No-Slip Hangers – 3 Different Solutions!

no slip hangersI have posted about making your own No-Slip Hangers once before here. These were pretty much life-changing for me! :-)

I can’t tell you how aggravated I would get over shirts, sweaters, skirts and dresses slipping off the ends of the hanger and onto the floor in a heap! It was almost a little ridiculous. You’ve heard of “road rage”?  It’s kind of like that…but without the car….and I’m standing in my closet. Otherwise it’s the same. lol.

Anyway, let’s just say it’s ONE OF THOSE THINGS that get under my skin and so when I discovered this FIRST no-slip hanger idea, I was so THRILLED that I never even considered anything else.

But since that time (thanks to YOUR comments) I have discovered two MORE ways to EASILY make your hangers HOLD ON to your clothes, rather than letting them go slip, sliding away. (Naughty hangers!)

So I’m going to share all three ways so you can take your pick! Dontcha just LOVE having options in this world??? I sure do! I’m an options-loving kinda girl!

OPTION #1:

FUZZY STICKS THAT STICK!

(Or as I have always called them…good old fashioned pipe cleaners)

no slip hangers

OPTION #2:

GLUE GUN GRIPPER

no slip hangers

OPTION #3:

RUBBER BAND(AID)

Sorry, I didn’t even take any individual photos of this one….it’s THAT simple! :-) (Refer to top picture for a visual.)

rubber bandsAfter having used all three versions for awhile now…I can honestly say I don’t really have a STRONG PREFERENCE of one over the others. (I currently use all three in my closet.)

But if I were FORCED to choose by the “hanger police”, I would probably pick the GLUE GUN GRIPPER because it’s every bit as effective as the other two, it’s the least noticeable of the three when hanging in your closet, AND you get to use a GLUE GUN!! :-)

There ya have it……OPTIONS!  It’s the word of the day!

So which one is YOUR favorite OPTION?

Share on Facebook188Tweet about this on Twitter6Pin on Pinterest7,076Google+4

Comments

1. Fran says

i used the old fashioned crocheted covered hangers now. totally non slip. i get them from garage sales and second hand shops. i never have problems with clothes slipping any more. it’s so annoying. i like the glue gun idea.

2. Ellen Gardner says

Hmmm… My glue gun’s glue dries hard and smooth, not rubbery so maybe the other 2 would work better for me.

3. CTY says

Wait–your supposed to hang your clothes ;)
    I like the pipe cleaner, ahem, fuzzy stick idea. I have a bunch hanging around from when I had to buy a 3 variety packs because they didn’t sell the color I needed in individual packs.
    I’ll have a rainbow closet. I could use the colors to organize them, no maybe I should just focus on getting off the floor!

4. CTY says

I have a spray bottle with water in it, I lay the sweater on the bed give a few sprays, reshape & let it set a bit. I have also been known to wear it even if not completely dry. Scandal, outrage I know.

LOVING your ideas in general, but this one is great! I have another option for you, for people with padded hangers. I got frustrated once with sleeveless tops and dresses slipping off. When my back was turned…I grabbed all of hangers, my sewing box and sat on the front stoop sewing shank buttons to the hanger tops, about half an inch from each end.I’ve been using them for about a year and my frustration level went waaaay down. I can’t wait to rubber band all my other hangers. I am SO using this in the bride’s closet at the farm!!! Thanks!

From Lynn Long on Facebook:

I have one more that also keeps the hanger from leaving shoulder marks. Get some pipe insulation foam, cut it to the length of your hanger, slice one side, poke a hole for the hook and slip it over your hanger. I use these for sweaters and such and hot glue for the rest.