With two teenage boys at home, we are more concerned with CLEANSING than makeup removal. :-)
Most MAKEUP REMOVER pads contain oil (rightly so) for dissolving and removing stubborn mascara, etc. But, if you have skin that tends to be on the oily side (and you don’t even WEAR makeup!), you probably need something with more CLEANSING action. (Think Stridex….but without the “medicated” part.)
That’s why I was very excited to come across this idea for cleansing pads, for the “men in my life”.
I found this idea on Frugal Money Management:
- Cotton rounds (I bought a package for 98 cents)
- A container with a tight-fitting lid (I repurposed and old Stridex-type jar)
- 2 cups distilled water (or you can boil tap water for 10 minutes, and allow to cool)
- 1 Tablespoon mild shampoo or wash
- 1 Tablespoon rubbing alcohol (or witch hazel)
- 1 Tablespoon white distilled vinegar
Pour all ingredients into a container and shake to combine.
Place enough cotton rounds into a container with a tight-fitting lid to fill it.
Pour cleansing solution over the pads until saturated. Save any remaining cleanser for later use.
Rubbing alcohol is commonly used as a disinfectant to soothe skin. It is also considered to be helpful in healing acne because it helps dry the skin and cleans off acne-causing bacteria. People with sensitive skin should avoid using rubbing alcohol!
My skin is not oily (which is a mixed blessing!) but I decided to give this a try tonight when I cleaned my face and it felt really good! My skin felt clean and soft. No tight feel…which surprised me.
Now if I can just get “my guys” to use it. :-)