It all started with a sticker.
I bought a “new to me” clothes washer last week because my ancient one finally bit the dust. I found it in an online classified ad and brought it home and installed it all by own self because the hubster was half way around the world on a business trip. (Does anyone else suffer from this syndrome? Dad/husband is away….so all hell decides to break loose!?!? Please say it’s not just me!)
Anyway, the washer is a GEM! It has hardly ever been used, works GREAT, and looks like it’s brand new! The only thing that was bothering me about it was a small 2 inch square sticker stuck to the front of it. Something from the manufacturer that was just never taken off. I was lamenting the fact that our bottle of “Goo Be Gone” was…well….gone, when I discovered something under my sink that I didn’t even realize I had!
It’s called Sol-U-Mel and it’s made by EcoSense. I honestly had no idea where it even came from and then I remembered a long time ago someone giving me a box of cleaning products from a line they were selling. I think it was one of my sisters, (I can’t even recall that for sure) and I think my husband just ended up putting it all under our kitchen sink and there it has sat.
Since I needed some sort of “solvent” to get the sticker off…the name “Sol-U-Mel” sounded promising. :-) Sure enough, it took the sticker off in a snap!As a matter of fact, it was SUCH a snap that the wheels inside my brain immediately started spinning……………………..
Several weeks ago I wrote a post about how my “miracle cleaner“ had made old cookie sheets of mine that I had long since given up on look like (almost) new again. A LOT of people commented on it and tried it themselves with great success! However, there were a few that lamented it just wasn’t working as well for them and even *I* hadn’t had COMPLETE success because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get the REALLY TOUGH STUFF in the corners and on the sides to budge! So I pulled out the cookie sheets that I had worked on before and decided to see what this bottle of stuff I found under my sink could do.
Well, here’s what it did:
Not bad huh??!! I was pleased as punch at these results and was ready to put all my cleaning supplies away and call it a night when I spied one of my WORST cookie sheets peeking out at me from the cupboard. It was calling out to me! HELP me! lol! OK, not really, but once I noticed it sitting there looking so forlorn and unloved…I just couldn’t help seeing if maybe, just maybe, this Sol-U-Mel could show this pan a little love too. I admit it…I am a bit obsessive when it comes to things like this (OK…a LOT obsessive), but I’ve learned to just go with it. :-) And this time it paid off! Big time!
Point of information: I ended up using steel wool to get the hardest stuff off…and it took a pretty heavy dose of elbow grease to get it to shine like that….but definitely doable!
Also, before I started I checked the ingredients on the bottle to make sure it wasn’t something toxic (I really have been trying to make the switch to natural cleaners in general) and it listed Melaleuca Oil, soap and green tincture. After some research I discovered that another name for Melaleuca Oil is……Tea Tree Oil!One article I read about this product swears that using a combination of Tea Tree Oil and some Dr. Brommer’s Castile Soap will yield the same results! Haven’t personally tested this out yet….but I guarantee I WILL!And then I, of course, will pass it on to all of you. :-) I was just too excited about these results to wait and post this.
I have to say, each time I look at the picture of those shiny pans….I’m a little stunned. I NEVER thought they would come clean…and yet they did…and without harmful chemicals! Very cool……….