“Stuck Inside During A Snow Storm” Marshmallow Popcorn

marshamallow popcornThis is what happens when I’m stuck at home during a snow storm….I am transformed into a domestic goddess…and you get a SECOND “Good Thing” in one day! :-)

I saw this on Pinterest this morning and had to hold myself back from running to the kitchen to make it. I exercised some self control and waited until after lunch. ;-)

(I tried to track down the source, but it just led to a photo “Uploaded by User“. If anyone knows the original pinner…I would love to give credit where credit is due!)

Click on ‘READ MORE’ for recipe and more pictures…but no more talking…I’m too busy eating!

Marshmallow Popcorn

3 bags microwave popcorn (pop and take out extra kernels)
2 sticks of butter
16 oz bag of marshmallows
1 cup brown sugar

Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar for 2 1/2 min. Take out and stir. Microwave again for 1 min. Repeat until it becomes thin enough to easily pour. Pour over popcorn and mix.

EAT! (and eat…and eat…and eat….)

marshamallow popcorn

marshamallow popcorn

marshamallow popcorn

marshamallow popcorn

Print Friendly
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter11Pin on Pinterest20,593Google+0

Comments

• Kim says

My theory is that food eaten while standing, cooking, or tasted from a child’s plate have not calories. Also, broken cookies have no calories since the calories have fallen out when the cookie broke.

This is MY story, and I’m sticking to it, too!

1. Nicholle C. says

Any idea about how many cups of unpopped kernals would be in 3 bags of microwave corn? I use an air-popper, and don’t buy the bags of microwave popcorn….

2. Jenn says

This is based off a Tupperware recipe. Theirs only calls for 2 bags of popcorn, 1 stick of butter, 10 large marshmallows, and 3/4 cup brown sugar. (I learned it when I was selling Tupperware years ago & it’s become my “assigned” treat to bring to work.)

3. Staci says

My kids and I didn’t go straight to the kitchen…we went straight to the store for the ingredients!! Lol! It sounded so good we wanted it now!! Yummy!! Thanks for posting!!

I’ve been making this recipe on the stove top since I was a little girl 40+ years ago. I use half the butter though. Now my children love it. Thanks for the microwave version! Blessings~Nancy

5. Patti says

I add crushed cashews to mine. My boys like to add m&ms, chocolate chips, etc…..

Just found this site yesterday and love it!!!

• Cynthia says

I plan on making this on Wednesday night, to take to the movies on Thursday. I know, you’re not supposed to take your own snacks in…so sue me! But I was only going to use 1 bag of popcorn. But then again, maybe I should use 2. I dunno…it may be too addicting for me and my sister-in-law to split one bag!