DIY Makeup Remover Cloths – UPDATE!

homemade wipes

A few days ago I posted about making your own makeup remover cloths. I like taking makeup off with them, but they are pricey!

The idea intrigued me and I was almost out of my store-bought package…so I HAD to give it a try! (CLICK HERE to go to the original post for instructions.)

It was SOOO easy to do!

Here is my photo tutorial of the process.

Makeup Remover ClothsMakeup Remover ClothsMakeup Remover ClothsMakeup Remover ClothsMakeup Remover Cloths

TADA!  Finished product!

And I LOVE the way they make my face feel!! Coconut oil is AMAZING!  (I got mine from Tropical Traditions but they have started carrying it LOTS of other places…including Costco.)

Makeup Remover Cloths

It kind of looks like shortening when you scoop it out…but just a few seconds in the microwave with some warm water and melts into this soft, silky-feeling mixture. I really ♥ it!   I think next time I might add a few drops of some essential oil of some sort, just to give it a “nice smell”.  Right now there is virtually no smell.  Which is OK too. :-)

These would also make great baby wipes!

OK…that’s all I got.  I just couldn’t wait to share my “success story”!  Give it a try!!!  The $$ savings are phenomenal! (I’d figure it out…..but I have an aversion to calculators!)  :-)

Share on Facebook75Tweet about this on Twitter1Pin on Pinterest6,160Google+3

Comments

1. Anonymous says

looks like a great idea — i spend a lot of money on m/up remover items – can we have the exact recipe and how-to-do please????thanks

2. Anonymous says

Jill, you have some really amazing stuff. I used to have a book called Adrianne Arpels Home Remedies for everything from homemade shampoo to facials. I love this. Thanks!!
    Terry

3. Laura says

I would like to get this recipe, but when I click on the link, it takes me to one of your mom’s recipes. Please correct link so I can get the recipe. Thanks

• Jillee says

Links have been fixed. Thanks for letting me know Laura. Things are a little wonky since making the switch from one website host to another.

• Nicole says

I am attempting to view the link for the recipe but it just takes me back to this page when I click it. Is there another way to get it to it?

• Jen says

Same thing is happening to me. I can’t get to the original post with the recipe. It all leads back to this page.

4. IzzyCal says

Coconut oil is great on your skin, it’s the most common skin moisturizer in the tropics, I use it in my lotion for face and body, it also makes a great deep conditioner for hair: apply, let sit for at least 15 minutes, then shampoo. It helps get rid of itchy scalp. I have made an effort to use as many all natural products as possible, and in order to save money, I make my own. The chemicals in most commercial products can be toxic, so why put it on your skin? I love saving money and doing something good for my health, it’s a win-win!

5. Courtney says

I am having trouble getting the recipe. I click and it doesn’t take me to it. Please help! I am excited to do this myself, as make-up remover wipes are so expensive! Thanks.

6. julie says

Hi! I love this idea, however, for whatever reason I can’t see the pictures and the link doesnt bring me to the recipe/instructions. I would love love to try this! Anyway you can send me the instructions?

Great blog!

• Laurie says

The links keep bringing me tot he same page, can you please tell how much of each is needed to make these?