Frozen Yogurt-Covered Blueberry Bites!

I know….I know….I admit it…I definitely have a frozen yogurt problem. :-)

Every time I see a new way to freeze and eat yogurt…I completely lose my ability to think rationally! I become a one track mind, blinders-wearing, woman on a mission until I have appeased my curiosity/craving for this new treat!

So to those of you who aren’t really big fans of yogurt, frozen or otherwise, I apologize. Let me know what I can do to make it up to you. :-)

fluffimama.blogspot.com

I have to thank Fluffimama from Adventures of a Fluffimama for these mouth-watering, refreshing, creamy, sweet, tart, icy, heavenly bites! This is the picture I first saw on Pinterest that sucked me in…hook, line and sinker. I mean what’s not to love???

I LOVE Greek YogurtI LOVE blueberries
and I LOVE frozen stuff. :-)

And putting these little babies together is about as simple as it gets…although a tad time-consuming. But I actually enjoyed the time I spent doing this. I found myself in a Zen state of mind…clearing away the mental clutter while I dipped and swirled. :-)

Here’s how to make your own Frozen Yogurt-Covered Blueberry Bites:

Stick a berry with a bamboo skewer (a toothpick would work too) and dip/swirl it in the yogurt. Then ease it off the end of the skewer and onto a cookie sheet. It’s easier to do this if you just barely stick the berry onto the skewer.

Keep dipping and swirling until all of the blueberries are gone or you run out of yogurt (like I did) …and put them in the freezer. I couldn’t believe how FAST these things froze! Literally like 10 or 15 minutes. But I would recommend leaving them in for an hour initially and then pop them off the cookie sheet and into a plastic container or baggie.

Look how many blueberry bites I was able to make with one little carton of blueberries!

Ohhhh…and the taste!! I can only describe them as cold and creamy with a surprise tart and juicy center!  Soooooo good!

Definitely MY kind of treat!  I  hope it will be yours too! :-)

Facebook425Twitter19Pinterest37206Google+3

Comments

1. Jill Nystul says

Another Arrow…I just tried this tonight and it was DIVINE! I still love the little frozen hard bites…but this is Grrrrrreat! Thank you!

Anony….I used plain yogurt. It says "honey" on it…but not vanilla.

Denise…..YAY indeed!!!!! LOVE blueberries!!!!

Susan…thank you!! :-))

2. Terra says

Love it! I have a few questions if anyone wants to test for me. What are they like when they start to thaw and how long would it take for them to thaw? I'm wondering if it'd be a great snack/treat for my son to take to school for his snack. Thanks, Terra

I would have to agree with Andrea below….these would not “last” until lunch time. They defrost quite quickly! But they sure are good when you’re eating them right out of the freezer! :-) Just made a whole big batch tonight. I can’t get enough of these gems!

3. Anonymous says

I can't wait to try these! Thanks for the idea. I've been eating the plain greek yogurt (way more protein than 'regular' yogurt and less sugar than the flavored if those are important to anyone) with some splenda and frozen berries added for quite some time but hadn't thought of freezing it like you described. Great Summer treat!

4. Andrea says

I made these last night…totally awesome! My 2 girls were eating them as I was dipping the blueberries. In response to Terra who was wondering if they would last…I’m thinking they are going to be a gooey mess. I tried to pull a cup of them from the freezer to see how they would “unfreeze”(as I hate to eat frozen blueberries). Kept in the fridge the yogurt got gummy, but didn’t melt into a puddle, and it only takes a little while for them to thaw. Still a nice healthy snack for my kiddos and me.

5. Apryl says

My 4 yr old walked up as I was checking out this idea and told me these were her favorite….. (even though she has never had them before) so I decided to give them a try. I was a little unimpressed when I saw the small clam shell of blueberries was $5.99 and they were tiny! So I headed to the frozen section to find my only option for the frozen blueberries came in a 50lb bag (give or take 45lbs) and those were almost $11. I wasnt gonna give up that easy when my daughter was so excited to try them. So I grabbed a mixed berry bag with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and of course the blueberries. Im not so impressed with the blackberry blobs, but the others were great! I will definitely remember this idea when all the berries are in season and dont cost a fortune!

6. Nancy says

We have blueberry bushes, so there are always plenty of blueberries in my freezer. I will try these, because I know my grandchildren will love it…they already like to eat the berries frozen or fresh!

Hi, was wanting to make these for my toddler but then was thinking how the heck do you actually eat the frozen blueberries?? I have never tried to eat one frozen, do you just eat them right out of the fridge or let them thaw a little?? Anyone given these to their younger children? thanks!

8. Zeva says

I just picked up some blueberried and yogurt. I am on my way to the kitchen now to put some together. I have strawberry greek yogurt, but I am sure it will be just as delish!
    Thanks for the inspiring post. I’m always looking for new healthy snacks.

9. michelle says

Do you know how to make yogurt covered (anything) that doesn’t require freezing. I just love yogurt covered pretzels from the store. I need to learn to make those, any one know how???

Thanks!!!

10. Jean says

Delicious summer snack! I used Publix Organic Frozen Blueberries, Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Yogurt, & a couple of packets of Splenda to sweeten the yogurt up just a tad. I made them in small batches, one cup at a time, so some of the blueberries ended up thawing out while I was waiting on the previous batch to freeze. The frozen berries work so much better and are nowhere near as messy as the thawed berries were. The thawed berries would not stay on the skewer I used at all. And they were so juicy. Just a total mess! I have some frozen strawberries and pineapple that I got for making smoothies. I wonder how they would turn out.