Headache Buster Blend with Essential Oils

headache blend

Since I had to postpone the post I was GOING to do today….until tomorrow…I decided to do a quickie afteroon post and let you know about an essential oil blend that has saved my sanity lately. I am one of those “fortunate” people who get headaches often. I always have a bottle of Excedrin in my purse just in case. Last week I had a headache that wasn’t budging! Excedrin hadn’t touched it, I even tried some Lavender and Peppermint essential oil on my temples and it helped a little, but the headache persisted. My sister Dori (Riches To Rags by Dori) did a little research and came up with a Headache Buster Blend and brought me a roller bottle of it. I applied it to my temples, my forehead and the back of my neck and within 10-15 minutes the headache was gone. It started to come back about 30 minutes later, so I reapplied and after that it was gone for good.

So as my abbreviated and tardy post today…I give to you….the Headache Buster Blend.

headache blend

Click on over to Dori’s original post on this blend for LOTS more information on this lifesaver for headache sufferers!  :-)

I’m convinced the addition of Birch essential oil in this blend is what made all the difference. Like I said above, I tried Lavender and Peppermint with only marginal success…but Birch, I have learned, is a powerful natural pain reliever.  It’s also fairly hard to get ahold of. Spark Naturals recently obtained some, but unfortunately it’s ALMOST sold out.  Only small bottles left now. But they assure me they are working on getting more. Just a little FYI there for ya! :-)

Use the coupon code JILLEE for 10% off ANY Spark Naturals products. :-)

Share on Facebook251Tweet about this on Twitter11Pin on Pinterest14,732Google+2

Comments

1. Donna says

Thanks Jillee on the Headache Buster. Get my Birch oil at Bulk Apothacary.com. $3.64
    Birch Sweet Essential Oil
    Botanical Name: Betula lenta Plant Part: Bark Extraction Method: Steam Distillation Origin: Russia Color: Colorless to pale yellow liquid. Common Uses: Birch Sweet is credited with being an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-pryetic, anti-rheumatic,…

Works really well alone or with other essentials like Lavender. Great post thanks!

2. Ann/alba says

This is perfect I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this, I hate taking tablets for headaches . Lavender & Ice are usually what works for me both i can’t always take with me to work This would be a great solution.

3. Candace says

Thanks for the great idea… I am a headache person as well so I can’t wait to try it. Does it have to be fractionated coconut oil or can it be regular coconut oil?

Thanks!

4. Diana says

I, too, am one of those “fortunate” ones that gets headaches often. UNfortunately, Excederin makes mine worse due to the caffeine in them. I can’t wait to try this blend. My lavender and peppermint headache pillow helps, but it would be nice to have something I can carry with me everywhere. THANKS!!

5. Diane Trudeau says

Since the fractionated coconut oil is used as a carrier here, could I use almond oil, which I have on hand?

• Jane McClure says

I also had everything except Wintergreen. Wintergreen makes me nauseous. I think the blend works well w/o it.

6. Andrea says

I don’t have wintergreen but everything else….Do you think it would work as well without it?

Thanks

7. patti g says

I have headaches 3 to 4 times a day daily. Thank u for the tip. Also try essential oils.all natural.

8. Mindy says

I LOVE the headache blend! I woke up with a really nasty headache the other day and applied this. Within 2-3 minutes, the headache was eased dramatically and within 10 minutes, gone! It did come back about an hour later, but like you said, a second application and POOF! Headache was no more! My son is also loving using the EOs and this one is VERY popular in my house. Thanks for all you (and your sisters) do to help the rest of us!

9. Jen E says

What are your thoughts on the danger of wintergreen and birch? I’m talking about methyl salicylate.