The recipe I’ll be sharing with you today came into my life courtesy of our lovely neighbor Sharon. She brought a loaf of gluten free pumpkin bread over for us, and my son Kell ate the entire loaf within an hour.
(Typically I would not condone this such selfish behavior, especially when delicious treats are involved. But since he’s the only one in the family with celiac disease, I can’t really blame him for getting carried away on the rare occasion that a neighbor brings over something he can actually eat.)
Anyway, the very next day I asked Sharon if she would be willing to share her recipe with me. She graciously agreed, and I ended up making this recipe a concerning number of times in the following weeks.
This gluten free pumpkin bread is just that good! It’s moist, flavorful, and the texture is just right, so go ahead and give this recipe a try! (It makes two loaves, and if you happened to set one of them aside for yourself, your secret would be safe with me!). And after making pumpkin bread you definitely have to try what I think is the best gluten free bread recipe around.
How To Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
5 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
Start by greasing two loaf pans (about 9” x 5”) with butter or cooking spray.
Add the brown rice flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, and xanthan gum to a mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer. Stir until the dry ingredients are well mixed.
With your mixer on low speed, add the eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, white sugar, lemon juice, and pumpkin puree one at a time.
After adding all of the ingredients, increase to high speed and continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes.
Divide the batter between the greased loaf pans. Bake at 300°F for about 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (Start checking around the 1 hour mark. Mine are usually done closer to 1 hour 10 minutes, but maybe my oven just runs hot!)
…And More Pumpkin Goodness!
I’m one of those people who likes to take advantage of pumpkin-flavored everything this time of year. If you’re as pro-pumpkin as I am, check out more delicious recipes and food ideas at the links below! :-)
- This Is The Easiest Pumpkin Pie You’ll Ever Make
- 8 Heavenly Pumpkin Pie Inspired Recipes You Need To Try
- How To Cook A Pumpkin In Your Crockpot
Do you have a go-to pumpkin treat or recipe during the fall?
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- Start by greasing two loaf pans (about 9” x 5”) with butter or cooking spray.
- Add the brown rice flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, and xanthan gum to the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Stir until the dry ingredients are well mixed.
- With your mixer on low speed, add the eggs, vegetable oil, brown sugar, white sugar, lemon juice, and pumpkin puree one at a time.
- Increase to high speed and continue mixing for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 300°F for about 1 hour 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.