As many of you know, I used to produce a daily talk show in Salt Lake City called Good Things Utah. One of the amazingly beautiful and talented hosts of the show, Nicea DeGering, also happens to be one of my favorite people in the whole world. :-)
I just love this gal!
And NOT just because she gave me one of our family’s FAVORITE recipes…Nicea’s Favorite Chicken Fried Rice! (That’s just ONE of the reasons!)
I was making this the other night and I realized that I had not shared it in a post yet! I could hardly believe I had committed such a HUGE oversight! I knew it had to be corrected right away! After you make it (and see how easy it is!) and taste it (and see how yummy it is!) you will understand!
So without further ado….I present to you a FAVORITE recipe from one of my FAVORITE people…..
Nicea’s FAVORITE Fried Rice
- 1-2 chicken breasts or 10 chicken tenders (cut into very small pieces)
- 1/4 cup (gluten-free) soy sauce for marinating
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 2 carrots (finely grated) – I use 1/2 a bag of frozen peas and carrots when I’m in a hurry….which is always!
- 1/2 white onion (finely chopped) – I use 1/2 a bag of frozen chopped onions when I’m in a hurry….which is always!
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (see above comments)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced) or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked white rice (not instant)
Marinate chicken in soy sauce. Or if you’re in a hurry (which I always am!), just add to cut up chicken before cooking.
Mix all the ingredients together well, add soy sauce to taste, and enjoy!