My Kitchen "Miracle" Cleaner – Part Deux!

kitchen-cleaner-1.22.13This post is brought to you by Amazon where you can get deals on household cleaners!

So…the other day I was finishing up the dishes of the day and hand-scrubbing the jelly roll pans (cookie sheets), because they don’t fit in the dishwasher, and was quite appalled when I realized just how stained and nasty-looking they were!

In my defense…I have had these pans a LOONNNGGGG time! I think my Mom bought them for me when we were first married from Orson Gygi.  They have seen a LOT of kitchen “action” since then.

It wasn’t until a couple of years ago, when I became a Giada deLaurentis groupie, that I started using foil on my cookies sheets EVERYTIME I used them. Saves me SOOOO much clean up time…and grief.  But these pans have seen a LOT of abuse over the years.

kitchen miracle cleaner

As I stared at the pans I wondered how my “miracle” cleaner would work on these.  A couple of weeks ago I shared how the “miracle” of baking soda and peroxide had pretty much changed my life. ;-)

kitchen miracle cleaner

Well, ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration…but I was FLOORED at how well it works on pretty much everything in my kitchen.  I mean look at these hard water stained utensils! They look like new!

But my jelly roll pans….these were a whole different level of stained! My “miracle” cleaner couldn’t possibly work on them….or could it??  hmmmmm.  You know I had to find out.

Well, like they say….a picture’s worth a thousand words!

TADA!

kitchen miracle cleaner
I’m a leftie, so I work left to right

I cleaned HALF of this pan and left the other 1/2 untouched to show the stark difference!  And honestly, it really didn’t even take a whole lot of scrubbing to get it to look like this! My husband thinks I am insane….I was practically GIDDY cleaning my disgusting pans! :-)  I DO have to tell you though…the stuff in the corners and on the sides of the pan were MUCH harder (almost impossible) to get completely clean.  I managed to get a LOT of the build-up off…but those areas were much more of a challenge. I doubt I’ll get them completely clean…but it’s such a vast improvement…I really don’t even care. :-)

Anyway, I just couldn’t resist sharing another cleaning success story using my “miracle” cleaner. Hopefully some of you out there get as excited about this stuff as I do.  If you haven’t tried it yet….do it!  You’ll be amazed!!!

This post is brought to you by Amazon:

Share on Facebook1,249Tweet about this on Twitter32Pin on Pinterest793,906Google+31

Comments

1. Margaret says

Aw, it didn't work for my cookie sheets at all with brand new peroxide and baking soda. I scrubbed really hard, too! Oh well :)

At least it was cheap to try.

2. hbs1991 says

I am confused? Where is part one of this post? I would like to know the process you used to clean the pans, I am moving soon, and would love to clean my baking sheets the way you have BEFORE I move. I have looked for a link to the the first part and cannot seem to locate it and looked in the archives.
    Thanks for your help! I am looking forward to nice clean and shiny pans again.

3. Anonymous says

I think I'm doing something wrong. Tried the miracle cleaner, didn't work at all! Thought maybe my peroxide was old, bought new, still didn't work. Left it on for 1/2 hour, no go! Poured boiling water on it and then did peroxide, baking soda another 20 min, nothing!
    Has anyone else has success with this process! Am I doing something wrong? (Tried it on cookie sheet and frying pan)

4. Anonymous says

Do you think I could try this on my ceramic cooktop? I have stains that I can't get off with the cooktop cleaners or a razor blade.

5. Anonymous says

I tried this tonight with a drop or 2 of ammonia on the inside of the oven door. I covered the paste with plastic and let it sit for about 30 minutes. A few swipes with a plastic onion bag got most of the crud off. Then I finished it off with a magic eraser…beautiful! I've been trying to clean this thing for a week!

6. Anonymous says

Another little hint for baking soda: add 1 cup to your bath water and it will get rid of yeast infections. If you use it every time you take a bath you'll never have another infection. A very nice side effect is that it softens your skin. Learned this from my child's pediatrician about 37 years ago and have been free of them for that long; which is amazing for me. Hope it helps — I know that I try and share it with everyone that I know about this little trick. It's a whole lot cheaper and a lot cleaner then all of those medicines they sell. If you have an infection it does take a little while to clear it up. That is why I recommend using it all of the time and be free from them.

7. Anonymous says

Love your hints!! They are awesome! I have to throw my two cents in on this one-even tho it's not a 'natural' cleaner, the white sponges (the big bald guy!! LOL) work great on most all of the problems that people have listed here. It doesn't take a whole lot of elbow grease either. They are not as expensive as when they first came out-WalMart even has their own version of them. My sinks stay white, every bit of old grease comes off of pans (with a little bit of elbow grease) it keeps the white part of tennis shoes white, keeps the fridge door clean, just so many uses!! It's my miracle sponge!!

8. DeDe says

When my pans are gunked up and can't be cleaned with routine cleaning, I use what I use in my oven: oven cleaner! Lay newspaper down, spray, let sit as for a cold oven, and proceed with the cleaning. I've used this method on Pyrex to Stainless Steel. Perhaps someone else mentioned this above, but I didn't have time to read them all. Love your site! DeDe :)

9. Anonymous says

It mostly worked! Now going to combat the stubborn stain with ammonia vapor (few drops of ammonia and cover the spot with bowl for 12 to 24 hours). *fingers crossed*