Ever since the weather started turning colder…we have been going through a LOT of hot chocolate at our house! We USED to be a Swiss Miss family until last December when I discovered this semi-homemade version of hot chocolate that we fell in love with! It’s SO good once you try it, you will never want to go back to the store-bought stuff again!
Case in point: the hubster recently got back from a business trip to Calgary, Canada. While he was there he went to a restaurant called Tim Horton’s that is supposedly famous for their hot chocolate. He said THAT hot chocolate didn’t hold a candle to THIS.
That convinced me it was time to re-introduce our favorite hot chocolate to those of you who missed it the first time around.
Jillee’s Family’s Favorite Semi-Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups powdered milk
- 21.8 oz box Nestle Nesquik (you could substitute the homemade Nesquik, I just haven’t tried it yet.)
- 16 oz instant coffee creamer
- 1 cup powdered sugar (you can adjust this to taste. I like it a little less sweet and this amount is perfect).
Mix all of this together in a big bowl. (Trust me on this one!) Pour into a storage jar or canister. To make a mug of cocoa, fill it with water or milk and heat in the microwave. Add 3-5 heaping tablespoons of mix to the cup and stir well.
Some the things I like most about this mix:
- #1 It mixes into hot milk or water wonderfully! No little globs of unincorporated hot chocolate mix floating on top.
- #2 It’s the perfect sweetness!
- #3 Like your hot chocolate with a normal amount of creaminess? Add 3 heaping tablespoons of mix. Like it EXTRA creamy? Add 5 tablespoons. It’s very customizable.
- #4 It is THE PERFECT compliment to buttered toast in the morning. :-) Especially English Muffin Bread! One of my favorite breakfasts!
- #5 It makes a GREAT gift! Especially at Christmastime. For a neighbor or teacher, fill a mason jar with mix and attach a tag. For someone you’re closer to, make a whole big batch and put it in a beautiful glass canister. Trust me, they will LOVE you! :-)
Be sure to check out the new
Start a conversation…meet a new friend…discuss an idea…or just hang out!
See ya there!