How To Fold A T-Shirt Like A Pro! {Video}

T-shirt folding

Do I have a treat for you today!! Today’s “One Good Thing” is NOT by Jillee…but by a very talented singer-songwriter by the name of Skylar Grey who is going to share with us her super easy, super fast way to fold a t-shirt that will astonish you! No, really….it will!  Trust me on this one!

You might know Skylar from Eminem’s “Love The Way You Lie”, Dr. Dre’s “I Need A Doctor”, or Sean “Diddy” Combs “Coming Home”….all of which she co-wrote and performed on. She is debuting her solo album titled “Don’t Look Down” on July 9th.

skylar grey

I recently had the pleasure of having lunch with Skylar and my nephew/business partner Scott and while we were enjoying our salads she told me about her “one good thing” – a quick and easy method of folding t-shirts. I was intrigued and wanted to know more, so right there in the restaurant we cleared off a table and she showed us.

It pretty much blew my mind and I couldn’t wait to share it with you!

I took some pictures of the process for reference (which are posted below), but it really has to be seen to be believed, so Skylar agreed to shoot a short video of her doing her t-shirt voodoo magic!

Today in honor of her new single, ‘Wear Me Out”, that was just released yesterday….I bring you “How To Fold A T-Shirt Like A Pro!”

Amazing huh!?!?  Don’t worry if you didn’t quite catch how it’s done the first time. I had to have her show me about 10 times before I finally GOT it. But now I can do it so fast you’d be amazed! :-)

Here are a few pictures of the process for reference…but the best way to master this technique is through practice!  Pretty soon you’ll be amazing all your friends with this trick!

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

T-shirt folding

Photos by Anna Gleave

Ta-da!

Jill and Skylar

Thanks Skylar for sharing YOUR “One Good Thing” with us!

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter47Pin on Pinterest4,555Google+3

Comments

This is the most amazing thing I have seen in ages!! Two days ago I was complaining about ironing a huge stack of T-shirts, none of which were mine. For the first time EVER I can’t wait for the next pile so that I can perfect this technique! (Yes life is dull at the mo, lol)
    Love your voice, Skylar, best wishes for your single and album : D

• LeeAnn S. says

Who irons T-shirts? Blech! I iron as LITTLE as possible. Hang/fold everything right out of the dryer. If something I want to wear is wrinkled, I iron it then. Or choose something else to wear. ;)

2. RuthEddy says

Wow, so simple. Who taught you that or did you figure it out on your own, Skylar?
    Hope that this old dog can learn your new trick.
    :-)

• K says

this has been around for many years. Think there was an Asian girl doing it back then.

3. Barbara says

I wish it wasn’t 6am, and I didn’t have to go to work, because I want to try this now! I wonder how many times I will have to watch the video before I master the technique? Thanks Skylar Grey and Jillee.

4. Wendy says

That is really cool! It also looks very much like what Martha Stewart learned in prison. I haven’t seen the MS in a while but I do know it is very different.

5. Wayne says

Looks EZ. By chance will it work with long sleeve or baseball style t-shirts where sleeve ends near elbow?

I fold my shirts similar to that but on in one big swoop, buy almost to a swoop. Ironically my husband likes his shirts folded a different way. It would be easier if I could do it just one swoop full way. I will have to try it like this. Thanks!

7. Stephanie A. says

OK………….you’re right! I was thinking, ” I think I know how this is going to go.” But no……………you totally amazed me and now I’m going to go fold all those t-shirts that have been piled on my dryer waiting to be loved! :) Thanks!

8. Karen J says

I have been using this method for a couple years now. I saw it on another blog by a Japanese gal who stated that is how they do it. Very fast and neat.

9. Esmer says

It’s time to re-re-arrange my husbands t-shirt drawer. I’m gonna try this right now. I think it’s gonna make for better usage of space. Thanks Skylar & Jillee! B-)

• Susan says

I’m doing it also…and I LOVE that chair behind Skylar…where did she get it? I’d love one!