Potato chips are the #1 snack food in America! Believe it or not, we eat 1.2 billion pounds a year! That’s a whole lotta chips….or “crisps” as they are often referred to over the pond. Of course most of us purchase our potato chips in bags…but making your own is a fun, healthy, and delicious alternative…especially when it’s as easy as this! What really amazed me about making my own potato chips was how crispy and crunchy they were right out of the microwave! Still scratching my head on that one.
How To Make Microwave Potato Chips:
- Slice 1 to 2 potatoes, depending on size, VERY thin! (I used small, red potatoes and was able to fit two of them on a plate)
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- Put the slices in a small bowl and drizzle with some olive oil, coconut oil, or whatever oil you prefer
- Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate.
- Sprinkle on some salt to taste (this is where you could get really creative and try all sorts of different seasonings!)
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes (timing will vary depending on the power of the microwave and the thickness of the slices).
- Turn the slices over (careful…they’re HOT!)
- Microwave again for another 2-3 minutes or until they start to brown and get crispy on the edges.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool completely. (They will continue to crisp up as they cool).
- Repeat process for as many potatoes as you like!
The first time I made these I ate the whole bowl of potato chips by myself in one sitting. So beware…they are addicting. :-) I didn’t even have any Onion Dip to go with them…which is actually my favorite way to eat chips. Here’s a quick and easy recipe from Good, Cheap, Eats.
So what are you waiting for?? Get out there and start snacking people!