Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Six

I want to know WHO is responsible for time going SO FAST!!  I just looked at the calendar and realized Thanksgiving is TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!!  How the heck did THAT happen??? I realize Thanksgiving is earlier than usual this year….but still!  I cannot believe how fast this year has (almost) gone by!  yikes.

Well, I had PLANNED on doing several of installments of “Simple Handmade Gifts” before Christmas rolled around…but at this rate I’ll be lucky to get one more in! I’ll do my best though.

So let’s get right to it! Here is the latest installment of my favorite handmade gift ideas curated from across the world wide web.

(Disclaimer: Similar to parts 1 – 5, not all of the gift ideas listed have tutorials attached, and some even link to Etsy shops or other places where you can purchase the item. But I included them if I thought they were simple enough to easily replicate. Also, some are not 100% “handmade”, but again, if they were SIMPLE ideas and had some personalization to them, they were included.)

Christmas In A Jar

Shrink Plastic Pendants

How About Orange

shrink plastic necklace

Homemade Limeade Mix

My Weddings

limeade

There is no link to a recipe. The closest thing I could find was a recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Mix. Maybe swap out the strawberry Kool Aid for lime?

Mix together:

3 cups of powdered lemonade mix
1 package of strawberry Kool Aid

To prepare: mix according to the package directions for the lemonade mix.

Sweater Socks

parchment basket

Ric-Rac Coasters

Flickr

ric-rac coasters

Cast Iron Skillet Memo Board

At The Picket Fence

cast iron skillet memo board

Hopefully you’ll find some inspiration SOMEWHERE in this list….

I know *I* have!  :-)

Looking for MORE inspiration?  Check out “Simple Handmade Gifts” - Parts 1 through 4!  :-)

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter9Pin on Pinterest16,422Google+2

Comments

1. Michele Glatt says

Hi Jillee! Just love all your posts and wonderful ideas. I would really like to make that limeade recipe above. Do you happen to have one? The link just brings you to a picture of the mason jars with the mix in it. Thanks either way!
    Blessings to you!

Michele…the closest thing I could find was a Strawberry Lemonade Mix that I have added to the post above. I’m thinking you could just swap out the strawberry with lime. Hope this helps!

• CTY says

Why not use the Lemon/Lime flavored Kool-Aid? I was surprised by the photo only too. So then I thought why not figure my own ratios. So I got right to it. It’s not bad and would make a nice punch base.
        Into 4 oz canning jar layer (for 2 qts):
        5 TB Country Time Pre-sweetened Mix
        3 TB Kool –Aid Lemon/Lime Sweetened Mix (Mix 1 C sugar w/ Kool-Aid unsweetened pckt)
        To make: Dissolve mix into 2 C heated water.
        Add ice (20 cubes) and enough water to make 2 qts.
        Stir & allow some ice to melt . Stir again & serve
        Add a drop or two of food coloring to Kool Aid Mix for a light lime color.

• Michele Glatt says

Yes! It does help. Thank you! And thank you, CTY for taking the proactive approach and figuring it out. :)

Hi Jilliee, I’m interested in the “Christmas in a Jar” but when I click on it it takes me to the criss-cross headband. Can you fix the link? Thanks!

3. Misty says

Jillee…thanks so much for this post and the others before…we found out last week that my husband will be losing his job. So cheap and home-made are going to be the themes for this Christmas.

I still have some beautiful handkerchiefs I bought as souvenirs while I studied abroad about 5 years ago. I intended on gifting them, but I wanted to do something to personalize them and make them into something more than just a pretty hankie. I’m thinking drawer sachets it is!

Excellent list, as always, there are many ideas sparking my creative side :)

Thanks KayZee. I fixed the link. Darn internet provider went down in the wee hours of the morning and it was about 3:30am by the time I posted this. That is my excuse and I’m sticking to it! ;-)

5. Angelia Howard says

I would love to find the limemade mix recipe, searched but no luck. Anyone know where to find it?

Angelia….I searched and searched as well…but the closest thing I could come up with was a Strawberry Lemonade mix that I have added to the post above. I hope this helps!

6. mimib says

GREAT IDEAS (as always!!!) Thanks so much!! The necktie wristlet is really cool, but you link to an etsy store which doesn’t show how to make (same with the doily stencil teacups.) Anyway, I searched for a tutorial and found this blog from the the lady who made the pink necktie wristlet in your post. http://tearfultouch.blogspot.com/2011/12/recycled-necktie-wristlet-how-do-you.html Unfortunately, she does not have a tutorial, but she does sell other cool things on etsy! I found another blogger with great instructions http://onegirlsadventuresinthrifting.blogspot.com/2012/03/necktie-mother-lode.html — maybe you should change your link to her blog.

Hi Jillee, I just recently found your blog (Pinterest did the trick for me) but since I subscribed I read over and over again all your postings. I love all your ideas and though sometimes it’s difficult finding the products you use to create all. But I’m searching the internet to find it in The Netherlands and sometimes I succeed.
    Thanks heeps for sharing!

Ohhh, perfect timing!! I’m just trying to make up my Christmas give list, and I LOOOOOVE the soy teacup candle idea!! The cute cupcake lids are awesome too! Great ideas as always Jillee! <3

9. Kate says

I am not a huge homemade gift person, but your lists always get my creative juices flowing. Thanks!