Monday, October 22, 2012

Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Five

At the beginning of last December I started looking around the web for Christmas gift ideas that were SIMPLE, HANDMADE, INEXPENSIVE, and ADORABLE! :-)

Is that really too much to ask?? I don’t think so! As a matter of fact I KNOW it’s not asking too much because I ended up doing 4 different “Simple Handmade Gifts” posts that month and people were clamoring for more! There are just a LOT of super talented people out there with really GREAT ideas!

So this year I’m starting a little earlier because even though I would classify each of these gift ideas as “simple”, if you’re like me Christmas seems to come faster and faster every year!

So I present to you….Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Five…curated from across the world wide web. Enjoy!

(Note: Not ALL of the gift IDEAS listed are tutorials. Some even link to Etsy shops or places where you can purchase the item. But I included them if I thought they were a simple enough idea to easily replicate. Also, some are not 100% “handmade”, but again, if they were SIMPLE ideas and had some personalization to them, they were included.)

Homemade Soy Candles Scented with Essential Oils  -  Ruffled Blog

Christmas On Your Stove Potpourri  -  Dandee Designs

Little Pan Gift with Printable Recipes  -  Frolic

Personalized Embossed Candles  -  The Idea Room

Lemon and Ginger Syrup  -  Time For A Little Something

Homemade Heating Pad  -  Martha Stewart

Tea Towel-Lined Basket  -  Better Homes and Gardens

Frozen Cookie Dough In Ice Cream Containers  -  Pinterest

Sock-Covered Flower Pots  -  Decor Hacks

Fleece Heart Pocket Hand Warmers  -  WormeWoole

Simple Candy In a Jar  -  Catered Crop

Treat Box with Button Garland  -  Better Homes and Gardens

Homemade Tea Bags in a Mug  -  Better Homes and Gardens

Sweetheart Felt Magnets  -  What. No Mints?

Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce  -  My Baking Addiction

Upcycled Kleenex Box  -  Southern Flair Crafts

Fabric Covered Pots  -  Christine Chitnis

Ginger Syrup For Ginger Ale  -  Everybody Likes Sandwiches

Nail Polish “Favor”  -  Think Garnish

DIY Vanilla Extract  -  Bake At 350

Chalkboard Placemat  -  Milk Bottles

Homemade “Slice and Bake” Cookie Dough  -  Southern Living

Candy Cane Marshmallows  -  Martha Stewart

Looking for MORE inspiration?  Check out “Simple Handmade Gifts” - Parts 1 through 4!  :-)

Never miss a good thing!
Receive a daily dose of Jillee + bonus newsletters.

32 thoughts on “Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Five

1. Pingback: Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Five | One Good Thing by Jillee | Muskegonvegan's Blog

2. Stephanie

I just finished all my Christmas shopping and gift making! I decided to make ALL our Dads(4 of them) gifts because they have everything! I found six pack coolers on sale at the end of the season, and nought them, filled with grilling tools, which were also on sale, as well as multiple spices and various grilling sauces and marinades. I have about $30 in each of them because that is what we opted to spend per parent, but the actual cooler and the tools were less than $10. I also put some airplane bottle of liquor in each bag! Something they can mix with their coffee, etc. I had more fun with these gifts than I did the store bought gifts. Our Moms also will be getting homemade gift beauty baskets…mani/pedi kits, beauty supplies, and homemade scarves and washing detergent (thanks to your recipe)! Fun, fun, fun!!!

1. Jillee Post author

I completely agree Stephanie! Those kinds of gifts are so much more fun to give! What a creative idea for the Dad’s! (and Mom’s) And look at you….all done in OCTOBER!! I’m jealous. :-)

3. sara orme

Jillee ~ this is my first visit to your blog, but it won’t be my last! Thank you for featuring WormeWoole’s heart hand warmers in your handmade gift guide. What a great compilation of items here with such yummy photos. I want them all ♥ Warmly, Sara

4. CraftyMamaT

This is great timing! I just did a simmering pot recipe post on my blog yesterday! Every couple of years, my mother’s side has a “Homemade Christmas” in which every gift is handmade/homemade. Most years, I do handmade gifts anyway, as they are a lot more fun! Even for kids!

5. Missie

I was already planning to make hand sanitizer as gifts for my daughters teachers using a recipe I found here: http://www.crunchybetty.com/easy-homemade-hand-sanitizer-that-works-on-three-levels . I had made some for my husband when he requested I pick up some Purell (uh, no. lol) and added cinnamon essential oil. It smells divine and would be perfect for teachers. BUT, now I have found the perfect containers to make for it! Thanks Jillee! The hand saying label is by far my fovorite for those monogrammed pump bottles. Or maybe since my daughter is in Catholic School I could find a good bible qoute or saying about using our hands to serve the Lord. Does anyone know of a good verse/saying off-hand?

6. Lonelle Minesinger

I was really interested in the Christmas Cookie Dough containers but if you follow the link it doesn’t work!!
    thinkgarnishblog.com leads to an Internal Server Error!

7. Lechelle

I really want to make those darling chalkboard placemats as gifts for Christmas, but the link takes me to a site to buy them, not make them. Do you know where I can find a tutorial on how to make them?

8. Pingback: Simple Handmade Gifts – Part Six | One Good Thing by Jillee

9. Pingback: Simple gift ideas | Lizzies Tips for Everyday Living

10. {unique gift ideas

Figuring out unique gift ideas you’ve needed for those special occasions is not simple. At least for some people this is the case. The interesting thing with the concept behind unique gift ideas is they definitely do not want to pricey but the focus is on the ingenuity of the unique gift ideas themselves. Genuine thoughts that are also satisfying and helpful for the recipient are naturally also really important.

11. ANNETTE DANIELS

JUST FOUND YOUR WEBSITE.
    IT IS REALLY FANTASTIC. I PLAN ON TRYING ALL YOUR IDEAS FROM
    THE MICROFIBER CLEANING, THE WASHING MACHINE AND THE DISHWASHER
    CLEANING. KEEP ALL YOUR IDEAS COMING AND I PLAN ON BUYING
    YOUR BOOK. YOU MAKE LOTS OF SENSE TO ME!

ANNETTE