover Cloths
The best way to clean your makeup remover cloths is by washing them in a mesh laundry bag, so I suggest having a dedicated bag for that purpose. (You can grab one in the By Jillee shop!) Put dirty cloths in the bag when you’re finished using them, then when you’re ready to wash them, just zip the bag closed and toss it in your washer!
Wash microfiber makeup remover cloths on a delicate, cold-water wash cycle to minimize shedding and extend their lifespan. Similarly to other microfiber cloths, avoid washing them with fabric softeners or lint-producing items. Allow them to air dry or tumble dry with no heat.
There you have it! I wholeheartedly recommend making the switch to a reusable makeup remover cloth — I’m certain you’ll love the benefits just as much as I do!
How do you remove your makeup?