No-Slip Hangers – 3 Different Solutions!

no slip hangersI have posted about making your own No-Slip Hangers once before here. These were pretty much life-changing for me! :-)

I can’t tell you how aggravated I would get over shirts, sweaters, skirts and dresses slipping off the ends of the hanger and onto the floor in a heap! It was almost a little ridiculous. You’ve heard of “road rage”?  It’s kind of like that…but without the car….and I’m standing in my closet. Otherwise it’s the same. lol.

Anyway, let’s just say it’s ONE OF THOSE THINGS that get under my skin and so when I discovered this FIRST no-slip hanger idea, I was so THRILLED that I never even considered anything else.

But since that time (thanks to YOUR comments) I have discovered two MORE ways to EASILY make your hangers HOLD ON to your clothes, rather than letting them go slip, sliding away. (Naughty hangers!)

So I’m going to share all three ways so you can take your pick! Dontcha just LOVE having options in this world??? I sure do! I’m an options-loving kinda girl!

OPTION #1:

FUZZY STICKS THAT STICK!

(Or as I have always called them…good old fashioned pipe cleaners)

no slip hangers

OPTION #2:

GLUE GUN GRIPPER

no slip hangers

OPTION #3:

RUBBER BAND(AID)

Sorry, I didn’t even take any individual photos of this one….it’s THAT simple! :-) (Refer to top picture for a visual.)

rubber bandsAfter having used all three versions for awhile now…I can honestly say I don’t really have a STRONG PREFERENCE of one over the others. (I currently use all three in my closet.)

But if I were FORCED to choose by the “hanger police”, I would probably pick the GLUE GUN GRIPPER because it’s every bit as effective as the other two, it’s the least noticeable of the three when hanging in your closet, AND you get to use a GLUE GUN!! :-)

There ya have it……OPTIONS!  It’s the word of the day!

So which one is YOUR favorite OPTION?

Facebook185Twitter6Pinterest6983Google+4

Comments

1. Fran says

i used the old fashioned crocheted covered hangers now. totally non slip. i get them from garage sales and second hand shops. i never have problems with clothes slipping any more. it’s so annoying. i like the glue gun idea.

• Lori W says

Try silicone caulking. It’s stickier and will grip better to stop those hanger slide-offs, and, if you’re doing a bunch of them you can get out the caulking gun and really git-r-dun!

2. CTY says

Wait–your supposed to hang your clothes ;)
    I like the pipe cleaner, ahem, fuzzy stick idea. I have a bunch hanging around from when I had to buy a 3 variety packs because they didn’t sell the color I needed in individual packs.
    I’ll have a rainbow closet. I could use the colors to organize them, no maybe I should just focus on getting off the floor!

LOVING your ideas in general, but this one is great! I have another option for you, for people with padded hangers. I got frustrated once with sleeveless tops and dresses slipping off. When my back was turned…I grabbed all of hangers, my sewing box and sat on the front stoop sewing shank buttons to the hanger tops, about half an inch from each end.I’ve been using them for about a year and my frustration level went waaaay down. I can’t wait to rubber band all my other hangers. I am SO using this in the bride’s closet at the farm!!! Thanks!

4. Christy says

Unfortunately your registration at One Good Thing by Jillee Forum did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
    One Good Thing by Jillee Forum

I received this email last night after I had activated my account with the forum yesterday afternoon. I am not understanding what membership requirements I didn’t meet as I answered all the questions during registration.

• Landon says

This happens all the time with vbulletin & its nothing personal. All it means is that something about your username or your email address looked iffy to the filter, so it got kicked out. If you PM the username & email address to an Admin (Jillee) they can be on the lookout on the registration list to approve that username & password. Unless you administrate a message board you would be shocked at the number of spammers that sign up & are deleted every single day. In order to keep a place clean, family friendly, and spam free each registration have to be approved individually. You would truly be shocked at what would show up on a site that is not monitored.

hmmmm….well THAT shouldn’t be happening. The MAIN thing that we are asking to differentiate REAL users with spammers is we are asking what one of your INTERESTS are (like DIY, cleaning, homemade solutions, etc). Did you answer that question? I will keep an eye out for your email address Christy.

