During the frigid winter months, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm, hearty bowl of soup. And if you had to exert hardly any effort to make the soup? Well, that’s just the icing on the cake. :-) I’ve already extolled my love for my slow cooker for making all kinds of foods, from steak and potatoes, to broth and applesauce, but I’ve never fully illuminated the wonderful world of slow cooker soups. Until today! I want to share a delicious recipe I came across recently for a heartwarming Lasagna Soup that the whole family will love, as well as highlight a few of our other favorite recipes for slow cookers soups.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15oz can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4-5oz dry pasta noodles,
- shredded mozzarella for topping
To the bowl of your slow cooker, add the ground beef, onion, pepper, garlic, can of tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings, and chicken broth. Stir the mixture to combine, and cook on High for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, and add the dry pasta noodles. If you’re using large or long noodles, break them into smaller pieces before adding them to the crockpot. Replace the cover and cook for 30 more minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
Serve warm, topped with shredded mozzarella.
And because we couldn’t limit ourselves to sharing just one delicious slow cooker soup recipe, here are several more mouthwatering options from across the web! :-)
Potato and Corn Chowder
Chicken Wild Rice Soup
French Onion Soup
White Bean Chicken Chili
Tomatillo Pork Stew
Fire up those crockpots, because we’ve got a lot of soup to make! :-)
What is your favorite crockpot soup recipe?
SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
- 1 lb. Ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 cup Onion diced
- 1 cup Green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 15 oz Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Oregano dried
- 1 tsp Basil dried
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz Pasta noodles dry
- 100 grams Mozzarella shredded
- Add the ground beef, onion, pepper, garlic, can of tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings, and chicken broth to slow cooker.
- Stir the mixture to combine, and cook on High for 4 hours.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, and add the dry pasta noodles. If you’re using large or long noodles, break them into smaller pieces before adding them to the crockpot.
- Replace the cover and cook for 30 more minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve warm, topped with shredded mozzarella.