This is officially K I L L I N G me to post this recipe and photo this morning!
It is 8:41 am and we are getting ready to make our road trip back to Utah from Cal-i-FOR-ny-YAY and I am S T A R V I N G!
So while I run through the McDonald’s drive-thru, the rest of you should try this recipe for PUMPKIN PANCAKES from TheCurvyCarrot.com and let me know how they turn out. :-) I will enjoy them vicariously until I get home and can whip them up myself.
That light, golden, fluffy pile of pumpkin deliciousness looks SOOOOOOOOO good right now!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flou
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla extract together, mixing well until smooth.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spatula until just combined.
4. In another small bowl, using an electric hand mixer (or whatever you have on hand), beat the egg whites until thick and stiff.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, mixing until smooth.
6. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat.
7. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray, and, in 1/4-cup increments, cook each pancake until lightly browned on each side, about 1 minute per side.
8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
9. Top with your favorite syrup, and enjoy.