When it comes to the telltale signs of aging such as dullness, dryness, and dark spots, using the right cleanser is a must. Cleansing is a crucial aspect of caring for your skin, because clean skin is much more receptive to other products and ingredients than oily or makeup-covered skin.
Why Aging Skin Needs More Than A Basic Cleanser
As we age and our skin loses elasticity, its oil production slows too, and dryness often makes wrinkles appear deeper and more pronounced. For that reason, aging skin benefits from cleansers that do more than just clean—ideally, they should also help to hydrate skin and improve its texture.
Harsh cleansers and soaps, on the other hand, do remove dirt, but they often strip away natural oils too. Using these types of cleansers can lead to rough, dehydrated skin, which I don’t think anyone is looking for!
Purifying Daily Cleanser: The Perfect Cleanser For Aging Skin
I took all of those factors into consideration when I started my search for the perfect daily cleanser to include in my Timeless by Jillee skincare system. I knew I wanted a cleanser that would leave my skin feeling clean, moisturized, and vibrant, but it also had to be gentle enough that it wouldn’t aggravate my sensitive skin.
The first time I tried what would eventually become my Purifying Daily Cleanser, I knew I’d found what I was looking for. This gentle cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft, clean, and (dare I say) dewy. Other cleansers left my skin feeling dry, tight, and raw, so it was refreshing (both literally and figuratively) to use a cleanser that actually felt good to use.
What’s In It?
This Purifying Daily Cleanser has a water-based formula, so it’s great for washing away dirt and sweat, or as the second step in a double cleansing routine. Here’s a quick look at its other beneficial ingredients:
- Glycerin: Draws moisture from the air to hydrate and soften skin.
- Vitamin B3: Minimizes the appearance of pores, improves skin texture and tone, and restores and protects skin’s defenses.
- Urea: Draws moisture from the air while also acting as an emollient for softer, smoother skin.
- Cucumber Extract: Hydrates, protects, and soothes skin with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
How To Use It
In the morning, dispense one pump of this cleanser into wet hands and rub them together to create a lather. Cleanse skin thoroughly, then rinse well and gently pat your face dry with a clean towel.
At night, I recommend using this Purifying Daily Cleanser as the second step of a double cleansing routine. Everything you need to know about double cleansing (and my favorite Nourishing Oil Cleanser) can be found in my guide to double cleansing here.
What Are People Saying About Purifying Daily Cleanser?
I’m not the only one enjoying the benefits of using a cleanser that has more to offer for aging skin! Take a look at what other users have said about it:
- “Wowza!!! I’m very particular about the skin products that I use, especially on my face and neck. I decided to try Jillee’s Purifying Daily Cleanser and what a wonderful surprise! This feels so fresh and is easily equal or better than the VERY expensive botanical product that I’ve been using.” – Kelly C.
- “Best cleanser ever for mature skin! I’m 66 years old with fair skin, fine wrinkles and sun damage. Within a week of using this cleanser my skin was hydrated, fewer wrinkles, and a more even skin tone.” – Lee M.
- “I am a senior in my early 70s and always interested in how to make my face feel very clean and comfortable without using harsh chemicals. I like the all natural products in the Daily Cleanser and would strongly recommend it.” – Shay
Learn More About Timeless By Jillee
Get the inside scoop on the rest of the Timeless by Jillee skincare system by checking out these blog posts: