DIY Wrinkle-Release Spray

No time to iron?? On vacation and forgot to pack your iron?? Hate to iron? Don’t OWN an iron??

Here is a SIMPLE do-it-yourself wrinkle-release spray you can mix up in minutes and save yourself a bundle compared to commercial brands.

DIY Wrinkle-Release Spray

1/3 cup liquid fabric softener (homemade or otherwise)
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup water

Directions:
Mix your three ingredients and pour them into a spray bottle. Then take your wrinkled garment, place it on a hanger, spray generously on clothing then tug and pull item to smooth. Hang or lay flat to dry. If you are in a rush, toss it in the dryer for a few minutes after misting, and you’re good to go!

Unwrinkling your clothes without plugging in the iron is today’s…..

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter11Pin on Pinterest5,406Google+4

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Hi! Just wanted to tell you that I started doing something similar a few months ago. Even though I take my husband's dress shirts promptly out of the dryer and hang them up, they still didn't look as good as they could. (I could iron them…) I took a laundry spray bottle, filled it with distilled water (we have really hard water), and lightly misted over each shirt that I put ona clothes hanger hung over the shower curtain rod. Then I smooth out each shirt and button the 2nd button and let them air for a few hours. This makes them look so much better! I didn't add the fabric softener or vinegar but I get excellent results. This really is easy and goes so fast. Much simpler than dragging out the ironing board and spending 5 minutes ironing each shirt.

2. Jenny@vegetaraianhatesvegetables says

I was searching for my iron the other day and realized I haven't used it for months. I love my life.

3. Mindy says

I have only recently found your blog and and I have to say I LOVE your stuff! I hate to iron (and my husband refuses to do it), so this will be HUGE for us! Thank you so much for posting all of your wonderful recipes and money saving (and earth friendly) ideas! I will be making this over the week end.

4. Carrie says

Seriously??? This is the BEST! I use the wrinkle stuff every day but at almost $8 a bottle I almost went back to ironing! EEEEK!

5. Anonymous says

i never grate soap. To make homemade soap flakes, put a bar of soap on a glass plate and microwave for 90 seconds or so. Let cool and crumble. This works with Fels Naptha too and you get surprised by the unique shapes it makes. I clean a lot of things with homemade soap flakes and a bucket of hot water, cheap and no toxic chemicals.

6. Sarah says

I've been making my own wrinkle release for awhile now, and I love it! Instead of using the vinegar, I add more water and a couple of tablespoons of rubbing alcohol. The alcohol helps it dry quickly, and doesn't leave an odor. Thanks for all your amazing tips Jill! I made my own dishwasher detergent today, and I've already called my friends and family to rave about it. I'm glad I can copy someone that saves me money and makes me look good. :)