DIY Skin Brightener! Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask

Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask

My good friend and neighbor Jodi recently realized a life-long dream of hers by opening up her very own salon and spa in our town called Mind Ur Bees Wax.

jodi-r

For many years she has been a master esthetician at a very exclusive salon and spa in Park City, Utah. Her clientele has included the “rich and the famous”! But now she’s opening her own place literally on Main Street, USA and is offering her services to “real people”…like me!  (I’m sure she’ll still have the “rich and famous” coming to see her…she’s that good! I just hope I’m around one of those times!) ;-)

Anyway, she was nice enough to treat me to an amazing organic facial the other day and now I think I’m hooked! I haven’t treated my face very nice over the years…but I’m TRYING to be better about that now that I’m “not as young as I used to be”. ;-)

Even though I will DEFINITELY be going back to see Jodi for her professional treatments, I wanted something I could do at home in between those times. She was kind enough to give me this recipe for an organic face mask that ALL of us can make at home with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen right now.

Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask

Yogurt and Honey Mask

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • Dash of ground cinnamon
  • Dash of ground nutmeg

Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask

Mix in cup or bowl (at this point you WILL be tempted to EAT it…it’s that good! You must resist…this is for your face!) and apply to face. It might tingle just a bit at first, that just tells you it’s working. Leave on for 7 to 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.

According to Jodi, the yogurt contains lactic acid which gently exfoliates dead skin cells and brightens the complexion. It also contains probiotics, so it’s great for healing blemishes. The honey naturally hydrates the skin and is rich in antioxidants and has anti-microbial properties. Cinnamon has a warming effect on the skin which brings fresh, oxygen-rich blood to the surface to kill bacteria and detoxify the skin and gives a healthy rosy glow. Nutmeg helps to “plump” the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask

I LOVED this stuff! It was EASY to make and it felt so cool and refreshing on my face!  When I washed it off….my face felt soft and moist. Usually after using a mask I immediately feel the need to slather on moisturizer…but I didn’t feel that way at all.

One more tip from Jodi:

Try it before a night out!  Your makeup will go on more evenly and your skin will be soft and glowing!

I’m definitely going to try that!

Thanks Jodi!

My skin thanks you too!

Share on Facebook120Tweet about this on Twitter7Pin on Pinterest6,737Google+1

Comments

Reposted your great advice on my site today with links to you and Jodi. Thank you both for sharing such great advice! I can’t wait to try it.
    Julie
    (the peppermint spider lady :) )

2. Deb says

It’s almost like you are reading my mind! Saturday I was searching your website for age spot lightening solutions! (Sorry to say I MIGHT need something like that!) Thanks for sharing another good tip!

3. Marie Norris says

this is a great mask yes you get all the benefits of Lactic acid I add lemon to mine to put in citric acid which also is a skin lightener and has an exfoiliating action also….great for large pores and women with blackheads..which usually arethe runners….. but anyway this is really a great mask.,.,.keep it natural and your skin will response to it….I always say when God created man and woman where did he put them? in the garden why? cause everything there was for their well being,.,.did you find a drug store there? no… it took Adam 900 yrs to destory himself ,it takes how long for man now a days?

4. Kelly says

Just tried this mask recipe. Love the way it makes my face feel. Will be anxious to see how my face feels after using it several times. Thanks for a great blog.

5. Casey says

I just tried this mask and I am in LOVE!!!! My skin has been dry and flaky almost all my life however after this wonderful mask there is not a flake in sight. Thank you so much for this recipe.

6. Jamie says

I love using natural ingredients on my face. I use honey as a mask and a cleanser. Right now I’m hooked on strawberries since they’re in season.

Keep up the great ideas!

7. marlene says

Ow , Ow , Ow !!!
    I just washed this off , after having it on for only a couple of minutes. There’s no way I could leave it on the full time. My face felt (and still feels) like it’s on FIRE .. and it’s red. Like , sunburn red. I’m not exactly sure which ingredient it was that did it , but holy nutter butter!!!!
    I don’t have sensitive skin that I am aware of , but maybe I do now! LOLOL
    Smelled great though! LOL

8. May says

I just washed this off and I am in love! I have combination skin with adult acne – it has made an instantly noticeable improvement in my skin, and it feels fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing this!

1. [...] I found this post from a lady that found another great DIY facial: Even though I will DEFINITELY be going back to see Jodi for her professional treatments, I wanted something I could do at home in between those times. She was kind enough to give me this recipe for an organic face mask that ALL of us can make at home with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen right now….More at DIY Skin Brightener! Yogurt and Honey Facial Mask | One Good … [...]