Here on my blog, I strive to share simple, everyday tips and tricks that can help make life a little bit easier. But sometimes, the tips that I want to share aren’t something I can write a whole blog post about. But since I can’t waste a good idea, I tuck them away to use at a later date. I’ve built up quite a catalog of these quick tips & tricks, so I decided to share a couple dozen of them today, in the second part of a series I’m calling “Why Didn’t I Think of That?”
Note: Many of the tips I share on the blog come straight from your comments. If you have a great idea you’d like to share, leave it in the comments, and your idea could be featured in the next “Why Didn’t I Think of That?” post!
- Line a mug or cup with a plastic sandwich bag before using it to rinse paint brushes. It makes clean up SO much easier!
- Make your own single-serve frozen smoothie packs at home. It’s an easy way to utilize in-season produce for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- Use binder clips to hang bags of fruit or veggies in the freezer. It’s a great way to maximize your precious freezer space. For more clip ideas, read my post about 30 Creative & Unique Uses for Paperclips.
- Hang tank tops and scarves on shower rings connected to a clothes hanger. This will save you a lot of closet space!
- When camping or picnicking, place a bowl or plate with water in it underneath the legs of the table. This prevents ants from crawling up to the food.
- Keep slugs and other pests away from your garden by sprinkling used coffee grounds around the plants.
- Use a smoothie straw to keep droopy flowers upright and beautiful. To hide the straws in a clear vase, put a smaller vase into a larger vase. Then wrap a piece of scrapbook paper around the smaller vase.
- Hang a bag of chalk in your closets to keep your clothes smelling fresh. Chalk is excellent at absorbing moisture and odor.
- Rub a very thin layer of butter on the outside of a pitcher. It will repel the liquid inside, preventing messy drips. A great tip to use when using a nice tablecloth!
- Here’s an easy trick for cleaning up spilled raw eggs: don’t try to wipe them up right away! Sprinkle salt on top of the spill and wait 10 minutes. The egg will wipe up easily, with no sticky mess left behind!