Here on my blog, I strive to share simple, everyday tips and tricks that can help make life a little bit easier. But sometimes, the tips that I want to share aren’t something I can write a whole blog post about. But since I can’t waste a good idea, I tuck them away to use at a later date. I’ve built up quite a catalog of these quick tips & tricks, so I decided to share a couple dozen of them today, in the second part of a series I’m calling “Why Didn’t I Think of That?”
Note: Many of the tips I share on the blog come straight from your comments. If you have a great idea you’d like to share, leave it in the comments, and your idea could be featured in the next “Why Didn’t I Think of That?” post!
- Line a mug or cup with a plastic sandwich bag before using it to rinse paint brushes. It makes clean up SO much easier!
- Make your own single-serve frozen smoothie packs at home. It’s an easy way to utilize in-season produce for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- Use binder clips to hang bags of fruit or veggies in the freezer. It’s a great way to maximize your precious freezer space. For more clip ideas, read my post about 30 Creative & Unique Uses for Paperclips.
- Hang tank tops and scarves on shower rings connected to a clothes hanger. This will save you a lot of closet space!
- When camping or picnicking, place a bowl or plate with water in it underneath the legs of the table. This prevents ants from crawling up to the food.
- Keep slugs and other pests away from your garden by sprinkling used coffee grounds around the plants.
- Use a smoothie straw to keep droopy flowers upright and beautiful. To hide the straws in a clear vase, put a smaller vase into a larger vase. Then wrap a piece of scrapbook paper around the smaller vase.
- Hang a bag of chalk in your closets to keep your clothes smelling fresh. Chalk is excellent at absorbing moisture and odor.
- Rub a very thin layer of butter on the outside of a pitcher. It will repel the liquid inside, preventing messy drips. A great tip to use when using a nice tablecloth!
- Here’s an easy trick for cleaning up spilled raw eggs: don’t try to wipe them up right away! Sprinkle salt on top of the spill and wait 10 minutes. The egg will wipe up easily, with no sticky mess left behind!
The “Why Didn’t I Think Of That?” Series
If you’ve missed any of the previous posts in this series, or want to revisit some of your old favorite tips, you’ve come to the right place! Just click the button below to view the full archive of past posts in the “Why Didn’t I Think Of That?” series.