Creamy Frozen Yogurt Chips

frozen yogurt chips

A few months ago I posted a simple idea called “Frozen Yogurt Dots” and little did I know how the idea would EXPLODE! People went bonkers for these little bites of creamy deliciousness. As a matter of fact, that post has been pinned on Pinterest over 572,000 times! I kid you not! :-)

If you read through the more than 120 comments you’ll see that a great deal of the interest came from Mom’s who were thrilled they were able to get their little ones to eat something “good for them” without them even realizing it. :-) They really are like “healthy candy”!

Ever since then I have tried to figure out an even SIMPLER version of the same idea that I could make in several different flavors of yogurt to keep on hand in the freezer for quick summertime treats. But I had apparently reached the limits of my creativity in this area because nothing was coming to me…..until last week……when TWO things happened.

First, I did a post about Florida Orange Juice which inspired me to create these Mini Orange Yogurt Pops (which I can’t stop eating!)…..and second, I stumbled across these awesome miniature “ice trays” in the grocery store when I was looking for plastic straws. Adorable right?

(I have had many emails asking where to find the mini ice cube trays. Like I said above, I found mine in my local Kroger chain grocery store in the paper products aisle. But I also just found some that are almost identical on Amazon.com for anyone who is interested. Here is the link.)

frozen yogurt chips

I immediately knew what I wanted to do with them. Inspired by my Mini Orange Yogurt Pops…I took a few different flavors of yogurt (strawberry, blueberry, and vanilla)and combined them with just enough orange juice to make them a pourable consistency, then filled the mini trays and stuck them in the freezer.

Approximately one hour later…..“Creamy Frozen Yogurt Chips” were born. :-)

And once again…I can’t stop eating them! I have decided I must suffer from some FROZEN FOOD deficiency because I truly do LOVE frozen treats of ALL kinds! (And I have the Pinterest board to prove it!) :-)

Anyway…that is my latest foray into frozen treats creation and I apologize that you have to suffer through yet another post about it! But hey….in the words of Betty Rizzo…“there are worse things I could do!”  ;-)

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Facebook158Twitter5Pinterest6572Google+0

Comments

1. Alisa says

I suffer with a frozen food deficiency also. I can’t sleep if I don’t have some frozen red grapes each night as a bedtime snack!
    I will have to try these yogurt bites this week!
    Thanks for great ideas !

2. Patricia Williams says

Oh, my! I have become addicted to frozen yogurt this year as well. These are the perfect solution to why cravings for frozen delights. And – I already have the ice trays picked up for another experiment. Thank you!!!

3. Judy Ann says

Oh my gosh Jillee! Brilliant! Who wouldn’t love these! My favorite yogurt is the Coco Rico Los Fat (Publix brand), and that would be soooooo good frozen. I like the Publix Vanilla yogurt as well. I eat it with animal crackers or teddy grahams LOL sooo good.
    Thanks for all the great ideas and “recipes”.

Hi Jillee

I came across you website a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! Frozen yogurt chips will be great for me because I am diabetic and I am always looking for carb friendly frozen treats. Thanks again!

Kayshaun

5. Lisa says

My MIL introduced my 3 year old twins to frozen ice cream dibs (they loved them because they are not allowed to eat those types of things and never had something like that). I think they mostly love the idea of small frozen treats-not so much the content. I am going to make these as a “treat” and I know they will love them, love me, and feel special-even though I would give them to them anytime. Plus this is faster and easier than the dots and I have very little time with my 2 “helpers”! Love it, it is going to be hot here again this week, these will be on our menu.
    Thanks!!!

I don’t have a newsletter….yet. But you can subscribe to get daily emails. Look at the top of the website on the right hand side and enter your email address and you will be subscribed! Let me know if you have any problems! :-)

6. Jenn says

We’ve made something similar to this in the summer with different flavored waters, but the ice trays we were using were so small. I want to try your idea with the ice trays you have pictured but haven’t been able to find them. Did you happen to find them in a national chain grocery store?

Love your website. All your ideas are very do-able and your writing always makes me smile.

Thanks Jenn. I’m so happy you like the website! :-)

I found the little cubette trays at my local Kroger chain grocery store. But I did also find them available on Amazon.com and have added a link to the post above.

Hope this helps. :-)

7. Lauren says

I nearly bumped into these mini trays on the end of an aisle at Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday! I hadn’t planned to try this out, but since they were *right* there & only $3 for two…. ;)

Crock pot plain greek yogurt + pureed pears + mini ice trays = happy baby girl at snack time tomorrow!