5. Landon says

Jillee, this is G.E.N.I.O.U.S!! I am very familiar with the clothes on the floor while the empty hanger dangles from the rod rage. I will be trying the glue gun gripper on my daughter’s hangers. Her clothes seem to be the only ones in the house that are constantly jumping off the hangers!! LOL Whatever the gripper doesn’t work for the pipe cleaners will & there are always plenty of those around here.

• Ayshela says

My daughter did this to her hangers, since she hangs pretty much everything but her underwear, and she LOVES it! She was such a fan she made some glue-gunned hangers for her sister and for her best friend. No more tank tops or wide necked shirts on the floor!

• Landon says

Our hangers have the little dipped out rectangle in the top edge that is perfect for my daughter’s camis & tank tops, but those wide necked tops are the worst! They are so cute on my daughter, not so cute on her closet floor.

jULIE I ASK YOU FOR A LINK TO YOUR WEB SITE. yOU SENT ME A LINK BUT WAS THE KIND I WOULD HAVE TO COPY AND PASTE DID THAT AND WOULD NOT WOK. cOULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A LINK IN BLUE THAT I CLICK ON ON THE E MAIL tHANK YOU VERY MUCH lOVE YOUR HINTS ETC. THAT I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND

You can also visit the Soundcloud Promotions
    blog for free tips and tricks to become a successful musician through promoting yourself online.

[6] The API is besides intermingled in medicine finders, including Sound – You – Need.
    Below the waveform is a selection of activity from repost, like, share to
    buy.

however that’s variety of an attempt among the dark since your ideas could significantly differ from the terms folks very enter in Google.
    Also you can try our link building services, if you are looking to build high
    quality links at affordable prices. It will eventually
    informs you the progress in your website optimization and can even determine which aspects
    of your website needs further enhancements or is working most to
    your advantage.

Learning Buddhist meditation in Thailand is wonderful though,
    because your options are endless. For those parents whose students complain of being
    bored in the traditional classroom, the virtual school may hold the key to inspiring these students to reach their full potential.

Once the movie is over, allow students to sit for a few minutes, silently processing what they have seen and heard.

This is why mobile devices sell so well because people thiunk tht they do not need anything else to do this.

Thhe examination of the mobile phone’s history, uses, and technological advancements, will construe how
    today’s modern lifestyle is almost entirely dependent
    pon thee cellular phone. The measured lap times can be
    exportsd to any other application (e.

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I ttuly enjoyed reading it,
    you’re a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your bblog andd will often come
    back very soon. I want to encourage that you continue youjr great
    job, have a nice weekend!

Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or
    maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from
    each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to shoot me an email.
    I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

A whole industry has arisen around shaving; gels, shaving creams,
    after shave, and the vast array of shavers available, all designed to reduce skin trauma and irritation from shaving.

But you should always test the treatment on smaller body part
    before applying It to the whole body parts.
    Laser hair removal BC approach eliminates all the negative aspects of
    electrolysis. In order to achieve permanent reduction, the hair follicle should be treated during the active stage of hair growth,
    when the target parameters necessary for permanent hair destruction are present.
    They will be able to assess your skin type and advise you on the
    best and most effective form of treatment. There are several treatment options readily
    available. All three of these things can be done naturally and without
    the use of pesticides. I was discussing this with my female friends one day telling them I wasn’t looking forward to going home to wax my legs and armpits.
    It works by using pulses of light from a laser beam to destroy the hair follicle.
    As they harden they trap the hair in the wax so
    it is removed by the roots when the wax is ripped off. The idea behind using laser to remove hair is similar no matter what kind of laser treatment it is.
    Laser Hair Removal has many advantages over
    waxing and electrolysis, but none are as more comforting than the reduced pain factors.
    To be extra safe, treat damp hair with a heat-protective
    spray before blowing dry. The first secret trick is to make sure that you don’t start out shaving with a razor.
    Which ever form of hair removal , your pores are going to be opened
    and your skin is going to be sensitive, so to avoid getting breakouts do not use any lotions, creams, oils, deodorants or fragrances of
    any kind to that area at least for 24hrs.