Melt-In-Your-Mouth {GF} Peanut Butter Cookies!

Today is a GOOD day! I did some work…I played with my new grandpuppy….I sprayed some weeds….and baked some cookies!

While I was doing my usual meandering across the internet this morning…I came across a recipe for Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies at Food Plus Words.  Being a huge PB and Chocolate FAN…I was already hatching plans to make them when I noticed that the recipe was actually GLUTEN-FREE. I also noticed it was adapted from a recipe by Gluten-Free Girl. So I clicked on over to her website and found the original Peanut Butter cookie recipe. I knew that if the Gluten-Free Girl said they were good….they were good. I had a hunch about these so I immediately decided to make some.  The recipe couldn’t possibly be easier!

Melt-In-Your-Mouth {Gluten Free} Peanut Butter Cookies!

• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup white sugar (I did 1/2 white and 1/2 brown)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 egg

That’s IT! GF girl said that this recipe works best just mixing up by hand with a spoon, so that’s what I did.  Didn’t even have to get the KitchenAid out!

Every other step was just like making “regular” peanut butter cookies. Roll into a ball, roll balls in sugar, flatten slightly with a fork and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

The cookies came out beautifully and tasted SO good. They are so tender they melt in your mouth and go GREAT with a cold glass of milk. I may have had 3 (or 4).  And now I need a nap………….

Share on Facebook235Tweet about this on Twitter3Pin on Pinterest7675Google+1

Comments

1. Sarah Wisner says

I’ve had a very similar recipe for several years that works really well! 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tbs vanilla. They turn out great even without the soda if you don’t have any. Great recipe, keep the “good” things coming!

2. Renee Andrews says

Blast from the past. This is the exact recipe I learned from a cookbook from my middle school library years and years ago. Loved ‘em then and can’t wait to make them NOW! Thanks for the reminder of such a simple delight.

My husband is diabetic and, of course, can’t have sugar, bread or anything made from wheat flour, etc (CARBS). I would have NEVER thought I could make peanut butter cookies without flour! So, I’ll be making these for him, tomorrow, but substituting Splenda for the sugar. He will be THRILLED! THANK YOU!!

4. Helena says

Dear Jillee, i’m your fan from Malaysia. I made these today, seriously they were delicious!! Thank you very much for the recipe. I love every single post in your blog. Thanks again :-)

5. Gayle says

I have made these for years…it works super without the baking soda…and with vanilla. After I roll them into walnut-size balls…I use my meat hammer and gently press each one. Makes perfect cookies every time.

All i have to say is… Make sure you dont overcook these! They never quite “look done” so just cook for the 10 minutes no questions asked! I cooked for 13 and they got a little dark on the underside which messed up the flavor. However, the few that were large enough and cooked correctly were delicious! Thank you for a great recipe :)

7. Lina4969 says

i found you on pinterest and your blog is really cool, my question though is how many does a batch make? i have a big family so i need to know how many batches to make if i’m gonna get any :)

8. D Wilson says

They have a very similar recipe right on the back of the Kraft PB label. Only with half the sugar and no baking soda.

I personally adapt the basic recipe cutting about 1/4-1/3 peanut butter and using same amount of pumpkinseed butter to replace. I did this to add extra calories and iron for my toddler who loves her sweets like momma. I also add flaxseed in dough as well.

9. Ste LKF says

Made with almond butter instead, these are my go-to gf cookie! They’re wonderful with chocolate chips, I leave out the baking soda and they can be rolled out like sugar cookies, I add 1/4 c cocoa for chocolate cookies…so versatile, variations are endless, and gluten eaters love them too!

10. Suzanne says

These look amazing. Thanks for sharing. I noticed in the original post by Gluten Free Girl that she used baking powder instead of baking soda as in your recipe above. I was planning on using the original but didn’t know if that change would make too much of a difference. Thanks so much!