Quick and Easy Paper Easter Bags!

paper bag baskets

I don’t mean to alarm anyone….but….Easter is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! :-) Do you know where all your Easter stuff is? I have the hardest time trying to find where I put the plastic easter eggs and the Easter baskets from the year before! It never fails, I think I know where they are, then I go to look on the night before Easter and they are nowhere to be found. So I run to the store and everything is completely wiped out! ugh. I have done that on more occasions that I care to admit! But I’m getting side-tracked….and I’ve hardly even started this post yet! :-)

This quick and easy Easter craft involves two things I love! Paper bags and printing on stuff!

paper bag baskets

Brown (or white) paper bags are just so darned versatile! There are like a million things you can do with them. And I get this odd thrill when I can manage to run something through my printer besides paper.  I feel victorious!  Like I’ve managed to outwit the big printing companies who want me to PAY THEM to print on stuff. Ha! I can do it myself, thank you very much! :-)

I bought my printer a year and a half ago in an After Christmas clearance sale for $69, so I don’t worry too much about something I put in it doing much harm. But I have yet to have a problem with anything I’ve tried to print on. *knock on wood*

paper bag basket

I got the inspiration for these quick and easy Paper Bag Easter Baskets from this post by Lindy at Cottage Hill.  She has chickens and delivers farm fresh eggs to her neighbors in these. How cool is that? Almost makes me want to go out and buy some chicks and build a chicken coop. Almost.

paper bag baskets

When I first saw these I thought what a great idea for taking goodies to friends and neighbors, or for an Easter egg hunt, or as a last minute Easter egg basket (for those who can’t find where they put last year’s baskets! Not that I know anyone who would do that!) I bet you can think of even more good ideas! Like I said….paper bags are SO versatile.

Making one of these little bags is so easy I didn’t even bother making a “tutorial”. But I did make this handy dandy little graphic to show the basic steps.

paper bag basket

All you do is cut a curved section out of each side of the bag, and then take the two long pieces at the top and tape or glue them together to form the handle. Thus the name…QUICK and EASY Paper Bag Easter Baskets. :-)

To print on them all you do is find some cute Easter graphics and a few fun sayings and add them in your favorite photo editing program. For a complete tutorial on how to print on paper bags (and lots of other stuff!) you can CLICK HERE.

paper bag baskets

I just happened to have both brown and white paper lunch bags on hand, so I decided to print a few in color and a few in just black. I really couldn’t tell you which ones I like better! I like them both.

paper bag baskets

What do you think??

Share on Facebook40Tweet about this on Twitter5Pin on Pinterest2,074Google+1

Comments

1. Debbie says

Jillee, you amaze me at what creativity juices you have! I love following your blog and learning to do new things all the time! I love to cook and give away homemade goodies and these bags are perfect! I thank you for figuring out all the computer stuff, that would have been my biggest problem, and you’ve helped me solve it! May you have a wonderful Easter!
    Thanks,
    Debbie in B’ham

Why does only the picture copy and not the writing below it, like recipes, or the way to do things? Is there something with the printer that I bought . It prints your pictures of things, but not the how instructions below the pictures. I always have to write in what and how you are to do them or the ingredients. Thanks for a response. I’m getting writer’s cramp. Like all the soap and cleansers.

That is really odd…have you tried clicking on the “clean print” button above? You can customize your print settings there and you should be able to make sure the words still show up.

I was just looking for my Easter stuff yesterday. You guessed it. I cannot find the Easter baskets I use for the grandkids Easter Egg Hunt. I love the bag idea. I think I’ll personalize them. Thanks!

3. Stefanie says

These are so adorable. I’m not sure my printer would handle it but I’m for sure making note of this because I too love using paper bags.
    Love your blog btw ! :)

These “bagskets” are awesome. .one add.. unless I didn’t catch it in the post. .I cut squares of cardboard to fit the bottoms of the bags.. this stopped the bottoms from sagging.. (too much candy on the pre run) LOL. .but the cardboard helped.. you know .. all that cardboard you keep from shirts.. sheets.. t-shirts etc..

5. CTY says

These are adorable. The miser in me would print in black and I’d color by hand; better yet- let the kids color their own before the hunt. I think I’d tape the handle with wide packing tape all around to make it a little sturdier.
    I suspect we “lose things” so that we can craft/do something new & different. The only holiday I store for is Christmas (just tree decorations). It’s okay, I use compost friendly disposables & recyclables for everything else.
    Thanks soooo much. I am always on the look out for easy, fast, inexpensive & versatile.
    Happy Egg Hunting!

6. JILL S. says

You always have such great ideas! I love these bags! I will certainly be making some of these for Easter! I have other ideas and occasions, that I can use these also! I make ALL my own gifts for all holidays and for friends in nursing homes. Thanks so much for the project and the guide on how to cut the bags!

7. Jill S says

From another Jill S! (see above)……What a great idea, even if we DO know where everything is! I think the kids would enjoy them, and I like the thought someone gave about letting them color the picture. LOVE craft time with the family…..Thanks…….Blessings! Jill S in St Louis

8. Suzanne says

Thank you for this wonderful and sweet idea. Your photos and baskets came out so cute! Can’t wait to try this out w/ a group of kids this week.

9. mommyof3 says

i wonder if i could use the white paper bags with the twine handles? Or it would get stuck in printer….