How To Fold A T-Shirt Like A Pro! {Video}

T-shirt folding

Do I have a treat for you today!! Today’s “One Good Thing” is NOT by Jillee…but by a very talented singer-songwriter by the name of Skylar Grey who is going to share with us her super easy, super fast way to fold a t-shirt that will astonish you! No, really….it will!  Trust me on this one!

You might know Skylar from Eminem’s “Love The Way You Lie”, Dr. Dre’s “I Need A Doctor”, or Sean “Diddy” Combs “Coming Home”….all of which she co-wrote and performed on. She is debuting her solo album titled “Don’t Look Down” on July 9th.

skylar grey

I recently had the pleasure of having lunch with Skylar and my nephew/business partner Scott and while we were enjoying our salads she told me about her “one good thing” – a quick and easy method of folding t-shirts. I was intrigued and wanted to know more, so right there in the restaurant we cleared off a table and she showed us.

It pretty much blew my mind and I couldn’t wait to share it with you!

I took some pictures of the process for reference (which are posted below), but it really has to be seen to be believed, so Skylar agreed to shoot a short video of her doing her t-shirt voodoo magic!

Today in honor of her new single, ‘Wear Me Out”, that was just released yesterday….I bring you “How To Fold A T-Shirt Like A Pro!”

Amazing huh!?!?  Don’t worry if you didn’t quite catch how it’s done the first time. I had to have her show me about 10 times before I finally GOT it. But now I can do it so fast you’d be amazed! :-)

Here are a few pictures of the process for reference…but the best way to master this technique is through practice!  Pretty soon you’ll be amazing all your friends with this trick!

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

Photos by Anna Gleave

Jill and Skylar

Thanks Skylar for sharing YOUR “One Good Thing” with us!

Print Friendly
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter47Pin on Pinterest5.2kGoogle+0

1. Esmer says

It’s time to re-re-arrange my husbands t-shirt drawer. I’m gonna try this right now. I think it’s gonna make for better usage of space. Thanks Skylar & Jillee! B-)

• Susan says

I’m doing it also…and I LOVE that chair behind Skylar…where did she get it? I’d love one!

2. Karen J says

I have been using this method for a couple years now. I saw it on another blog by a Japanese gal who stated that is how they do it. Very fast and neat.

3. Stephanie A. says

OK………….you’re right! I was thinking, ” I think I know how this is going to go.” But no……………you totally amazed me and now I’m going to go fold all those t-shirts that have been piled on my dryer waiting to be loved! :) Thanks!

I fold my shirts similar to that but on in one big swoop, buy almost to a swoop. Ironically my husband likes his shirts folded a different way. It would be easier if I could do it just one swoop full way. I will have to try it like this. Thanks!

5. Wayne says

Looks EZ. By chance will it work with long sleeve or baseball style t-shirts where sleeve ends near elbow?

6. Wendy says

That is really cool! It also looks very much like what Martha Stewart learned in prison. I haven’t seen the MS in a while but I do know it is very different.

7. Barbara says

I wish it wasn’t 6am, and I didn’t have to go to work, because I want to try this now! I wonder how many times I will have to watch the video before I master the technique? Thanks Skylar Grey and Jillee.

8. RuthEddy says

Wow, so simple. Who taught you that or did you figure it out on your own, Skylar?
    Hope that this old dog can learn your new trick.

• K says

this has been around for many years. Think there was an Asian girl doing it back then.

This is the most amazing thing I have seen in ages!! Two days ago I was complaining about ironing a huge stack of T-shirts, none of which were mine. For the first time EVER I can’t wait for the next pile so that I can perfect this technique! (Yes life is dull at the mo, lol)
    Love your voice, Skylar, best wishes for your single and album : D

• LeeAnn S. says

Who irons T-shirts? Blech! I iron as LITTLE as possible. Hang/fold everything right out of the dryer. If something I want to wear is wrinkled, I iron it then. Or choose something else to wear. ;)