DIY Wrinkle-Release Spray

No time to iron?? On vacation and forgot to pack your iron?? Hate to iron? Don’t OWN an iron??

Here is a SIMPLE do-it-yourself wrinkle-release spray you can mix up in minutes and save yourself a bundle compared to commercial brands.

DIY Wrinkle-Release Spray

1/3 cup liquid fabric softener (homemade or otherwise)
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup water

Directions:
Mix your three ingredients and pour them into a spray bottle. Then take your wrinkled garment, place it on a hanger, spray generously on clothing then tug and pull item to smooth. Hang or lay flat to dry. If you are in a rush, toss it in the dryer for a few minutes after misting, and you’re good to go!

Unwrinkling your clothes without plugging in the iron is today’s…..

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter11Pin on Pinterest5,138Google+3

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Hi! Just wanted to tell you that I started doing something similar a few months ago. Even though I take my husband's dress shirts promptly out of the dryer and hang them up, they still didn't look as good as they could. (I could iron them…) I took a laundry spray bottle, filled it with distilled water (we have really hard water), and lightly misted over each shirt that I put ona clothes hanger hung over the shower curtain rod. Then I smooth out each shirt and button the 2nd button and let them air for a few hours. This makes them look so much better! I didn't add the fabric softener or vinegar but I get excellent results. This really is easy and goes so fast. Much simpler than dragging out the ironing board and spending 5 minutes ironing each shirt.

2. Mindy says

I have only recently found your blog and and I have to say I LOVE your stuff! I hate to iron (and my husband refuses to do it), so this will be HUGE for us! Thank you so much for posting all of your wonderful recipes and money saving (and earth friendly) ideas! I will be making this over the week end.

3. Anonymous says

i never grate soap. To make homemade soap flakes, put a bar of soap on a glass plate and microwave for 90 seconds or so. Let cool and crumble. This works with Fels Naptha too and you get surprised by the unique shapes it makes. I clean a lot of things with homemade soap flakes and a bucket of hot water, cheap and no toxic chemicals.

4. Sarah says

I've been making my own wrinkle release for awhile now, and I love it! Instead of using the vinegar, I add more water and a couple of tablespoons of rubbing alcohol. The alcohol helps it dry quickly, and doesn't leave an odor. Thanks for all your amazing tips Jill! I made my own dishwasher detergent today, and I've already called my friends and family to rave about it. I'm glad I can copy someone that saves me money and makes me look good. :)

5. April says

I used my favorite smelling fabric softener and, even though it made me super nervous, the amount of white vinegar that was called for. And water, of course. Coming out of the bottle I can smell the vinegar but I hung up a shirt and went back to it ten minutes later to test the scent and all I smell is a slightly stronger version of my fabric softener. Which is to say the clothes smell amazing. Not to mention it really does dewrinkle the clothes. Thank you for giving me the tools to make a product I so often desperately need but can’t afford. My throwing-clothes-on-the-floor-daily husband thanks you as well.

6. Ina says

Thank you so much for this! I went to a wedding recently, and my aunt used her spray to dewrinkle her dress and I almost coulnn’t believe it! My husband is in the Navy so I wash white t shirts for his uniform ALL the time and if I forget them in the dryer, that’s about an hour of ironing t shirts (easier SAID than DONE!!), and this saves mw so much time and trouble!
    Now if there could be a spray for ironing in those seams that have to be in his uniform slacks and blouses!! ;)

7. Jolene says

Jillee, I have made so many of your DIY things. Thanks so much! I buy wrinkle release spray endlessly. I tried this but for some reason I smelled of vinegar all day! It was really bad. I swear I followed the recipie. Maybe I’ll just put a bit more of the other stuff in there.

8. rosie says

I love this! My ironing skills leave a lot to be desired, I always seems to leave creases where they don’t belong. living in south Florida and not particularly loving my hips and thighs I’ve taken to wearing skorts. Which are an extra challenge to get the wrinkles out because of the attached layer. This works like a charm! Makes my preferred style easy to wash and wear.

9. Barb says

I have been making my own for a few years now, but I just use water and liquid fabric softener and it works well. I was just wondering what the vinegar does for it? I do intend to try it next time with the vinegar to see if it makes any difference. I would be interested to know if anyone knows the purpose of the vinegar.

10. Christine says

Thank you so much for all of the great tips and homemade solutions that you post!! You are such an amazing woman to share these :) I look forward to the time I can spend scoping out your past articles every week to add new items in my DIY homemade cleaning arsenal. I have used so far the Laundry Soap (super easy method), the fabric softener (i buy the white rain or suave scented varities – what ever is on sale) I also occasionally add a tablespoon of vanilla or cut off some of my rosemary and boil it in the water to give it a heavenly scent. I have made your DIY Shout and this weekend tried the window cleaner. ALL work amazing and I have said goodbye to name brands and hello to all the money I am saving…. Now I just need to find a good recipe and supplier for Shampoo and conditioner lol.

11. BlueJae says

I’ve been using about a cup of water and a small squirt of hair conditioner, mix well and it works pretty good as a wrinkle releaser I don’t usually have fabric softener on hand but I might borrow some from my mom and give this recipe a try.

12. Anja says

I tried this, and my clothes definitely still smelled like vinegar after they dried. It’s faint, but definitely there, even after hanging over night. What purpose does the vinegar play in this recipe and can you just leave it out all together? I think I will try adding more water and fabric softener to the mix to salvage this batch. I also may try the rubbing alcohol suggestion someone left for next time.

13. RC says

You do need to add the vinegar. I made another type that only used water and fabric softener and it does not work as well. Without the vinegar I had to tug and pull several times to get the wrinkles out. Thanks for the DIY recipes. I love them!

14. tracy says

I made this wrinkle release tonight ….it really works just wondering if you could add some body spray to it for a nice scent? Also have you researched making your own essential oils? Thank you for all your amazing creations I have made all of your homemade laundry products and love them… made the homemade dish soap tonight I love it I added a tish of dawn for color and it also helped to make bubbles for those who have the need as my husband does!

Thanks again!