[3 ingredient] Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I can’t think about Fall and not think about these cookies for some reason!

I first tasted these when I worked as a producer on a morning talk show in Salt Lake City called “Good Things Utah”. I can’t remember who made them on the show…but I DO remember we all liked them so much we put them in our 1st cookbook! :-)

That was a few years ago and a quick look around the GTU website didn’t bring up the recipe, but thankfully I found the very same recipe here at:  Ladybird Ln. (Thanks Carlee!)

Not only are they moist and delicious….with only THREE INGREDIENTS..they are a SNAP to make!

Our Executive Producer George liked them so much he would make batches of them and bring them to our remote shows at the Scrapbooking Expo for the viewers to try!  Ahh..good times!  Miss you George! :-)

www.ladybirdln.com

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

• Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
  • 15 oz can pumpkin
  • Chocolate Chips (about 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients together, plop on cookie sheet in heaping tablespoons,  bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until just firm.

Funny thing is I’m not usually a fan of pumpkin and chocolate together…but there is something about these cookies that my taste buds make an exception for.
Go on….give them a try.  You probably have everything you  need for them in your pantry already. :-)
Oh man….now I’m HUNGRY!!!

Facebook97Twitter1Pinterest1127Google+0

Comments

• Karissa says

I wonder if this Lauralee is my sister… I don’t know a lot of Lauralees. :) Is it you, LQS? I just made these cookies, but they were really just cake bites. I guess they’re still warm… maybe they’ll get hard when they cool down? So far… not a fan. :( I like my cookies like my crackers: with a crunch!

1. Billie says

I'm thinking cinnamon chips would be as good with these as with the cupcake/muffin version. One box spice cake, the large can pumpkin, 1 cup cinnachips, bake in cupcake pan at 350* about 40 mins or so.

2. Life's a Bowl says

I love pumpkin and I love chocolate! Never have combined the two but it sounds tasty :D I've substituted applesauce and pumpkin puree in baked goods before and love the taste/ texture!

3. Beverly says

I have been making these cookies for some time now. My sister gave me the recipe. When I make them for a function or to share with friends for the first time, I get rave reviews. I use a small cookie scoop and drop them fairly close together on my baking sheet as they do not spread. I get about 5 dozen that way. LOVE this recipe. (By the way, I do not save this recipe for just the fall season. I make this recipe throughout the year.) Most of the time I use Betty Crocker, but I have also used Duncan Hines with the same great results.

4. Shareen says

I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. They called them the 1 pt. cookie. They are so good my son would eat them faster than I did and he wasn’t on W.W. For only 1 pt. you can totally feel like you cheated without the guilt!!!

5. Tamara Perez says

I’m trying this tonight with Toll House peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels mix that I got on sale today! Love making the recipes from your site for my husbands potlucks! Many a US Navy service members have come to love your recipes…and most likely had to run a little more often! You are so popular with all the wives on our Navy base!!! Thanks for making the business of being a 2o year Navy Wife easier by always having the best darn recipes around!

6. Brenda says

I was not a huge of this recipe at all! I didn’t like the taste or texture. I thought I’d try them because they seemed super easy, and they definitely are. Just not as good as I had hoped for.

7. Deana says

I have made this recipe for years and find that a yellow cake mix works great if spice is not available. One variation we like is to use a chocolate cake mix and add white chips for a double chocolate cookie. Tastes great and is reminiscent of a brownie bite.

8. Lisa says

I just made these, they are wonderful! So simple to make too. I didn’t have the cake mix so I just used what I had and added pumpkin spice to it. I don’t think these will last long in my house. Thanks for the great recipe!

9. Val says

I just made these with chocolate chip muffin mix and pumpkin, the kids and I love them. I will be making these for the holidays. I finally found my favorite cookie, I don’t like crunchy cookies, Thanks for the awesome recipe!

10. Aimee says

Thanks for this! Can’t resist super easy dessert recipes since I love eating them but not so much making them. I also didn’t have spice cake mix so I used white/yellow cake mix and added 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 3 teaspoons of allspice/pumpkin spice. Just gotta change your expectations about these being like reg. choc chip cookies as they are moke cakey… Yummy!

11. Roberta Phillips says

These are so yummy!!! I’m a chocolate lover so I put a whole bag of chocolate chips in and I cook mine at 375 degrees for 10 minutes and then I take them out of the oven and let them sit for an additional 2 minutes before I take them off the cookie sheet. Every now and again instead of semi sweet I’ll use milk chocolate chips. Mmmmm so yummy!