Welcome to Spa Week! All week long, we’ll be sharing our best tips for bringing the spa home – from clever beauty hacks to relaxing treatments and more!
We’re kicking off spa week with a post all about creating the perfect day (or evening) of pampering and relaxation in your very own home!
First things first….start by setting the mood! Put on some calming music and create the perfect spa scent while you get things ready. Lavender essential oil is great for relaxing, but nothing smells more like a spa than eucalyptus! I like to use my diffuser, but candles create such nice lighting, too. If you go with a candle, choose one that utilizes essential oils for its scent, like this one. Or you can make your own candle.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Now that you have the smells and sounds of the spa, put on your slippers, get out your fluffiest towels, and choose a treatment (or two, or three, or four…) from the list below. Enjoy!
Make Your Own Spa Water
Sipping on “spa water” is an easy way to enjoy spa amenities at home. I put some strawberries and mint in my infuser pitcher, but you can also put the fruit straight into a water bottle or mason jar. Cucumbers and citrus are refreshing, but I love berries! Here are some more delicious recipes from Beauty Buzz Daily.
To make your own Tea Tree Toner Tabs, place them in a bowl of hot water, use a towel to trap the steam, and allow the steam to clean out your pores. This treatment is great for acne-prone skin and leaves your face feeling clean and refreshed!
Applying a face mask is one of my favorite at-home spa treatments. This Yogurt & Honey Face Mask leaves my skin soft, moisturized, and it makes applying makeup easier because it plumps the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles!
Since everyone’s skin is different, here are some more face masks and scrubs for different skin types and issues:
- Custom Face Scrubs
- Pumpkin Scrub
- Honey Almond Scrub
- Detox Mask for Rosacea
- 3 Recipes with Honey: A Toner, A Scrub and A Mask
Anti-Aging Hand Mask
Along with the skin on your face, the skin on the backs of your hands can also reveal significant signs of aging. This simple, all-natural mixture you can make at home in minutes will have your hands feeling softer and looking more youthful in no time.
A foot soak is the perfect treatment if you don’t have much time to spare. You can even set up a foot bath at your desk or at a table while you work on something else!
- After a long day on my feet, I love using this foot soak and detox, it feels amazing!
- If you have dry, cracked heels, then try this foot soak with Listerine and vinegar.
- After a nice soak, massage this peppermint cream into your feet – you’ll love it!
Treat your Hair
- If you have dry hair that could use a serious moisturizing treatment, this Coconut Oil Conditioning Treatment is perfect for you!
- If you hair needs some thickening, try this Avocado Mask and Clove Rinse.
- For a dry, flaky scalp, try this Jojoba Oil Treatment.
- If you’re looking to “Lighten and Brighten” dull hair, “Smooth and Shine” frizzy hair, or for “Strength and Volume;” check out these 3 Spa-Inspired Sprays.
- If you have a lot of hairspray buildup, this DIY Hair Detox will remove all the residue with ease.
Take a Bath
After a hair or face mask, I like to take a bath or shower to make sure I get everything out! Try one of these ideas for your bath to achieve the ultimate at-home relaxation:
- Lush-Inspired Bath Bombs
- Aromatherapy Bubble Bath
- Scented Milk Bath
- The Ultimate Detox Bath
- Eucalyptus Mint Bath Oil
- Sweet Dreams Bath Soak
Be sure to check back tomorrow for more SPA WEEK goodness! :-)
What’s your favorite at-home spa treatment?