For months I have been hearing bits and pieces about how aspirin is actually good for your face????
As in take two and it won’t hurt so bad when you look in the mirror??? :-)
I had no idea what aspirin could actually do for your face until I finally stumbled across this “beauty secret” from Doctor Oz! (as in Mehmet.)
His Aspirin and Lemon Juice concoction is great for your complexion because the aspirin contains salicylic acid which acts like a chemical peel and the lemon juice has Vitamin C which helps minimize sun damage. Sounds like just the ticket to me!
Dr Oz Aspirin and Lemon Juice Flawless Skin Home Remedy:
– non-coated aspirin (coated is fine too, just takes longer to dissolve.)
– fresh lemon juice
– baking soda
1. Mash up 6-12 non-coated aspirins and combine with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
2. Let the aspirin dissolve until it turns into a paste.
3. Apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the face mask by dipping a cotton round in some baking soda and some water.
Simple huh? Can’t wait to try it!
What’s the benefit to doing this over some topical salcylic acid treatment that you don’t have to mix yourself?
Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid): decomposes to salicylic acid which increases cell exfoliation and is anti-bacterial
Lemon juice: Citric acid wards off oxidation (like the browning of an apple slice)
Baking soda: neutralizes the acidic lemon juice in the event you would get it into your eyes
Q: How often do you apply this, once a week?
A: 1-2 times a week. (Not recommended for sensitive skin. Might be too drying.)
Q: I could not find un-coated aspirin so I used coated. Will the coating harm my face?
A: Coated aspirin is fine. Just takes longer to dissolve. Un-coated is actually fairly hard to find.